Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It's the one with tekken in the title. We don't need 3 threads about FGs that's one thread for every poster who plays them

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In case anybody wasn't convinced that SFV is a grandiose early access style scam of epic proportions, Capcom announced today that they rewrote the online functionality from the ground up with incredible new features like "a friend list", "matchmaking", "stat tracking" a "rage quit penalty system" and "reduced load times". Release date of Soon but PC version gets access to a public beta next week for a testing phase of indeterminate length

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im only interested in the way better DBZ game and tekken 7

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i pray to all the gaming gods that MVCI flops tremendously instead of what i know will happen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think they showed equipment with +punch damage and crap like that. love stat altering loot in my fightmans

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thisll be the first time in ages i just straight up buy a fighting game at full price

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

People aren't even spending the effort to trash MVCI I think nobody bought the game.

i pray it does very poorly while DBZ sweeps the nation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been practicing tek7 a lot and doing treasure battles, every now and then theres a superspeed match that just fucks me over but ive been having a lot of fun learning katarina. there are so many cool characters in this game idk who else to learn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Just pick one to learn "Tekken" and then start learning other ones if you have to.

tekken tag 2 had great tutorials and ive got a lot of the core things down still, just slowly learning peoples movesets and reacting to lows.

the story in this is great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whats a good pc gamepad to pick up for this? the dpad on the 360 controller is a joke and the buttons on this are starting to stick lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

If you wanna use a pad there's the Hori Commander something something six button controllers that are cheaper than a DS4 and good for FGs I think. Or get a Saturn controller

thanks!

Wormskull posted:

A Dualshock 4.

ive tried this and it was a pain getting it to work, maybe it was the 3 actually but i dont really like the PS controllers much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ended up getting a hori. also gently caress boss kazumi jesus christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

running into a King with the full fur outfit in treasure battle is the most disturbing experience ive had in a video game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Here's my King.

lmao nice.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got completely thrashed in my first online match by a bryan who took off 80% of my life in one combo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Actually you learn Tekken by throwing haymakers into your dry wall whenever they do bullshit kicks to you while knocked down.

lmao

he juggled me the whole time. i kept pressing up to get up quickly and defend but there was no window, getting launched is death, ive just gotta learn to defend against them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

safest way is to stand up and press the power button on the front of your ps4

lmao

i guess ill watch some tutorials tonight while i wait for the new gamepad. the B and A buttons on this 360 pad are mushy and dont always work and im going to blame my loss on that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

didnt know aris had a series on this stuff, thanks worm. ill be watching these all night probably lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wearing old man reading glasses carefully studying the ins and outs of tekken and how to respond correctly to every move and then yobgoblin panic mashing in a real match

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thanks all for the guides & advice. yeah i immediately noticed with katarina that you just need some bread and butter key moves and can forget about everything else, when i looked up a Pro Katarina vid i was completely right lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PDc20Jezg&t=303s watch this bit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

going through aris vids is the best thing ive ever done. hes talking travel tips for japan and goes "theres a LOT of homeless people. well theres homeless people everywhere. But in japan, these homeless guys look like if some poo poo goes down, they will kick everyone's rear end. They will just pull out big rear end swords"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkxZrMNX3qM

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

who wants to fight. i got some hours to kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GGs IT. theres too many cool characters in this, im gonna learn the lady with chainsaw wrists that can remove her explosive head next.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

GGs. I should actually learn a gameplan for Lili instead of just fishing for hopkick and using - jabstrings

sometimes thats all it takes

side note the netcode in this is a small miracle lol its seriously impressive, we may as well have been next to eachother

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1PQye_kpzQ this track is loving sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like the dubstep stuff but this is the best thing theyve ever done with tekken music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_T6Bf9RriI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat alisa is a lot more complicated than a character that just hits 4 a lot lol theres so many options to keep in mind

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

feel pretty solid about my alisa, i need more practice with some of her more complicated inputs tho. its easy to gently caress up little things like triple forward vs double

learning raven next, she seems to be all about mix ups and feints and has a cool rear end fighting style

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is so cool and its crazy theres little things like this that 99% of players will never see

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/14/sfv-arcade-edition-extra-battle-mode-details-and-changes-in-earning-fight-money

CHANGE IN WAYS TO EARN FIGHT MONEY

Beginning January 16, modes that offered one-time finite batches of Fight Money will no longer do so. This includes Character Stories, the General Story (A Shadow Falls), Trials, Survival, and Demonstrations – if you haven’t completed these modes yet, there’s still a few weeks left to do so before the changes occur in January!

gently caress SFV. i mean thats not a new sentiment but this is profoundly scummy even for capcom.

capcom is amazing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it looks so loving awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive got to practice this game more e: tekken 7 i meant

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010