Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guess i missed you guys. discord's been dead for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pc envy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone up for some psn rounds?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cool. :cheers:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psn xrd tonight?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kongming posted:

I'll play. Just say something in Discord and I'll make a room.

Cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ggs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

are they changing his masochism meter? I've never seen anyone in a tourney ever use it

some of his moves might charge it now. i can't remember the notes from like 2 months ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dogura!

Anyone wanna play?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok ill check discord later. Ggs buff and jack bro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Idk who I'm gonna play yet. There's a lot of cool looking characters

ill probably start with akuma until i feel like i know wtf is happening and then try miguel or something idk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kongming posted:

Would anyone like to play some Rev or any fighting game tonight really. Discord has been hosed up all day. I also bought that Chaos Code game.

sorry i missed this yesterday. i got chaos code too but haven't gotten into it yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Do the switch neo geo games not have online then? Local only?

They are arcade emulators. Waku waku doesnt even have playable bosses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kula is my anchor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nitro plus blasters is 8 bucks on psn today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Can anyone recommend a ps4 fightpad that also has analog sticks? I bought mortal Kombat xl because my brain has been infected by the Thundercat song

Do you need the stick to play the game with or just to do menu stuff/ui navigation?

The best low cost pads (hori fc4) dont have sticks but you can toggle the dpad to be either stick when needed

Otherwise i think you are stuck with the madkatz sfv pad which has sticks but it costs more and doesnt get as good reviews from people that have it. Also they went outta business so they might start to be hard to find.

Mkxl probably plays really well on the ds4 you already have though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

It does play well, but it feels like a blister is forming. I was thinking a fight pad would have a less abrasive dpad? And I just want sticks since I only have one ds4 and would like the 2nd pad to be playable on other multiplayer games

I gave up on pad even with the hori because i would get blisters on top of blisters and couldnt play for days. Bad form or just too much force i guess but stick saved me a lot of pain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing psn xrd in room gqan
Come join

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New Under night is coming to ps4/vita/ps3 on 7/20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kongming posted:

Hell, I just bought the DLC character pack.

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My only regret is not starting it up again at 1:35

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

P-Mack posted:

So why is SFV infected? Is it just dlc bullshit or are there other strains of fail involved?

Technical problems make playing online lovely (huge load times, unfair one-sided rollback netcode that has one players game running smooth and the others unplayable, input lag, stats being broken, rage quitting)

Gameplay problems making the game boring (theres like one good combo per character, buttons feel bad with short range/low damage, everyone moves very slowly, zoning isnt viable except for guile)

Presentation and content problems making it bad value (ugly characters, clipping issues, no arcade mode, terrible survival mode, 30 dollar season passes, etc.)

Patch to fix some of the technical issues got delayed to next month too so rip since theres a new fighter out like every month until fall.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The whole match is just waiting for vtrigger so you can do the longer version of your one combo

^^^
Chun still has good normals and can stomp

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 26, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We should see what the lag is like via shareplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Answer idles with a voiced phone conversation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ps4 :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dromal phrenia posted:

if i get it my strategy will be to play as Slayer so when I inevitably lose I just look bored instead of beat up :grin:

This is me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hizke posted:

oh. I am gaming on ps4. enjoy your time at the King of Iron Fist Tournement pc gamers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I need that game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I bought Blazblue: Central Fiction for PS4 because it's on sale for 16 bucks. If anybody wants to try it out tonight I'll be online

I own it but never did more than story mode. I'll play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont doxx me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A shenmue clone where you play as sin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its the same basic game just nobody has it installed any more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“FactsAreUseless”" post="“477090991”"]
This is super helpful. I’m trying to do Faust’s combo with the spear, pull back, and then three aerial hits, and it’s a ton of directional inputs super fast. I can usually hit them all, but not fast enough to keep the combo up. Same issue with doing a kill move or an overdrive or ultimate or whatever they’re called. Putting in two hadokens that fast is still beyond me. But I have no fighting game muscle memory at all.

I guess I should practice some simpler combos. I went through the tutorial, but I forget all the stuff I can do when I actually do the arcade mode. I never remember to flawless defense or do the special shield block or roman cancel or anything.
[/quote]

It took me 2 years to go from hopeless to plain bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

None of my friends will face my naoto...if only i could force people to learn and play this game with me...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“FactsAreUseless”" post="“477121892”"]
Okay, I thought Faust’s sweep tracked the enemy’s position to pop up under them. But I’ll keep that in mind. One of the things I like about GG is that button combos seem pretty standardized across characters, letting you focus more on strategy and learning the character than just muscle memory.

My big goal right now is to start incorporating all the stuff that uses your super meter more. I haven’t gotten the hang of roman cancels and those special blocks yet. Also there’s some sort of counter or interrupt attack that uses a partial bar? I should double-check the tutorial.
[/quote]

If you hold two buttons to faultless block but dont hold back you blitz shield. In rev, Charging it gives you a counter attack

If you are in block stun and tap forward with the same buttons you dead angle attack. Its like an alpha counter sorta thing. Its very important which is why i always forget about it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Is SF2 on switch worth it?

Its cool but too expensive and all the controllers kinda blow for doing the moves. Its also way slower than st. On sale or used, sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

extremebuff posted:

lmao

he juggled me the whole time. i kept pressing up to get up quickly and defend but there was no window, getting launched is death, ive just gotta learn to defend against them

Its safer to get up mashing 1 than any stick direction iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

absolutely anything posted:

i like to use paul, and do the big punch

This

• Locked thread