Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
how the gently caress can the entire team be this snakebitten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
lol that was the dumbest, luckiest goal but don't let me derail the Matthews Hype Train

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Thank God Shaw sucks.

i'm not even sure that would have hit the broad side of a barn

habs are playing pretty good possession hockey, which is great because all the mouth breathers can use it as proof that FANCYSTATS ARE MEANINGLESS and YA GOTTA TRADE PRICE FER GRIT

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

THIS
TEAM

CAN'T

BUY

ONE

e: broadcast team managing to mention Habs goal drought approximately 41 times a minute, impressive stuff

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

i'm definitely touchy as hell about it but boy howdy you forget how openly homer-y CBC is for the Leafs

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

i think all the Slap Shot stuff is a little corny but it's kinda charming and I like it

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Basically the same thing.

Nesterov's better
Barberio, who MTL let go for free, would pretty safely be the #5 D on this team (same was true when he left)

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Just to confirm that it's not weird confirmation bias, Montreal's shooting% in their last ten games is 4.8% (league average 8%)

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Boston also notably had a very bad shooting percentage under Julien.

not that I'd blame the coach anyway but less than half of this horrible streak is under Julien

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress me that was nice

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Price.......he's good

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Would really like if this means Julien keeps Galchenyuk on the 1st line. Danault has been great but he's a 2C at best.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Shots are 11-4 Leafs this period and the Habs are the team with two goals

you're not wrong but depending how one counts shots, MTL would have more (missed the net a bunch)

also Nesterov's pass on goal #2 was good, Emelin is the worst defenseman on the active lineup, maybe the roster

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

re: the trade rumors being discussed by the panel, who the hell would give up anything for Ryan Miller right now? Especially LA? Budaj has been downright good.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Let's not go crazy saying stuff like "The Leafs aren't gonna win this game"

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

does the kid ever score normal goals

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Emelin is so insanely bad and slow. Every time you see the Habs pinned in their zone, take a look - I promise Emelin is on the ice

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

boy oh boy

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

butthole was clenched tbh

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

a bold strategem

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Leafs fans, that was a really good game and your team is good and will be really really good in like, a year. or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

This is basically all I ask for for this season. Regardless of whether the Leafs make the playoffs this season has been infinitely more enjoyable to watch than past ones. Almost every game is back and forth. Death to the old hockey.

i was told the Leafs are a "high event" team at both ends and yes....yes that is accurate

• Locked thread