Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That binge eater disadvantage is a little unbalanced. I had a guy over the period of 2 cycles systematically eat every single one of my liceloaves, he had to have eaten over 30 and each time he got angry because it wasn't up to his standards. But he ate it anyway. Then when I ran completely out of food he pissed all over the floor because he had needed to pee for 2 days straight. Then my colony went into a tantrum spiral because he ate my entire stock of food, game over

I think you guys are way ahead of me, since I only had 9 guys and never explored outside the initial biome. I discovered the natural gas plant spews polluted water all over the floor for some reason (!!!) which would have been nice to know from the tooltip or something. Actually none of the buildings specify input and output, like the air scrubber takes directly from surrounding air and not a vent which seems silly to me IMO, and it doesn't say it needs water until you place it.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Anyone have any good design tips lately? That little hydrogen generator room a few pages ago was great but they seem to have fixed the drip-feeding-algae trick of a few pages back, it no longer works.

I also must be missing something on the tooltips that pop up when you mouse over buildings on the build list because I had no idea the natural gas generator leaked polluted water until it had messed up my base. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any list of intakes/outputs of the buildings, like I didn't realize the CO2 scrubber pulled directly from the air rather than vents, and required water, it's all just "build it a new thing, hope you can fiddle with it until it works".

Once I unlocked the thick wire cable I realized that I built completely inadequately and had no real idea how to design with electricity in mind, and other than CO2 intake being at the bottom-right I have I have a few ideas about what a good base should look like beyond ladderways being 3 deep and having a two-thick floor to later put in lights and to try and keep it "one room" for ease of gas management.

I was thinking of either putting a feed column horizontal or vertical between floors to hide it and then have one transformer per floor, but I guess you have to put the transformer inside the column because the small wires are the only things that can go through walls. So it looks like maybe I need to build modularly after all, at least with respect to the production/consumption devices.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I read above that they are fixing the heavy-watt-through-doors thing, though. The problem with a vertical service trunk seems to be largely that your guys are going to have to cross it regularly and there doesn't seem to be a way around that. You need power going to machines at the bottom of your base, I haven't tried it but possibly if you concentrate all machines in the lower levels in isolated rooms you can stay "above" the heavy cable most of the time.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 16, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I can't find sleet wheat on my asteroid and all my dupes have been eating fried mush for cycles and cycles

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I stuck one wash station next to my toilet cleaning people who leave, and one in my mess cleaning people who enter. It seems to have worked, as long as I sterilize them every once in a while. I haven't had a germ problem, and nothing's so contagious that you have to wash every single time, there are low amounts of germs on lots of things and it hasn't done anything to my colony yet.

I found a ruin but I think I broke it. The door wanted a "sample" whatever that is so I started digging around it and somehow one of my dupes opened the door? but it's still fogged as "unknown" and I can't click on anything but the door and I get get my guys to enter so I'm not sure what to do.

Frankly, not a lot has changed and the base design I built last patch still works fine, except that rushing to hydroponics tiles no longer works because it won't grow any plants at all without water in the pipes, even if the plants (meal lice) don't use them.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I came back to the game and got a handle on germs pretty quick. Two toilets off in a corner, with two wash basins on the way out. Finally started messing with geysers, specifically a steam geyser. Ran into a new problem for me, temperature. My water pumps kept overheating and breaking, while the hot water started warming my base way too much.

Time to start again.
The biggest thing to do is once you unlock insulated pipes, switch to them immediately. Insulate only the side of the geyser+pool that's facing your base and let the other absorb enough heat to not damage your pump (which you build with amalgam). Don't let the geyser water empty into a different storage pool because it'll heat up your whole place. Insulate the contaminated water pipes as well, because they all heat up the tiles around them. You can use the geyser water for lavatory and showers without problems, make it into air (when it gets converted the air comes out at 30c) and also with the new bottler you can use it for food creation as well. Water purification resets the water temp and you can gradually purify as a heat dump.

I keep re-making this general base layout and it keeps working well enough, Put your heat+electricity producing buildings in one place away from your living quarters and insulate those tiles when you can. grow your peppermint (which loves heat) nearby.

Sadly this asteroid didn't have NEARLY as many wheezeworts as my pre-patch game did (3 versus 8+) and so heat is currently spiraling out of control in this one as well. Sadly I can't give you an example of my longest-running stable base where everyone got spiffy clothes and was eating peppermint buns due to the save overwrite but here's the latest one slowly heating up

Also has an example of a heavy-watt backbone and transformer converters. The heavi-watt goes in a U shape from the power area down and across the storage pools and back up to the geyser. The only problematic area is the one to the right of the showers which needs to get re-made. "Hiding" your heavy-watt isn't hard, no one goes to the power area anyway, just keep the places it crosses travel corridors minimized using cable bridges. You'll want two different converters, one for your kitchen and one for everything else (lights, doors, whatever). I like to run the heavi-watt in a U shape (or inverted T), stack all my engines above each other and make the pools deep enough so the decor hit is below where everyone walks and so I don't have to manage electricity with my pumps+engines. That way there's only one wire snaking down across where people will walk.

Weirdly, I had zero issues with germs this game, they may have as well not existed. Two of my dupes got slimelung from standing around in bad air pockets and the convalescence was annoying but that's pretty much all the development I've seen in the last 2+ months (!!) so going to take a break from this game until I guess next year(?) or whenever they come out with some more things to do.

Also the light bugs kept vanishing, I have no idea if they got eaten or what. I hope they add creature wrangling at some point.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 28, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Truga posted:

Electrolysers put out gas at a static 60 degrees.

They DO use water at any temp though so feel free to use nearly boiling geyser water to feed them and your showers/toilets.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I played most of the day yesterday as well. I still (and always?) have had a HUGE problem with heat and there were only 6 wheezewarts on the whole map. I just can't get rid of all the excess heat generated. Everything creates heat and almost nothing removes it. Bristle Blossoms are insanely sensitive to heat. I know you can make an efficient wheezewort chamber by filling it with hydrogen (2.4 times better than just having it in an oxygenated room) and now with the new aquatuners/regulators to play with I need to figure out the proper pathway.

After a bit of research, I found all the bathroom objects output room temperature polluted water regardless of input temperature. Water distillers output 40c clean water regardless of input water temperature. With this in mind, I'm going to try to design a cold clean water / hot polluted water pool and use the polluted water as a heat exchange medium. This should kill both germs and (ab)use how the distillers work. I might be able to work a steam distiller thing in there somehow as well, so I need to experiment with designs.

Filling your colony with decor and forcing them to eat fried mush until the end of time continues to work.

I also tried making a bunch of terrariums this time, and it ended up being a huge mistake - 6 or 7 of them drank ALL my water by cycle 80 or so. Never again! Petroleum seems neat and I made a bunch of plastic ladders (they're nice) but the suits aren't that great due to adding a huge delay and move penalty. It also doesn't pair well with the job system; dupes will happily carry/mine something and then run all the way back to base to do something else before running back. The better beds increasing stamina is pointless at the moment because stamina is a pretty unused stat; dupes get to 100% midway through the night regardless of beds and once there they don't wake early or anything.

They really need to address how finicky pipes are, in fact I'm filing a bug report on this because the first image works great but the second one blocks the later rooms even if there's 'room' in the pipe to combine the liquid.

Also, as cool as that oxygen setup above looks, I don't mean to upstage you but the one I made works just as well and is substantially more compact. It doesn't run 100% of the time, but it also doesn't waste electricity pumping when not needed. Just enable the switches at above 900-1.1k and you're off!

E: also with the new high-output vents, you can get pressure up to 20kg. :catstare: This should make heat exchange rooms really efficient, at least in theory. Shame wheezeworts take in 1kg/sec and lower temp by 5 degrees, so they're unaffected by anything but gas type (so, use hydrogen).

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 9, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I ran a game up to cycle 50 or so, finished off the tech tree, explored to find the cold biome (there only appears to be one and it's across the top of the map now) have a little starting water left. I kept my population at a reasonable 8 dupes and it seems like a single terrarium can handle all my co2 output in-base when I'm also digging downwards to make a mushroom farm + food storage area that fills up with co2. CO2 pools down where i want it to but the single terrarium eats any co2 that threatens to spill upwards into my main lower levels. It worked so well I'm going to just do that in the future.

I'm running out of algae to feed my 2 deoxidizers but there's a slime biome just next door that I'm sculpting for the polluted water pool anyway. My dupes are completely happy without showers or running water of any kind, and power was just from two manual generators so it was easy to keep the colony running without expending too many resources or generating too much eat. It's the electrolyser+hydrogen setup that ended up overheating my base and wilting my blossoms last time. I found the cold biome just in time to dump a few wheezeworts next to the blossoms so now I have a fairly stable setup I can reload from when I inevitably screw it all up.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 11, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Wish there were ways to make the dupes move faster like elevators. Even with the plastic tiles now that your cold biome spawns far north it's a real PITA to climb all the way up there to do something and often they'll develop a need en-route so they'll climb right back down after doing one thing.

