Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Is there a good way to transport clean ice to your reservoir and turn it to water? I jammed it all in a storage bin, but it's not melting. I was hoping it would act like gas and leak out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

I basically have a "transformer room" directly above the power generators that is sequestered off to one side or the other, then I feed out of those transformers into various circuits. I have in the past done a "ladder system" with two tile floors and the transformers oriented vertically. This only works if you put the room on the left side of your base and it takes up a ton of space.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone messed around with doors to keep dupes locked in a specific section of the map, so that only they do a particular task? Maybe have a common dining room where food is kept, with the doors locked against certain dupes leaving through them; might cut down on the problem of someone running all the way across the map, mining out a single space, then running back to do something else.

Priorities are your friend. I think if you bump up the priority on the fridge that dupes will sooner bring food to it than other tasks. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works with containers, so it's likely to be the same with fridges and the like. This also works with coal generators when you want them to be filled before other tasks.