Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:siren:Games are played via Text on Fantasy Grounds:siren:

LOCAL ADVENTURER LEAGUE RECRUITING, NATION DIVIDED RAMPS UP FOR WAR!

ARE YOU A BRAVE WARRIOR FROM FOREIGN LANDS
A WELL LEARNED MAGE WITH SOMETHIGN TO PROVE?!
OUT OF WORK, WITH A DESPERATE NEED FOR CASH?
HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO MESS WITH LIFE EXPECTANCY
MODELS FOR YOUR RACE? Then do we have the job for you!

Local Adventurer League has tons of work but no-one to take them
Travel to new and interesting places, raid archeological landmines,
and slay new and increasingly varying manner of beasts!

The Local Flavor

http://imgur.com/a/dzKbB

Durangel, is a nation that consists of many different races and species working together, to try and make a kingdom that creates everlasting peace. The main here consists almost entirely of trade through Port cities and fisherman villages. Dwarves in the Ironstike mountains are constantly pumping out materials and crafts, that Durangel then distributes through out their nation. It is the most mapped out continent, though many opportunities to advance have been stymied by Orcish Raiders, or local beasts. The Northern Forest Lorien, is a Hazard Area, meaning all Citizens are warned of it's passing. No-one has heard from the city of Lauriat, for nearly a year now. The Capital, Veritas, rests comfortably behind the gates of Saturn, and does most of it's work through trade caravan's and emissaries. With the recent rise in Dark Magics, and the loss of the city of Joomahn, they have started to outsource their issues to the local adventurers Guild. Every few years, a Dragon will suddenly appear in the Ironstrike Mountains, that needs handling.

Due to recent improvements in Subnautic Magics, it is faster, and more efficient to send Cargo by boats, even if the path is less direct.

The Leader of Durangel, is Mahn Dur, a strong and wise Goliath.

Duraman would be little more then a piece of rock, if not for an ongoing experiment to use magic to Terraform the entirely Barren continent. Successes are slow going, but Mahn Dur's Great Grandfather had first funded the project, and the Kingdom has succeeded greatly from the isolated sorcerer community. Small patches of life land, and the first produce has started to be sent to the capital this year. Most of the island is declared a Hazard zone, due to a large undead community, that has been trying to staunch the Terraforming efforts.

The largest continent, Dursata is largely unexplored, it is known as the uncivilized land, and very few expeditions make it back. The only mapt hat exists of it gives rough ideas of biomes, and a few places of interest the cartographer had heard from local Tribal men. The only port that is known has been declared a Hazard zone, due to the numerous raider ships that come from the area, and the fact that the king pays a large amount of money for ransoms. Many nobleman hire expeditions into Dursata, but it is assumed to be a fools Errand.

FAQ

What level do we start at?

Everyone will start at level 1, if more then 5 adventurers get to level 6, new characters start at level 5

Gold / Magic Items?

You start with the appropriate equipment for your class. No magic items, instead we are using the inherent bonus rules listed DMG2, p. 138. That's not to mean you won't get magic items, but they will be special things, appropriate to the area, if not necessarily to your character. You're expected to trade them around, and try to get the things you like. There will be merchants who have more traditional magic weapons, at any time you can give me a shopping list (or add / subtract from it,) so I know what you want to show up in local merchants.

How do I get a game together?

The 2nd post has "Time slots" and "Missions" that I'm willing to run a game, you will then say "I want to do X mission, on Y day, at Z time." XP Values are based on completing the mission on the contract, contract lawyering is ok as long as everyone is having fun. XP Values are also a good idea for how hard that mission is expected to be.

If nothing strikes your interest, simply ask for a new contract, and I'll put more missions up on the Job Board. * denotes how many 4 hour sessions, I'm estimating the mission will take. Please keep that in mind.

Are themes / backgrounds allowed

Yes

Any free feats?
Improved defenses, and Expertise feats are free.

Also I have a discord: https://discord.gg/VnYqWA3

Character Limits?