It's a seriously massive time sink to try and build ladders because you'll have a dupe run up to excavate and then tag the ladder for build, then run back down, and then a second dupe runs up to build the ladder, and it does that for every tile unless you block out 4 to dig then queue ladders after it's dug.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 7, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I hope it's more like a double-speed paternoster than a car-based one. It would fit both the game's style and also the individualistic tasking.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If there are platforms at every floor it could just be stationary when not in use and start up instantly when someone jumps on.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
yeah, it's the 1-9 buttons on the bottom in the lower right. I set all the things that are important to 6 and all the things that are critical to 7. It's also good for making sure your cook fries all that mush before making more mush.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
speaking of food shortage, I wonder if they fixed binge eating to sensibly end instead of systematically consuming all available food up to and including 200k+ emergency food stores

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
One thing i didn't realize until i had started investigating heat is that the objects themselves radiate if they store water internally. Your showers and lavatory are going to be heating the surrounding area even with abyssalite pipes. Same with pumping hot water to hydroponic tiles and Even though electrolyzers normalize 80C water, 40C is still really hot air to pump directly into your base and will wilt your blossoms unless they are separated.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Makes sense, who wants to be peeing into 90C water.

It took me a while to cop to the "items retain water" thing too since it isn't actually shown on the interface outside of the tooltip; I had a completely nonfunctioning Reed garden because I accidentally hit them with water and not polluted water the first time around.
if they didn't want to shower with 90C water and pee in 90C water they shouldn't have been printed into my asteroid :colbert:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The annoying thing at the moment is that it's absolutely viable and probably optimal to stay at 3-5 dupes and do nothing but excavate and research the entire tree because there's no requirement for plastic or any created product as a higher tier research material, and 3-5 dupes basic are easy to feed with mush or muckroots and heat isn't an issue when you only have an outhouse.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
they sort of listened! A new, real reason for plastic! Transit Tubes!
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/85205-tubular-upgrade-preview-and-holiday-break/

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Tenebrais posted:

I suspect they'll be another logistics layer like power/plumbing/vents?

Nope, it's at the building layer. It can't go through any building tile including ladders and walls (there's a separate wall similar to the heavi-watt wall plate for walls though) That didn't stop me from making a giant loop around my base with 6 different stops! I'm not sure how much time it saves (a little) but it sure is fun to watch them pop out! I run on max speed so the zipping around isn't animated.

Speedball posted:

Sheesh, growing crops with specific atmospheric, pressure and temperature requirements is nuts. I'm doing fine with just meal lice cooked into liceloafs for now but yowza.

I managed to get a pretty good base in my current run, I found a chlorine geyser for the first time (why? Is that for decontaminating stuff?) and a natural gas geyser. I'm still digging around hoping to find a water geyser.

This was my first time trying to mess around with a natural gas generator. I built an airlock around it before unsealing it, so there's not too much gas contamination in the rest of my base. It is very powerful and runs off a regenerating resource, but god drat it is sloppy. It pukes out CO2 way more than the coal generator and drips polluted water right on the ground beneath it. I've got some CO2 scrubbers set up in its output area; they send dirty water over to my purification plant, so I've got a lot of reclaimed water right now.

I guess if I wanted to start a mushroom farm I could build it in the CO2 area too, since they grow in CO2.

Question: Does petroleum only appear in biomes far DOWN or if I dig in any direction am I likely to encounter it?
Yes, just dig straight down and you'll hit it.

Cooking/meals isn't very useful at the moment since you can feed your people on raw meal lice if you have enough plants or you squeeze them into liceloafs if you need to make the food stretch. Most food converts into less calories and if you have enough decor and your dupes aren't getting sopping wet and hypothermia all the time, you can easily handle the negative stress of eating substandard food, at least until you can start your sleet wheat farm.

mushrooms are also real good in a lazy way but they grow much slower. CO2 is easy, just build them below everything else.

Chlorine geyser has no use, currently.

