Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

I never said we should keep the death penalty in the US.

Someone said it was wrong to execute people who are guilty of murder, I don't think that's true.

Then why are you making arguments about whether we're sure some hypothetical defendant is guilty or not? That's entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand, and all I've seen from you is an assertion that you think it's better that innocent people be executed rather than spend life in prison.

My response would be that it's preferable that an innocent person, after being released, expresses that they'd have preferred to have been executed, than it would be for a no longer alive innocent prisoner to not be able to make that judgment for themselves after being found innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread