Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Is the eventual downfall of America due to Trump and the Republican party actually good? I think it might be, America is a poo poo country filled wiht fat morons who would rightfully starve to death if they had to actually work to survive. I'm glad of it :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we kind of half-assed actually ending slavery and then built nearly all our wealth based on that fact

home of the free

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't know man, I mean, who really is Paul Blart

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
america is a massive country and many of the people in it are pretty swell, hardworking, and not fat

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

america is a massive country and many of the people in it are pretty swell, hardworking, and not fat

There are 3 lies in this sentence.

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Yes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
srsly no out of all areas of the world except maybe Canada America prob has one of the best prospects for the future

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Typo posted:

srsly no out of all areas of the world except maybe Canada America prob has one of the best prospects for the future

Actually America is doomed and poo poo and will receive its just rewards soon praise Jesus

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Is the eventual downfall of America due to Trump and the Republican party actually good? I think it might be, America is a poo poo country filled wiht fat morons who would rightfully starve to death if they had to actually work to survive. I'm glad of it :coolfish:

So what you are saying is that there are not enough bootstamps in America

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Typo posted:

yeah its pretty sweet. like, we got two oceans, a relatively chillaxed politics (2x countries instead of the 100x or so we would have if we were europe of middle east)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fullhouse posted:

we kind of half-assed actually ending slavery and then built nearly all our wealth based on that fact

home of the free
also we elected reagan which signed the country's death warrant

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I just want ant is to stop starting wars abroad and to give all US citizens universal healthcare and a living wage age and also to build a Moon colony and maybe colonize the asteroid belt as well

Is that too much to ask

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
If we cut defense spending in half we could have all the fun goodies I want like "universal healthcare" and "cool spaceships" while still having the largest military in the world

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Big Fat Iguana posted:

If we cut privatized military-industrial complex spending in half we could have all the fun goodies I want like "universal healthcare" and "cool spaceships" while still having the largest military in the world
but dat inbred solidarity tho, their kleptocratic model has failed and will fail in the face of more pragmatic corporatists like those in east asia

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I just want ant is to stop starting wars abroad and to give all US citizens universal healthcare and a living wage age and also to build a Moon colony and maybe colonize the asteroid belt as well

Is that too much to ask
the answer to this is directly proportional to the genetic deformities caused by inbreeding possessed by whoever you're asking

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i have this feeling that if someone actually somehow successfully campaigned against military spending and were elected, they would immediately switch on inauguration day, doesnt matter who they were, theyd be like 'actually the MIC owns and we need more of it'

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Zas posted:

i have this feeling that if someone actually somehow successfully campaigned against military spending and were elected, they would immediately switch on inauguration day, doesnt matter who they were, theyd be like 'actually the MIC owns and we need more of it'

no one will ever successfully campaign against military spending, they'd be painted as openly despising the military and only republican candidates can get away with that

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Yeah America's still way better than most of the world like, have you ever been to south america or europe? Terrible.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

also we elected reagan which signed the country's death warrant

i say publicly that i admire reagan, but, much like my love of w, it's entirely ironic

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i say publicly that i admire reagan, but, much like my love of w, it's entirely ironic

you love wang because its high in iron ? :confused:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

All empires fall.

Look at the Roman Empire.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

WMain00 posted:

All empires fall.

Just looking at the years where Rome was an empire, that gives us a solid 270 years or so left, so I'm sleeping fine. If you include the time where Rome was an imperial power, add another 300 years.

edit: Imperator Trump has a nice ring to it

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Noun Verber posted:

Yeah America's still way better than most of the world like, have you ever been to south america or europe? Terrible.

Actually America is objectively worse than most/all of those places.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Noun Verber posted:

paging Sweden to the thread, Sweden to the thread

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Actually America is objectively worse than most/all of those places.

are you sure that you're using the word 'objectively' correctly?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Chokes McGee posted:

paging Sweden to the thread, Sweden to the thread

you mean the place where you buy terrible furniture and then some somali in a truck with a dshk mounted on the back runs you over? pass.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

The Brown Menace posted:

you mean the place where you buy terrible furniture and then some somali in a truck with a dshk mounted on the back runs you over? pass.

but if being gang raped is your thing, well, Sweden is a literal paradise

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

gobbagool posted:

yes but what if I am a child

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gobbagool posted:

Just looking at the years where Rome was an empire, that gives us a solid 270 years or so left, so I'm sleeping fine. If you include the time where Rome was an imperial power, add another 300 years.

edit: Imperator Trump has a nice ring to it

Trump is more like the Grachi.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

WMain00 posted:

All empires fall.

the roman empire never died it just turned into the catholic church

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Sound posted:

yes but what if I am a child

depends, how do you feel about Star Trek?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes! The Gracchus brothers, Tiberius and Gaius, were Romans who both served as tribunes in the late 2nd century BC. They attempted to pass land reform legislation that would redistribute the major aristocratic landholdings among the urban poor and veterans, in addition to other reform measures. After achieving some early success, both were assassinated by enemies of these reforms.

I can see it now, Trump redistributing Hillary's billions along with Bezos', Zuck's and so on

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

gobbagool posted:

well sign me the gently caress up!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
It's actually extremely good, op

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Americans do have to work to survive because Bill Clinton destroyed our safety net, OP.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Crowsbeak posted:

nah Bernie is Grachi Trump is much more like caesar

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
McCain/Pence/Paul Ryan are basically sulla

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bring on the nukes, bring on the nukes.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zas posted:

military poo poo is one of the us biggest industries and its distributed all over america. every single politician and pundit would right for your throat if you proposed something like that because america is a poo poo country

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
America is a toilet land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i totally get that, my point was more like, even if there was the political will to do something about it, it wouldn't get done

• Locked thread