Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh I guess this is actually happening

It seems like the game is going to revolve around you staging some kind of orc civil war, but I REALLY hope you get to leave Mordor this time. The trailer seemed to show a lot of stuff outside Mordor so it'd be weird if that wasn't the case.

This sounds cool. When I saw the trailer I was kinda expecting it to be an RTS with a nemesis system put in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Middle-earth: Shadow of War™ Gameplay Revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNsqeB5ClAQ&t=44s

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im thinking of mount and blade with the nemesis system applied to every character and unit

Peddle2thaMetal
Apr 17, 2012

ooooooooo yeaaaahhh
The 1st one was fun and good, nemesis system is cool. End game you become too powerful, and some more/newer enemies would have been good. After killing my longtime rival there wasn't much challenge left. Last boss was lame... pretty much all the things everyone has mentioned. Looking forward to the new one and will likely get it (on sale).

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

trying to jack off posted:

im thinking of mount and blade with the nemesis system applied to every character and unit

count grainwad becomes your nemesis bc you dont feel like trekking across two warring kingdoms to shake down his peasants for taxes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It comes out way sooner than I expected- August 22.

Also they showed off the super expensive edition of the game and revealed the bulk of the overworld map:

Looks like a lot more environment variety this time, thankfully.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ill probably play and like this one too but count me in with wanting the nemesis system in just about any other setting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wnt it in a freelancer style space game. also i want a freelancer style space game that doesnt suck

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if ny gbs lurker mentions star citizen i will cut them down where they stand

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

if ny gbs lurker mentions star citizen i will cut them down where they stand

But one already did

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

But one already did

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 28, 2017

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

But one already did

:bustem:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

But one already did

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

But one already did

rack em

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Here's hoping Dush is in the sequel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWRu6SGK8g

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
They named the Life-Drinking Warchief the Warchief Douche

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

doughvakiin posted:

They named the Life-Drinking Warchief the Warchief Douche

:hai:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9D7RTPI7yM

The video is really heavily scripted but hopefully the actual game lives up to the hype.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 8, 2017

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Looks sick, and they managed to live up to everything they promised before the first game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll buy it. I loved the first one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I really want to be able to lead a small army of orcs against an enemy army, Mount & Blade style. I hope the faction battles aren't all just you and four guys vs. whatever captain and his four guys, or something...

I'm glad this came true, and also that orcs seem to build up their strength, attributes, history etc on their own without having to kill the player, which was something I hated in the first game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I reinstalled this last weekend, maybe give it a go sometime. I'm gonna try to ignore the side poo poo since I think that's what killed it for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Part of me wants to replay Shadow of Mordor before the sequel launches but there's just too many games to play as it is... oh well.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

My gut tells me that Shadow of War will probably be more fun if you haven't played the first one recently. It's definitely not gonna be the kind of game where they expect you to have played it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll buy it on sale

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
It looks like they're using Arkham's combat style again. I dug that butb I hope they evolve it like Arkham series did

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm not too crazy about how the player seems to be one-hit cinematic killing all those enemies at the end, seems kind of stale... other than that, the expanded Nemesis and fortress stuff seems great, and I like that there's actual different armor/weapons this time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm not too crazy about how the player seems to be one-hit cinematic killing all those enemies at the end, seems kind of stale... other than that, the expanded Nemesis and fortress stuff seems great, and I like that there's actual different armor/weapons this time.

There's no way the game actually works like that, the whole thing was scripted to look cool

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

hi they were using a debug mode that let them use the instant kill from combos. that's why it said "execution" on the screen the whole time

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Seems to be aids

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Seems to be aids

don't sign your posts

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Funko Pop Hunters's photo.
Funko Pop Hunters
Community · 65,072 likes

edit: whoops wrong copy paste

drat this game looks good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Funko Pop Hunters's photo.
Funko Pop Hunters
Community · 65,072 likes

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nuooohhhh my god

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've never seen a life-size Funko pop before.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
Was the first one any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

• Locked thread