Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Go on then, how much fun are you having here?

leave the misses and quit my job fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Seminal Flu posted:

How are you doing?

Im doing pretty good. Handling my own mental issues with some pretty kick rear end therapy

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

The Locator posted:

I'm not sure what that thing has to do with having an HOA, but I'm pretty sure that much like the people that show up for HOA meetings because they are either busybodies or mad about something, the people who would sign up for and use this app are probably the same sort of people, who I want nothing to do with.

Yeah basically this. If I had an HOA, the board would be filled with the type of people on NextDoor.

fjelltorsk posted:

Im doing pretty good. Handling my own mental issues with some pretty kick rear end therapy

:unsmith:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

$800/year in emissions tax

What kind of fuckery is this?!?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:argh: The house I posted sold already.

House hunting is frustrating. Lots of patience and nothing and looking and nothing and then suddenly a good deal gets posted and its sold within 24-48 hours.

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 31, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

House hunting is frustrating. Lots of patience and nothing nothing nothing and then suddenly a good deal gets posted and its sold within 24-48 hours.

Move in anyway.

SQUATTERS' RIGHTS!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SquirrelGrip posted:

leave the misses and quit my job fun

Sweeeeeeet. Hoping to get over there in the next year or so. Probably not to do much drifting 'cos I can't but I'm definitely renting out an AE86 for some mountain driving.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

keykey posted:

What kind of fuckery is this?!?

The penalty for 8.9L/100km rated fuel mileage.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm seriously considering selling my car, because it costs $800/year in emissions tax and $1,250/year for insurance, plus 10L/100km is no fun when gas is 11DKK/litre ($6/gallon). With 20,000km/year, that's ~$2,850/year in gas alone. Of course the comfort and torque is nice, but it certainly does come at a cost.

I was considering getting a Panda again, but your post is sort of putting me off that idea. I noticed that mine would pick up a little bit of road dirt in front of the rear wheels, but I didn't know about the front chassis member thing.

Currently, I'm thinking about a Peugeot 206 SW with the 1.4 (or 1.6, I guess).

I'll take pictures later, some por15 will probably make it a non-issue though.

Having owned a 206SW I'll tell you the 1.4 petrol is dog slow. The 2.0hdi was fantastic. If it hadn't started suffering random electrical gremlins I'd still have it for certain.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Just get an RC, the only 206 ever worth considering.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cage posted:

House hunting is frustrating. Lots of patience and nothing and looking and nothing and then suddenly a good deal gets posted and its sold within 24-48 hours.

That's exactly why I ended up in a new build, in an HOA instead of finding the 'perfect' house somewhere outside of an HOA. It was simply impossible for someone working full-time and financing to be able to buy a house when people were jumping on everything with cash in hand and bidding over asking price. This was back in 2005 when the prices of houses here were going up sometimes several thousand dollars in a single week.

This is also why I'm now still upside down in my house, as when the crash came, this area crashed really hard (fell to 20% or less of the top, and about 35% of what I bought at). Luckily the prices are recovering and I'm probably only a couple years away from being in a position to actually be able to sell and move if I decide I want to.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Sweeeeeeet. Hoping to get over there in the next year or so. Probably not to do much drifting 'cos I can't but I'm definitely renting out an AE86 for some mountain driving.

i can't either but I have another 5/6 days to go play on tracks and get comfortable going sideways. if you aren't getting a car try and do the drift school in their car if you want to learn, or get rides on each track in the taxi if you want to get scared of what's possible in a 4 door uber camry

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

SATURN IS A loving GO-GO

(loving finally)
(mostly anyway... I'll finish putting the interior back together tomorrow, I'm loving DONE with this godawful piece of poo poo for tonight)

I never, ever want to do that job again. It doesn't help that the internet is full of "oh you don't have to remove the steering column, just unbolt it and let it hang and work the pedal out around it. NO, loving REMOVE THE COLUMN, I WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE HOURS AGO HAD I DONE THAT TO BEGIN WITH.

