Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Zibanejad heating up?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Schultz on the ice for warmups. Pens have 4 NHL defensemen tonight!

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
how the gently caress can the entire team be this snakebitten

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

yellowcar posted:

fuckin Emelin

:same:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/835649260179836928

Auston Matthews is god

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
lol that was the dumbest, luckiest goal but don't let me derail the Matthews Hype Train

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh yeah the goal was bs but the point still stands

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Pancakes by Mail posted:

lol that was the dumbest, luckiest goal but don't let me derail the Matthews Hype Train

Yea. He's done more impressive things to warrant it but that wasn't one of them.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Kuznetsov good

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Thank God Shaw sucks.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Thank God Shaw sucks.

i'm not even sure that would have hit the broad side of a barn

habs are playing pretty good possession hockey, which is great because all the mouth breathers can use it as proof that FANCYSTATS ARE MEANINGLESS and YA GOTTA TRADE PRICE FER GRIT

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Thank God Shaw sucks.

Could've drafted DeBrincat but noooooooo gotta have that GRIT

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:catstare: Andersen so lucky.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

THIS
TEAM

CAN'T

BUY

ONE

e: broadcast team managing to mention Habs goal drought approximately 41 times a minute, impressive stuff

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Jeez that was close

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

are you fuckin kidding me

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

i'm definitely touchy as hell about it but boy howdy you forget how openly homer-y CBC is for the Leafs

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The first power play unit is Bad.
The second power play unit is Good.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pancakes by Mail posted:

i'm definitely touchy as hell about it but boy howdy you forget how openly homer-y CBC is for the Leafs

Best part is Leafs fans hate Jim Hughson because you can supposedly tell how much he "hates" the Leafs in these broadcasts

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
This Kong movie looks so stupid.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Yeah when I think of ambition I think of Budweiser. Makers of Prohibition beer.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

i think all the Slap Shot stuff is a little corny but it's kinda charming and I like it

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Yeah when I think of ambition I think of Budweiser. Makers of Prohibition "beer".

ftfy

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Cherry's having a senior moment*.

*moment may last forever

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Stretch Marx posted:

This Kong movie looks so stupid.

I'm totally going to see it, you can't stop me.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Ron got a chuckle out of Cherry with that whisker pun.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

Cherry's having a senior moment*.

*moment may last forever

How many coach's corner transcribed videos can we get out of it?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Koopa Kid posted:

Best part is Leafs fans hate Jim Hughson because you can supposedly tell how much he "hates" the Leafs in these broadcasts

Jim Hughson is bad at his job. Also Gary Galley or whoever is doing play by play is even more terrible than usual. Called Nesterov Emelin like 5 times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CDX posted:

Jim Hughson is bad at his job. Also Gary Galley or whoever is doing play by play is even more terrible than usual. Called Nesterov Emelin like 5 times.

Basically the same thing.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Ice dragon boats would be a good time.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Nesterov's better
Barberio, who MTL let go for free, would pretty safely be the #5 D on this team (same was true when he left)

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't seen Nesterov throw any lovely hits yet and I'm not familiar enough with him from Tampa to know if he's slow and terrible.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Barberio, who MTL let go for free, would pretty safely be the #5 D on this team (same was true when he left)

oh goddamnit when did this happen?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
"Keeping Canada Safe" the tv show.

:what:

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

yellowcar posted:

oh goddamnit when did this happen?

Three weeks ago or so? Terrible move.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Just to confirm that it's not weird confirmation bias, Montreal's shooting% in their last ten games is 4.8% (league average 8%)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Just to confirm that it's not weird confirmation bias, Montreal's shooting% in their last ten games is 4.8% (league average 8%)

Boston also notably had a very bad shooting percentage under Julien.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: The Penguins coming out to "Renegade" I love that song has become the anthem of Pittsburgh sports teams, mainly because its a good song.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wouldn't call that "magnificent" Doc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Boston also notably had a very bad shooting percentage under Julien.

not that I'd blame the coach anyway but less than half of this horrible streak is under Julien

• Locked thread