You can have as many characters as you want, just make sure you're only playing 1 at a time.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Job Board

-Rats Exploding in the Streets, Send Help! - (Hard!) 1,500xp
-3 of my wagons have gone missing please investigate - 1,250xp for team, 40 gp per person
-Sailors needed for Cargo Ship - 2,250 40gp per person (Hazard Pay Approved)
-Rescue of Scouts needed from local orc encampment., DO NOT ENGAGE. - 3,750 20gp per person per scout saved
-Alchemist Needs Killin' - 1,000xp (Level 2+ Adventurer's Only) 60gp per person

Time Slots
(No games on Saturdays, Friday availability changes week to week)
(All times in PST -0800)

Post your characters below, and a brief blurb about who they are roleplay wise, this will make it easier for you all to know whose playing and team up with each other.

After a Game, throw a post in the AAR for either 25gp, or 1d4 inspiration die! If you don't know what that means, do not worry.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812169 After Action Reports go here for either 25gp, or a d4 inspiration die :O

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 10, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't normally play D&D, but this seems like an interesting way to set up a game. I'll see if I can get involved.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
So just to be sure, there are no inherent feats or any of that for this? Just a level 1 character? Expect a Gnoll Ranger here at some point.

Gnrgnyn aka "Benny", Gnoll Scout

"You can't stop me, I'm a gods-damned dog!"
Now available in PDF form!

quote:

12 STR/14 CON/20 DEX/8 INT/12 WIS/10 CHA
32 HP/16 Bloodied/8 Surge Value/9 Surges per day
18 AC/14 FORT/17 REF/12 WILL

At-Will: Dual Weapon Attack
Encounter: Ferocious Charge, Power Strike, Takedown Strike
Utility: Aspect of the Charging Ram, Aspect of the Pack Wolf
Wilderness Knacks: Ambush Expertise, Wilderness Tracker

Feats: Claw Fighter, Light Blade Expertise, Improved Defenses
Trained Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Nature, Perception, Stealth
Languages: Abyssal, Common
Background: Auspicious Birth
Theme: Mercenary

Skill Check Bonuses: Acrobatics +9, Arcana -1, Athletics +5, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History -1, Insight +1, Intimidate +2, Nature +6, Perception +8, Religion -1, Stealth +9, Streetwise +0, Thievery +4

Most Gnolls are vicious, bloodthirsty savages who rely entirely upon instinct and generally do whatever they want. Benny (his birth name is too much hassle for most people to pronounce) is no exception to this, but understands the value of coin and a roof over his head. Loyal to whomever hires him and anyone he travels with, Benny believes in teamwork and the survival of the entire pack, and will go out of his way for them. Looks like a vicious pit bull, is actually an adorable German Shepherd that can still tear something's throat out and eat it.
-----------------

I can do 3/1, 3/3, 3/8 and 3/10 at 3-7 or 7-11. I can also do 7-11 any day of the week except Sunday.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 1, 2017

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Sign me up for 3/7, either slot.
I vote either Exorcism House or Alchemy Thieves.

Celestaire, Eladrin Rogue/Warlock Hybrid

Str 8 Dex 18
Con 12 Wis 12
Int 12 Cha 16

HP: 24 AC: 16
Fort: 11 Reflex: 15 Will 15

At Will: Eyebite, Sly Flourish
Encounter: Witchflame, Fey Step
Daily: Trick Strike

Feats: Ritual Caster

Trained In:
Thievery, Stealth, Acrobatics, Athletics, Dungeoneering, and Arcana

A friendly, good-aligned relic hunter looking to partner with like-minded treasure seekers. Specifically seeking any information on Artifacts which may have come from within the forests of Lorien. Cats ok, meow. Dogs ok, woof.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013
(Need to find image.)

Lucretius, Vryloka Barbarian|Sorcerer

A brash, self-centered young man who became an explorer to test out his skills. Looks vaguely similar to some of the island's undead, and pointing out this fact is the easiest way to annoy him.

Niel fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 2, 2017

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I've never heard of West Marches and haven't played 4e in a few years and but what the hell, I'll throw my hat in. I'll mull over my books and see what I can come up with. Maybe a Genasi Warlord?

