Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

does GG run ok on lovely PCs? I know every frame is precious for fightmans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kongming posted:

You can turn the settings way down. You do want it to run at constant 60 fps though, if you get any frame drops at all it can desync you with your opponent.

Thanks, I have no prob playing PC games in a 640x480 window with 256 color VGA graphics.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A stick is too noisy for me but if anyone's got a decent pad recommendation I'd love to hear it. I'm using an x-box controller that is pretty clearly not ideal.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Mechanical Keyboard baby

that will definitely keep the noise down, but maybe I should instead go with a third party USB adapter for the donkey konga bongos

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

So why is SFV infected? Is it just dlc bullshit or are there other strains of fail involved?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

so no goomba stomps, is what I'm getting here...sucks

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Still nothing confirmed on pc pricing, upgrade discount, dlc etc? I want to dive in to the world of insane anime fightmans but don't want to screw myself if it's going to be significantly cheaper to hold out until June

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArfJason posted:

I got spoiled turns out sol badguy is the titular guilty gear, why even play now...

the bad guy is guilty... hosed up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

[mario voice]thats-a so nice

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tekken will probably have a noob population for a while whereas I expect GG will be insane from day one

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

PC

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Fite of Spring

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I notice they abbreviated Smash 4 as "Wii U" as if no other games exist on the platform.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think one needs meter but I'm not sure which

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

USF2 is epic and surprisingly I would say that using the joycons in Controller configuration is probably the best... The Pro controller D-Pad's up is insanely sensitive. I was actually liking the joycon because the analog stick is tiny and short so it worked alright as a joystick. 40 Dollars seems kind of expensive for it but whatever... Had fun for 5 hours with it.

how are the new characters

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Twitch chat won't shut up about the JP names

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think so, unless you want optional dlc chars. It's very weirdly worded. That's the one I'm getting when I get home.

Can't waste money on dlc in the middle of the most epic month of fighting game releases.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I hope i get dizzy and kum but ill be fine either way

see you in the promised land of june 2017

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

the ongoing confluence of fightmans and wrestlemans is extremely good

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

SeXReX posted:

if you missed puyotet you missed some real magic, this kid Amemiyataiyo who is apparently still in high school in Japan just wiped the floor with everyone
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpikyJazzyHornetUncleNox

after destroying the bracket they had him play some 1v3s, watch player 2
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyVivaciousRamenOptimizePrime

that I spin was some next level poo poo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Enter the Imp Zone Invitational, it's a great excuse to practice fighting games with imps. The idea that you're "in training" helps you care less about losing repeatedly.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Faust's standing slash is a really good long range poke, just press that if you don't know what else to do.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A lot of deals on steam this week. Most importantly Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel is 60% off.

There's also a sale on SFV but why do that instead of waiting for the arcade edition update that will surely address how the game is broken on a fundamental level

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

If you're playing the game and not being a bitch about it yeah

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

wheres puyo puyo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lol Nappa just keeps his tail wrapped around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU