Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Dennis is the best friend any guy could have, would gladly lift weights/work out with him and always let him win any pose-downs we might have :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

On rewatch, one of the many many small details I loved is that his karate Facebook pics have "0 likes" and "0 comments".

On rewatch it also struck me how brilliant the casting for "Muslim Terry O'Quinn" and "Muslim Cool Rick" was.

Also on rewatch the most insanely sad thing is the suicide scene with "Double Great". Man that slayed me.

Oh man, that's great. I totally forgot about Karate Dennis. I'd so, so love if they actually made some social media accounts for him as a promotional tool for season 2.

Yeah, they were great and the end result of their storyline just piles on to the tragedy that goes along with the comedy of this brilliant show.

I like to think that since they didn't show him actually die, that he failed in his suicide attempt like he failed at so much other stuff in his life. Like maybe he tied a lovely knot, or used too long of a rope, something, anything

Anyway, I'm still baffled as to how this show hasn't blown up more in cult and critical popularity.

I also just watched a great new movie with a similar dark and violent comedy vibe like Patriot. Free Fire is the name of it, I think anyone who loved this series would also love this.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Dennis McClaren posted:

One of my favorite shows of all time, absolutely brilliant.

Can anyone confirm that a Season 2 is actually green-lighted for production? There seems to be a lot of speculation and rumors that it has, but I can't find anywhere that states Amazon is making it happen.

My favorite character turned out to be Dennis upon second viewing of Season 1. I didn't fully appreciate how authentic and invested his character was until I watched him again.

My favorite scene of his after the "long walk" up to John sitting in the pipe in Ep.8-
Dennis- "Hey. Just wanted to give you an update about my life. You ever stay in a kind of, lovely hotel that has the TV and its chained to the wall? Well, that's where I live now. And I look at it, and I think - even if I could get the TV off the chain, I couldn't steal it because, I have nowhere to take it because, I have no home now."

oh and of course,

Leslie - "ARE YOU PREPARED?"

I've said it before, but for Dennis it's worth repeating - He's the best, and best friend any dude could have. Would lift weights/workout/purposely lose post-workout posedowns with him anytime

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

I think it's also meant to be implied that Cool Rick and Your Mom still have an "on again off again" sort of deal going because there's never any mention of Ephraim having a stepdad or anything, and from what we see Cool Rick and Your Mom still talk on the phone like constantly.

e: We know he's been a Congressman since Ephraim was born, so when he met Your Mom in DC, he was already set up in Texas, so it may have been a thing where she didn't want to marry him and move to Texas

Your Mom and Ephraim were also shown in scenes at the family home with Dad while Cool Rick was overseas, so it seems extra silly for the parental/relationship subterfuge. I have a feeling that Dad is the reason why Cool Rick isn't married to Your Mom yet, whether it's Dad wanting him to remain publicly single and childless for political purposes, or Your Mom not wanting to marry til Cool Rick starts acting like a true adult and stops letting Dad dictate his life for him.

• Locked thread