As for my preferred play time, pretty much any day is good but as an east coaster I'd rather the earlier timeslots. Maybe a spreadsheet of everyone's availability would make it easier to get a group together?

EDIT: And here he is!

Captain Sardis Strumbart

Strumbart is a name known in most of Durangel's harbor districts, attached to a wide variety of legends, rumors and tall tales (most spread by Strumbart himself). He earned his reputation sailing the seas aboard Nimbus, a small but swift ship which he unfortunately lost in a bet with a rival. Not one to dwell on misfortune however, Strumbart set out to earn enough gold to buy back his vessel and return to the life on the sea.

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 2, 2017

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are Themes and Backgrounds allowed?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Havhal, Runepriest
A giant protodwarf discovered frozen in stasis by archeologists. Wields ancient rune magic and prays to dormant deities. Seeking a new life in this strange world.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 2, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Since I'm not a very experienced D&D player compared to GURPS, I used a character builder for this. Let me know if everything looks good.

Evalia

A street-smart half-elf known for her striking good looks and towering height. Charming, stylish, and always willing to engage in some fun breaking & entering.

quote:

Female Half-Elf Hexblade (Warlock)
Level 1
Good (Chaotic)

Strength 8 (-1)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Dexterity 11 (+0)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 170 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red Wavy
Maximum Hit Points: 24

Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 6
Surges / Day: 7 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Initiative: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 -1 = -1 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [charisma]

Armor Class: 13 = 10 + 2 [intelligence] + 1 [Cloth +1]
Fortitude Defense: 12 = 10 + 1 [hexblade] + 1 [constitution]
Reflex Defense: 12 = 10 + 2 [intelligence]
Will Defense: 15 = 10 + 1 [hexblade] + 4 [charisma]

Armor: Cloth +1
Shield: None

Attacks
Unarmed Melee: -1 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4-1 [strength penalty]
Starshadow Blade / Resplendent Blade: +7 vs AC [+4 charisma attack] [+3 proficiency];
Scimitar: +1 vs AC [-1 strength attack] [+2 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d8-1 [strength penalty] 4 lb (Heavy blade) High crit
Eldritch Blast +4i [base charisma attack] vs reflex
Viper's Strike -1w [base strength attack] vs AC
Wield the Warp +4i [base charisma attack] vs fortitude
Hellfire Blast +4i [base charisma attack] vs reflex
w Weapon-based power. Apply adjustments for proficiency, situation, feats, magic, etc.
i Implement-usable power. Apply a bonus as appropriate for magic, any implement expertises, etc.

Base Saving throw: d20 vs 10

Normal Load: 80 lb
Heavy Load: 160 lb
Maximum Drag Load: 400 lb

Languages: Common; Elven

Rituals Known:

Skills
Acrobatics: +0 = 0 [dexterity]
Arcana: +2 = 2 [intelligence]
Athletics: -1 = -1 [strength]
Bluff: +9 = 4 [charisma] +5 [class training]
Diplomacy: +6 = 4 [charisma] + 2 [half-elf]
Dungeoneering: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Endurance: +1 = 1 [constitution]
Heal: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
History: +2 = 2 [intelligence]
Insight: +3 = 1 [wisdom] + 2 [half-elf]
Intimidate: +9 = 4 [charisma] +5 [class training]
Nature: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Perception: +1 = 1 [wisdom]
Religion: +2 = 2 [intelligence]
Stealth: +5 = 0 [dexterity] +5 [class training]
Streetwise: +4 = 4 [charisma]
Thievery: +5 = 0 [dexterity] +5 [class training]

Feats
Weapon Focus -- Light Blade
Improved Defense
Light Blade Expertise

At-Will
Melee Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]-1 [strength penalty] [standard action]
Ranged Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W] [standard action]
Bull Rush: -1 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Grab: -1 [base strength attack] vs reflex [standard action]
Move grabbed target: -1 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Escape: +0 [acrobatics] vs reflex / -1 [athletics] vs fortitude [move action]
Eldritch Bolt [Level 1][usable as ranged basic attack]
Dire Fate [Level 1][usable as basic melee attack]

