Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Lex
80s Luger
Narcissist
Lex Express
Heel but Still Sting's Bud
SUPER BABYFACE '97
THE TOTAL PACKAGE
View Results

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It's fun to count the number of people celebrating with Lex after that title win who ended up in one of the NWOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HE'S GONNA RACK HOGAN!!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BrigadierSensible posted:

Another good thing about Lex is that, as far as I remember, he was a proto-Kevin Nash.

Insomuch as he didn't really care about 'the business' and negotiated good deals for himself on pay and schedule etc. Deals that showed the other wrestlers what they could ask for, and deals on things like time off etc. that eventually became standard.

Lex usually seemed to put more effort in than Nash. He just had a way better nose for the bottom line than most of his peers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Was there a part of that gimmick where he advertised a Lex Luger Diet because I feel like that just writes itself

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's too bad he broke his arm in that bike crash, otherwise he could have saved the WBF.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Lex Luger was bad, but he always made the Torture Rack look awesome.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The only other wrestler with a comparable career to Lex would be Maria Kanellis.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Lex Luger was great in the 80s. He was basically a lesser Barry Windham.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Twisted Eye posted:

My mom always wanted to watch wrestling for that dreamboat luger!!! Made more sense when he got older and I realized that he facially looks just like my uncle. K that's my luger story

This story reveals some weird poo poo in your family.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

Who's the bad wrestler voted into the WON Hall over Roman, Seth Rollins?

HHH

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Late 80's Luger is back when he still has to try because he hasn't quite hit the big time and is not in early 90's WWF where trying wasn't part of the product. The 88-89 PPVs with Luger in them are like "Wait, what the gently caress? Luger actually trying? And is good?"

I frankly don't think there is any other Luger stuff worth watching.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dont even fink about it posted:

Fink again.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

when i was a young boy i remember crying when lex slammed yokozuna on the aircraft carrier and avenged pearl harbor.

everyone thought crush was going to do it. i was rooting for tatanka.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

GB888 posted:

Lex Luger was bad, but he always made the Torture Rack look awesome.

in his later days, I thought it looked bad more often than not - it's supposed to be a backbreaker rack but he often had it looking like guys were submitting because he was driving his head into their stomach

He did always seem to give more of a poo poo in NWA/WCW though, I'll give him that.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my favorite lex moment is from that leaked video before a big wcw show where he's sharing all his coke with the road warriors and i forget who else was in the room with him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

my favorite lex moment is from that leaked video before a big wcw show where he's sharing all his coke with the road warriors and i forget who else was in the room with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsIWMnwLn48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1i3SJZ5aKM

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat that is a great find, i haven't seen those in forever

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
My main takeaway of late period Lex Luger was that when he formed a tag team with Ric Flair they called it TEAM PACKAGE, because it was a union of Ric "Team" Flair and the Total Package I guess?

Also Ric Flair just incoherently yelling IT'S TEAM PACKAGE, TEAM PACKAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO and elbow dropping clothing while feuding with Natural Born Thrillaz.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
My first wrestle memory was the Yoko bodyslam, but yeah when I was a mark teen WCW Lex was an immediate channel switch to up north. I was firmly in the Lex Sucks camp. I definitely appreciate his segments more now, and especially the The Total Package run for some great yet subtle (for WCW) comedy.

The torture rack however was always the coolest and I am kinda glad nobody has really reclaimed it. It was my go-to wrestling horseplay maneuver when I was being a dumb kid with my buds

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I always rather irrationally loved Luger's mid-late 90's buttrock WCW theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elf59v2ldsY

Still jamworthy :rock:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I always rather irrationally loved Luger's mid-late 90's buttrock WCW theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elf59v2ldsY

Still jamworthy :rock:

Dude that is Musou as gently caress. I love it.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

holy poo poo i can feel the cocaine flowing out of my screen

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Joey McChrist posted:

holy poo poo i can feel the cocaine flowing out of my screen

While Paul Ellering just sits in the back reading Alaska Magazine.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

RZApublican posted:

While Paul Ellering just sits in the back reading Alaska Magazine.

in a pair of pink coochie cutters and cowboy boots no less

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There are 3 things I liked Lex doing and that's about it

-Camping out in front of the arena to ensure he got a world title shot
-Doing the whole "being a heel behind Sting's back while Sting vouches for him" thing
-His US title match with Brian Pillman

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

this needs its own loving thread holy fshit

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they've been posted before already

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

dont even fink about it posted:

Late 80's Luger is back when he still has to try because he hasn't quite hit the big time and is not in early 90's WWF where trying wasn't part of the product. The 88-89 PPVs with Luger in them are like "Wait, what the gently caress? Luger actually trying? And is good?"

Luger was routinely the best part of lovely 95/96 Nitro

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

they've been posted before already

But they never had their own thread.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Alain Post posted:

Luger was routinely the best part of lovely 95/96 Nitro

even post-motorbike accident he seemed to put more effort in at WCW

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lex overcoming the nWo and beating Hogan for the belt on Nitro and everyone coming out and partying with him, that's one of the best nitro moments.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i was listening to jim cornette while lifting weights like ryback yesterday and one thing i learned is that lex had a 4.0 gpa

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Someone else pointed it out but OSW Review's spotlight on Lex's over-selling is hilarious.

"AH! OW! OOH!"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lex overcoming the nWo and beating Hogan for the belt on Nitro and everyone coming out and partying with him, that's one of the best nitro moments.

His 1996 series with the Giant is great and him finally beating him is one of the high points of the classic nWo period.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blaise330 posted:

It's fun to count the number of people celebrating with Lex after that title win who ended up in one of the NWOs.

Including Lex Luger!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
lex luger looks like the crypt keeper IRL so he could probably make a killing on the lucrative haunted house circuit if he wanted to which is pretty cool if you really stop and think about it.

he also served hard time in cobb county georgia for beating his wife or doing a lot of drugs or something. i bet some of the prisoners knew the big boss man so he probably made a bunch of friends fairly easily.

Sugar Blaster fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 2, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Someone else pointed it out but OSW Review's spotlight on Lex's over-selling is hilarious.

"AH! OW! OOH!"

Which one was it?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

lex luger looks like the crypt keeper IRL so he could probably make a killing on the lucrative haunted house circuit if he wanted to which is pretty cool if you really stop and think about it.

he also served hard time in cobb county georgia for beating his wife or doing a lot of drugs or something. i bet some of the prisoners knew the big boss man so he probably made a bunch of friends fairly easily.

He beat Elizabeth but according to wikipedia it was for violating probation after all the drugs they found in his house when she ODd. He got kicked off a plane for being hosed up.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Which one was it?

Any of their dungeon of doom story arc they recently did. They do a recap of it on their golden nogger awards show which came out last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lex was the ugliest wrestler, facially speaking.

• Locked thread