Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.space.com/35844-elon-musk-spacex-announcement-today.html

quote:

SpaceX will fly two private citizens on a passenger flight around the moon in 2018 using a Dragon 2 spacecraft and the massive new Falcon Heavy rocket, the company's founder Elon Musk announced today (Feb. 27).

The two private citizens — who have not been named — approached SpaceX about the trip, according to a statement from the company. The individuals will be the only crew members on board what is expected to be about a week-long trip around the moon, according to the company's founder and CEO Elon Musk, who spoke with reporters during a phone conference today. The names of the two individuals will be announced later pending the result of initial health and fitness tests, the statement said.

The moon flight is scheduled to take place after SpaceX plans to fly NASA astronauts to the International Space Station as part of the Commercial Crew Program.

haha get hosed poors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
thanks OP!! ill check out drudge report!

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm confident they will survive and not die in the infinite cold of space

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

thanks OP!! ill check out drudge report!

Are you an AI? How did you reply so fast

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
wish they flew op to the moon and left his dessicated carcass draped in a funny way over a derelict lunar landar

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Are you an AI? How did you reply so fast

gently caress you

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Wouldn't it be just as exciting and way less expensive to just play russian roulette? Maybe you could do it with rockets or something.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

dad gay. so what posted:

gently caress you

Classic Gay Dad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Elon Musk is gonna land on the moon and kick over our flag

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo I mean you can make claims that aren't gonna come true if you think the world is gonna end. That ain't even enough time for NASA to do pressurization tests. :rip:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

space is fake news

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
How cool would it be if you were a rich guy on the moon to just point a telescope at any city in view and watch those poors wallowing away in poo poo and seawater :roflolmao:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Musk is probably the only cool billionaire. Dude is like a Bond villain with his electric cars and hypertrains and space programs.

Meanwhile Jobs built a big yacht. Big fuckin' woop lmao. Died from juice like a bitch.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

there gonna die

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Musk has a space station in orbit but we can't see it because it has a radar jamming system. He's gonna drop containers of poison down on earth killing everyone then repopulate it with his super humans.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Musk has a space station in orbit but we can't see it because it has a radar jamming system. He's gonna drop containers of poison down on earth killing everyone then repopulate it with his super humans.

well i guess if they are super that's ok

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Uh, we only orbit the moon when we gently caress up the landing on the moon part. Apollo 13 much? Boo this boring poo poo.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pathetic little tramp posted:

Uh, we only orbit the moon when we gently caress up the landing on the moon part. Apollo 13 much? Boo this boring poo poo.

the moon doesnt even exist , nerd. its a hollywood soundstage. get your facts straight beford you make a BIGGER fool of yourself noob

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

send in the spacommandos

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

gently caress you

YEAH! GET HIM! EVERYONE GET THE NERD!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

Musk is probably the only cool billionaire. Dude is like a Bond villain with his electric cars and hypertrains and space programs.

Meanwhile Jobs built a big yacht. Big fuckin' woop lmao. Died from juice like a bitch.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parallax Scroll posted:

well i guess if they are super that's ok

Yeah they're gonna have sex with they're mothers and make regressive rat people that go around on the moon monorail and gloat their genetic deficiencies that have no relevance to the current gene swarm as superpowers. Oh look a tail on an extremely stupid and aggressive humanoid, it's the messiah that will rule all mankind. :deadmau5:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'd build a barge

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

dad gay. so what posted:

gently caress you

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Terrific Accident posted:

I'm confident they will survive and not die in the infinite cold of space

I mean, it's not infinite. There are pinpoints of all-incinerating heat here and there.

But yeah, my money's still on death.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
where's their rocket

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
what's the point? these people must be paying a shitload of money.

YonKnave
Jun 23, 2010
i hope they die tbh

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Cosmonauts went to space after a lifelong effort to become babysitters of some spoiled clowns. Sad.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

YonKnave posted:

i hope they die tbh

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

decent rocket

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I call shotgun on the next trip

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
That loving oval office

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I guess I'll wait to see who the two passengers are. If they are anybody other than billionaires I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fallows posted:

I call shotgun on the next trip

You can't bring guns into outer space

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

what if aliens show up? they would have nothing to shoot them with

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

says who lol, the space police?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope they'll either abort the mission bc of a problem, or they will die. if they loving orbit the moon i might die. elon musk sucks

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You can't bring nukes, looks like orbital bombardment with conventional warheads would be ok.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Elob Minsk should strap himself to a rocket and / or give me a car

• Locked thread