Encounter Powers
Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Viper's Strike [Half-Elf]
Wield the Warp [Level 1]
Gaze into Nothing [Level 7][immediate reaction]

Daily Powers
Hellfire Blast [Level 1]
Summon Warlock's Ally [Level 9]
Master of Magic [Level 22 Utility][minor action]
Greater Summon Warlock's Ally [Level 25]

Half-Elf
+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
+2 Diplomacy, +2 Insight
Dilettante -- at-will power from another class as encounter power
Dual Heritage (may use feats etc. for humans or elves)
Group Diplomacy (allies within 5 squares get +1 on diplomacy)
Knack for Success [HoFK] (in place of dilettante power, once per encounter, you or an ally in burst 5 can make a saving throw, shirt 2 squares as a free action, or get +2 to next attack / +4 on next skill check before end of his/her next turn.)

Hexblade
Level 1: Eldritch Bolt, Pact Reward, Pact Boon, Pact Weapon
Level 4: Lesser Planar Ally (locating, exploring)
Level 17: Superior Warlock's Ally (summoned creature gets +3 on damage)
Level 22: Master of Magic (self or ally, teleport, heal, insubstantial)

Star Pact
Level 1: Pact reward: add intelligence modifier to warlock damage
Level 1: Pact boon: Dire Fate
Level 1: Pact weapon: Starshadow Blade; proficiency 2, damage 1d10
Level 1: Pact at-will attack: Resplendent Blade
Level 1: Pact encounter attack: Wield the Warp
Level 5: Add 2+intelligence modifier to warlock damage
Level 7: Pact weapon retribution: Gaze into Nothing
Level 9: Summon warlock's ally: Thought Phantom Lackey
Level 15: Add 4+intelligence modifier to warlock damage
Level 25: Add 6+intelligence modifier to warlock damage
Level 25: Summon greater warlock's ally: Way Walker

Equipment
Weapons / Armor / Shield (47 lb)
Backpack (2 lb)
Bedroll (5 lb)
Crowbar (5 lb)
Flask (2 lb)
Flint and steel
Ink vial
Ink pen
Mirror (1 lb)
Belt pouch (1 lb)
Rations (1 day) x10 (10 lb)
Rope (50', hempen) (10 lb)
Sunrods x2 (2 lb)
Waterskin (4 lb)
Thieves' tools (1 lb)
47 lb total

Magic items
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Armor:
Shield:
Arms:
Feet:
Hands:
Head:
Neck:
Ring:
Ring:
Waist:

Resistances:
Action Point Tally:

Daily Item Powers Per Day: Heroic Tier Milestones: / / /

Death Saving Throw Failures:

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 2, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Are Themes and Backgrounds allowed?

Yes.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone, due to popular demand, expertise and improved defenses feats are free at level 1.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also now by popular demand, the time slot section is now a spreadsheet! Exciting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1deXLYPAl27B7dDY95f8O3SvOd5TtdaQPszwpB6fz3ak/edit?usp=sharing

Uh Wow, that's a lot of people already, I'm loving stoked, DND 24/7

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 2, 2017

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Image will come.

Behold Thugra, mighty Half-Orc Paladin! Having grown up in a human township, she was told in a thousand judging stares and a million harsh words that she would never amount to anything, that she would never amount to anything, that the best she could hope for was learning a simple trade, or perhaps finding work as a bouncer for the local tavern.

She would not have it.

She perfected her natural warrior talents under the local constabulary, and for a while was a patrolwoman and guardian of the peace. But that was not enough; she was still nothing but a brute in the eyes of the township, and she needed to show them up even more. So she visisted churches and temples, and studied the sacred texts of a dozen different gods. She overcame the hardships and tests designed to weed out the unfaithful or those not strong enough to survive the rigors of paladin life; and sure enough, eventually she heard the call of the gods, and marched out of the township, a recognized Paladin with her faithful implement, a perfect disc of white marble.