Here are two pictures you might find useful

https://imgur.com/a/PfO5k
https://imgur.com/a/AbK5Z#YYUqoXA

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 15, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Travic posted:

Wow. How are you powering so many natural gas generators? I can only power about 3.5 generators off one geyser. (Three running constantly and one running when the gas backs up).

The fertilizers make natural gas; it's all calculated and it's the proper ratio. The only thing you need to do is have a filter that only sends natural gas down the pipe to the left and sends everything else outside, and an additional return at the top of the left that sends natural gas over to and exits on the right with a high pressure vent - at least until it's pure co2 on the left and natural gas on the right. Add water to the scrubbers and you're good to go. Be warned it does produce a good amount of heat!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Speedball posted:

Everyone's bases are so big and clean. I guess once you get a good enough economy going you can just totally mine out a huge area and turn it into a more efficient building space? Hm. Gonna have to use a lot of ladders and deconstruct them after to get it all going.
I pretty much start the base the same way every time, 4 tile high and 18 tile long rooms with a space and ladder on each side. I dig one above, one below, then on the right of the portal across the ladder i make the bathroom and underneath it the mess hall. Below the portal i build machines and above go the beds. Med and massage chairs next to the portal. Those central two ladders and the rooms between make up the core of my base. Down are generally the farms, then i tunnel left and right to try and find the geysers and ice biome for wheezewarts.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

ZiegeDame posted:

So how do you prevent everything inside from melting? And where does all that fertilizer go, anyway?
It just gets dropped on the ground. I made it one tile wider and have a ladder and locked airlocks for easy access if you want to scoop them up. I never have needed it, myself. You want the fertilizers in the same room as the geyser since they output gas as well, and bigger rooms aren't necessarily better but they do allow more buffering. If you build the machines out of gold alum it won't melt and for myself I only insulate the side facing my base and I let the other side bleed the heat out unrestricted.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Speedball posted:

Ughhh, I can't get a handle on what I'm doing wrong regarding circuit overloads. Do I need more power transformers everywhere and fewer things hooked directly to the grid?

short answer, yes. long answer, yeeeesssssssss

Put your power generation roughly in the same place and just make a stack of transformers to separate out power as-needed. Say, one for each cardinal direction. My current base as an example:

each transit tube is going to want a dedicated transformer, and just off-screen are additional transformers going to ice and lava biome for pumps.
I should have done a better job isolating the hevi-watt from traffic but it doesn't really matter that much, everyone's happy.

Remember, you can flip them them with O so the heavi-watt intake is on the other side!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Here's mine my current one. Cycle 230, 32 dupes, a bit more organic than the above. My dupes don't take showers and eat mostly lice and mushrooms. I don't have a big store of water and I'm gradually feeding all polluted water I find into my fertilizer makers rather than purify it - the steam geyser provides more than plenty water. The plastic presses are next to the anti-antropic machines to stay cold and I have a bunch of captive slicksters making oil for me down below.

I'm in the process of hollowing out a new growing area to free up the middle for stuff, hence ladder to nowhere. I wanted to see if I could actually store everything that was lying around, which was a mistake as it takes up a solid third of my base.

Next time I'm going to put the farms awayyyy from the machines, for real this time. the 3 wide ladders work fine late-game with transit tubes (tube, ladder, pole) but I need to plan horizontal stations better. I never did set up a refinery, heat is still such an issue in this game and for whatever reason heat exchanges are really inefficient unless you do odd things like drip liquids. You almost have to build your machinery around the static entropic generators when you find them. I also need a better energy plan than "everything on the same heavi-watt" because that doesn't really scale well. I should also use automation at some point; this is an automation-free base.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 18, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Speedball posted:

Thanks guys.

I've found at least one use for the automation update so far. Switches to turn pumps on and off without the dupe needing to go far, or, indeed, even needing to get his feet wet. (I'm draining one pool into another). Maybe if I get the liquid sensors set up I can have it so that the pool switch gets hit whenever the target pool runs dry.

Liquid Chlorine? How cold do you have to get it to get that? Huh!

The crude oil refiner says it makes petroleum and natural gas, but I don't see a natural gas output, does it just spew into the air with no pipe the way gas generators spew polluted water?
You can more than likely use bridge tricks if you are trying to top off an existing pool or funnel overspill into something else: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/79iw6l/3_useful_tricks_with_bridges/#bottom-comments

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Speedball posted:

Huh. I've never dug this deep before. They have creatures that breathe in CO2 and excrete oil? Nice.