Now I just have to re-learn how to use a loving clutch. The slip point has been "through the firewall" for so long that I'm having a lot of trouble driving it - and i'm going to guess that the clutch is pretty close to well done based on where the slip point is now. Seems like I got the steering wheel pretty well centered too, it seemed dead on when I took it down the road and back.

Never... again... if I have to do this job again, it will involve a bonfire.

e: remember the pic I posted earlier showing the ball socket on the replacement pedal?

This is the original:

I don't think there's supposed to be a hole there.

No, what should be there is a cast in piece of metal to reinforce that spot. Any decent mechanical engineer would know that spot will fatigue, but they were probably overruled by the bean counters. I'll have to ask my brother in law about his Cobalt's clutch.

Regarding the Nextdoor app, I joined up just for the neighborhood for sale and wanted notices. Also good for lost pets. I have seen very little bitching about neighbors on ours. Been handy for road closures and construction that's been happening lately.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Darchangel posted:

Any decent mechanical engineer [...] were probably overruled by the bean counters.

I see you're new to this whole GM thing?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I see you're new to this whole GM thing?

It's much more a Chrysler thing.

Don't get me wrong, it happens at GM just like anywhere else, but engineers do have some say at GM.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cage posted:

Is it sold or just under offer? If you make a good offer you just might gazump them

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

No, what should be there is a cast in piece of metal to reinforce that spot. Any decent mechanical engineer would know that spot will fatigue, but they were probably overruled by the bean counters. I'll have to ask my brother in law about his Cobalt's clutch.

I don't know if the Cobalt and G5 suffer from this issue nearly as much - they use a different part number, and a quick google didn't really turn up any results for the same issue.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

fridge corn posted:

Is it sold or just under offer? If you make a good offer you just might gazump them
My realtor said they accepted a bid. It was a nice house and reasonable price but I wouldn't want to pay much more than asking.

What happened with your offer?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cage posted:

My realtor said they accepted a bid. It was priced low for the area and condition.

What happened with your offer?

It's moving along although slowly. We've got our official mortgage offer but I'm struggling at the minute getting builders to show up to give me quotes or even return my calls

Though I rang this dude yesterday who answered the phone immediately but told me he couldnt help me cuz he was in a real sticky situation and he couldn't even think straight and he sounded like he had been crying 😬

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Contractors have been in a lovely situation lately. A family friend had to sell his remodeling business after 20 years because he got too few real jobs in the last two years to be able to even cover the cost of his warehouse, let alone his staff

I'm bartending a wedding tomorrow night, but I just found out that the bride and groom can't afford to actually pay me. It's worked out that I get to keep all of the leftover booze and any tips I get. I'd like legal tender, but I can always take more alcohol, I guess

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

The Door Frame posted:

I'm bartending a wedding tomorrow night, but I just found out that the bride and groom can't afford to actually pay me. It's worked out that I get to keep all of the leftover booze and any tips I get. I'd like legal tender, but I can always take more alcohol, I guess
Girlfriend and I did this on short-notice for a friend of hers and we had a ball! Same thing, didn't get a paycheck but got to take home two cases of beer and made like a hundred bucks in tips, and the groom's family didn't even drink!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Yeah, I agreed to do it for my sister-in-law's cousin as a favor and never talked to anyone in the wedding personally, but it was implied that I'd be paid. I can't complain too much, it should be fun either way

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

fjelltorsk posted:

Glad to hear man :)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've barely made any progress in therapy since it's about once a month (this school is huge and busy and the counseling office is a bit undersized) but the meds have got me feeling pretty good baseline lately. Now if I could just motivate myself to do work while I'm already swimming in serotonin...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Enourmo posted:

Now if I could just motivate myself to do work while I'm already swimming in serotonin...

That's a whole different drug called intrinsic motivation.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Went to the NEC Classic & Restoration show with my dad today, nice day out. They had a section of "barn find" stuff people had got hold of but not started restoring yet, including this:

Wish I could find one of those hiding at the back of an old workshop!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

This is the original:

I don't think there's supposed to be a hole there.
Some Land Rovers do this to the clutch actuation lever at the gearbox end.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Just get an RC, the only 206 ever worth considering.
All 206s are awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
That's it for March, go to the April thread!

• Locked thread