Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
This is a good thread. I have nothing to contribute other than to say that my dad used to play Residents records around the house when I was younger, so they've built up an almost larger-than-life status in my mind. Truth be told I find the mythos to be more intriguing than the music itself but when it's all said and done, they're one of the very few acts out there that will be able to say they did it their way, 100%. You have to respect the hell out of that, though I fear we may never get a definitive history from any of the members when it's over.

So is the prominent theory that Google supplies me w/r/t their identities (Homer Flynn, et all) generally accepted as truth? It's kind of fun to think of them now as a bunch of old farts dicking around with recordings for 50 some odd years but it also wouldn't surprise me if I found out that they rotated in other musicians as needed. Theoretically they could keep the act going forever that way.

edit: Should have read the wiki first but like you said, it's hard to get a good grasp on what's legitimate and what's not

NiceGuy fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
That was a fascinating read, thanks for that.

• Locked thread