Too bad my experimentation with the petroleum machines underestimated how drat messy they are. The plastic press emits steam *and* leaks hot water everywhere? Yeesh. It didn't say that in the description! Gonna have to build my plastic factory over a mesh tile with a gutter or something to keep everyone from getting wet.

These are the messiest machines I've ever dealt with in a video game. I love it and hate it at the same time.
before you try this, be aware they produce MASSIVE amounts of heat and will quickly overheat themselves unless you plan for it, liquid is a good heat transfer medium so I have them in a shallow pool to transfer heat away, and the pool is refilled by their steam and by the ice biome melting above.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I've found the germs a complete non-entity, personally. If you keep on top of polluted oxygen, make everyone wash their hands after peeing, make sure to wall off any slime tiles (with air gap if you don't feel like disinfection) and feed back recycled water into the hot geyser pool (or don't recycle at all) you'll never have a gem problem.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's kind of a disadvantage to games like this, once you "figure it out" there isn't really anything left. It's why a lot of games have natural disasters or something semi-dynamic that you need to manage.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That seems completely excessive to me, the biggest thing is to make sure your dupes don't hang out breathing the polluted oxygen for multiple days at a time. They don't immediately get sick. You can watch the immunity numbers go down and just prevent the weak ones from going back in until they recover. Though, I don't know how this works with the new job system, I haven't played since they implemented that (I guess maybe only one or two people can dig? That's annoying.)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Dancer posted:

Hey folks, so I like my EA games to be in a state that, even if not fully feature complete, could feasibly be a release candidate if they decided overnight to stop working on it. Not because they might do that, but simply because I may not feel like coming back to them when they're done, and I might have only had a less-than-optimal experience this way. This game looks interesting so far. How many... rough/missing edges does it have right now?
Did you ever play prison architect in early access? It's like that. the core is there, and they're building outward by adding new mechanics and things at the end of the tech tree.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The problem with that setup is that gas really just doesn't cool very fast, even with hydrogen. The anti-entropy device can cool way faster than any gas can transfer heat into it. And the stupid device doesn't work when immersed in water, so that's still the best way. It's just not very good.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Sanzuo posted:

How the hell do I make enough food for my colony? The food machines work so so slowly that it takes 1 dupe per machine working constantly and it still doesn't keep up with calories needs.
Unless things have changed in the last patch, the answer is "more meal lice plants" and don't bother to loaf them, just make people eat meal lice and soothe their crankiness with more artwork.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
TBH I think they drink too much water for the value they provide, I don't even build them anymore.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Conserving temps is just fine as long as you use insulated pipes, there isn't a ton of heat transfer out the device itself.

I was able to manage the electrolyzer's 40c output with nothing but wheezeworts, and since showers are optional that kept my base habitable temp. I stuck my plastic presses in the cold biome next to the nullifier and my natural gas stuff in a box with insulated sides facing my base so the heat bleeds out in the other direction. Worked for me, but I haven't played since tubular.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
vaccum works great as insulation, you can also gradually build a 3 layer thick wall and then deconstruct the inner block and it works since liquids and gas don't flow diagonally. Though it's pretty time consuming and insulated tiles are good enough there's no reason to bother (with the exception of heavi-watt plates, do this because it's metal and conducts like woah)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, one outhouse and wash basin with a door (for the mood bonus) is the way to go. Just know that you'll want to expand it to the 16 wide max size room someday so don't build behind it. I like doing it on the far edge of where I know I'm planning to build (into the granite/abyssalite, basically) so I can eventually have one washroom on either side of my base.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Either dump it into your steam geyser water tank and let the heat kill the germs or just don't filter your water and instead dump the polluted water directly into your fertilizer makers / plants that take polluted water.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The most likely culprit for heat is that your electrolysers put out oxygen at 40c.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I just scoured the map for every single wheezewort I could find, but you're gonna need 3 of them per electrolyzer and someone upthread said they reduced the number of them on the map, again. I don't think there are any good solutions currently. Heat is a persistent pervasive problem and the best you can do is put it off for a few hundred cycles until you consider your base "done". Hydrogen heat transfer rooms sort of work OK enough for air but not water right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Alkydere posted:

That makes sense if they're going to make inhospitable environments more inhospitable. Make it harder to keep dupes in such areas and such.
Building anything far away from base is already a nightmare and that would just make it worse. It'd be hard to justify building dozens of tiles of machinery.