...with no holy symbol on it. She doesn't know which divinity has chosen her, exactly. Her patron has not chosen to reveal their identity directly. "It does not matter." says Thugra. "If they have chosen me, it must be because they want me to do what they believe I can do. So I will do that."

So here she goes, a rough but honest holy warrior ready to embark in epic quests to vanquish evil and protect the innocents...or, lacking those, in search of a job that pays decently for her talents. She's not use to her god if she starves.

Here is her sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9SV44Pojzksy1qf7KYfU7IsB50cSHy8wbywVZMgGHo/edit?usp=sharing

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Wicke, GnomeCat Mage

Once the familiar of a student who got kicked out of the academy after failing too many classes, this classy and sassy cat picked up a few spells before then and now hungers for knowledge. Also, fish. Acts much like you'd expect a supernatural, intelligent cat would, though is at least more empathetic then your average feline. To some extent, anyways.

Level 3 Cat mage sheet here!

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 4, 2017

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Kosyan the Dwarven Fighter.

Typical dwarven hitter-man. Doesn't like things that hit other things, and spends his life hitting things on behalf of those who can't hit back.

quote:

Kosyan, level 1
Dwarf, Fighter
Build: Guardian Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Dwarf Subrace: Shield Dwarf
Select option: Shield Dwarf Weapon Proficiency

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 15, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 17 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
HP: 30 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +7, Endurance +7, Athletics +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, History, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion, Stealth -2, Streetwise -1, Thievery -2

FEATS
Feat User Choice: Axe Expertise
Feat User Choice: Improved Defenses
Level 1: Forceful Opportunist

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
Fighter at-will 1: Footwork Lure
Fighter encounter 1: Hack and Hew
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Battleaxe, Heavy Shield

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 2, 2017

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Post on behalf of friend who's joining.

Diirge the half-elf revenant Hunter.

Character blurb: Dirge was called back from the dead in service of the Raven Queen. In his past life, he was an excellent hunter and tracker, but his real passion was singing. Unfortunately, the raspy voice of his undead body was unsuited for the lilting melodies he used to sing, so he settled for singing dirges for his enemies.
If there was one thing that death could not take away from Dirge, it's his unbounded optimism and his propensity to help others. The Hunter is always ready to lend a hand to a comrade in need.

quote:

Diirge
level 1
Revenant, Hunter
Archery Style: Crossbow Hunter
Ranger Wilderness Knacks: Ambush Expertise
Ranger Wilderness Knacks: Watchful Rest
Level 8 Wilderness Knack: Beast Empathy
Choose your Race in Life: Half-Elf
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 13.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 14
HP: 30 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +8, Athletics +5, Heal +8, Perception +8, Stealth +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana -1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +3, History -1, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Nature +3, Religion -1, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4

FEATS
Added Feat: Imrpoved Defenses
Level 1: Master of Stories

POWERS
Hunter aspect of the wild 1: Aspect of the Pack Wolf
Hunter aspect of the wild 1: Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

ITEMS
Crossbow, Leather Armor

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still iffy on Fantasy Grounds v Roll20, so we're going to do Fantasy Grounds for a bit, and if there are overwhelming complaints, we'll go back to Roll20.

For right now though, we're using Fantasy grounds, the keywords are: zany fang firm zone There is no password.

You can hook up now, and get your stuff made ahead of time if you want.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Urik "TokTok the Beastmaster" the Dwarf Protector Druid

Urik fumes in his trailer/barn. He's already finished his customary tankard, but didn't feel a bit better so he breaks out the hard stuff, the "technically poison" stuff. He drunkenly throws a slab of meat at Boris, "That dirty barker thinks he can short me 10! 'dancing bear doesn't draw the crowds it used to' HIS FACE WILL DRAW A CROWD AFTER I'M DONE WITH IT! No. No Raja. No. You're right. We're not going to jail again. Pinchy will die without us. No. No, I'll take this show on the road. He thinks I can't make it on my own! But we'll show him, we'll show everyone. TokTok will be the most famous Beastmaster to ever be!"

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/8069

Protector Druid with Fey Beast Tamer, Tome Expertise, and Shaman multiclass so I'm running around with 2-4 dudes who all grant combat advantage to allies.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Torvald, the Eladrin Illusionist

Character Blurb: Torvald was a student at the Arcane Academy of the Illusory arts. The problem with academic rivalries in a school of illusion is that if someone really wants you humiliated or expelled, it's not difficult for them to fake something if they really try. Every single person in there is a there to become a professional liar. So when someone swapped Torvald's homework with a heavily plagarized piece of work, there was nothing he could do. They expelled him, and so he decided to become an adventurer instead.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Relraf Greypit, Dwarven Artificer
A slim (for a dwarf), quiet and above all young dwarf, Relraf grew up in the Ironstrike Mountains. With a talent for mechanics and a penchant for arcane workings, Relraf quickly gained a reputation as a smart, capable, if a little odd, youngster. Inducted into a religious order of priests who worship something called 'the fire inside the mountain', Relraf has come upon a tradition of the priests, in which they venture forth from the mountain, seeking greater truths about the world around them. Such a process is frought with danger, and often ends with the dwarf never returning. But such it is. And so, Relraf packed up his belongings, and left his mountain home, seeking either fortune, contentment or death, whichever comes first..

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

I'm still iffy on Fantasy Grounds v Roll20, so we're going to do Fantasy Grounds for a bit, and if there are overwhelming complaints, we'll go back to Roll20.

For right now though, we're using Fantasy grounds, the keywords are: zany fang firm zone There is no password.

You can hook up now, and get your stuff made ahead of time if you want.

I've never even heard of Fantasy Grounds. Is it mandatory that we buy a $40 application on Steam?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

chitoryu12 posted:

I've never even heard of Fantasy Grounds. Is it mandatory that we buy a $40 application on Steam?
As I understand it, you only need the demo to join.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All right I'm gonna need some kind of guide for how to join because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Audimich
Dec 4, 2016
Lilah the Tiefling Cleric

The tall and silent type that would sell you to her Goddess for a corn chip.
Has been moving from place to place for as long as she can remember, not one to make many friends she finds comfort in Avandras guidance and protection.

Female Tiefling Cleric
Level 1
Good (Neutral)

Strength 10(+0)
Constitution 11(+0)
Dexterity 12(+1)
Intelligence 15(+2)
Wisdom 14(+2)
Charisma 18(+4)

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 180 lb
Skin: Pale Pink
Eyes: Red
Hair: Pink Short Wavy
Maximum Hit Points: 23

Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Surges / Day: 7

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Initiative:1d20 +1 = + 1 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack:1d20 +0 = + 0 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack:1d20 +1 = + 1 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack:1d20 +0 = + 0 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack:1d20 +2 = + 2 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack:1d20 +2 = + 2 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack:1d20 +4 = + 4 [charisma]

Armor Class:15= 10 + 2 [intelligence] + 3 [Leather +1]
Fortitude Defense:10= 10
Reflex Defense:12= 10 + 2 [intelligence]
Will Defense:18= 10 + 2 [cleric] + 2 [superior will] + 4 [charisma]

Armor: Leather +1 (15 lb)
Shield: None

Attacks
Unarmed Melee: +0 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4
Crossbow: +3 vs AC [+1 dexterity attack] [+2 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d8+1 [dexterity bonus] range 15/30 4 lb (Crossbow) Load minor
Priest's Shield +0w [base strength attack] vs AC
Astral Seal +4i [base wisdom attack + 2] vs reflex
Cause Fear +2i [base wisdom attack] vs will
Avenging Flame +0w [base strength attack] vs AC
Base Saving throw: d20 vs 10

Normal Load: 100 lb
Heavy Load: 200lb
Maximum Drag Load: 500 lb

Languages: Common

Rituals Known:
Gentle Repose [Level 1]

Skills
Acrobatics:+1 = 1 [dexterity]
Arcana:+2 = 2 [intelligence]
Athletics:+0 = 0 [strength]
Bluff:+6 = 4 [charisma] + 2 [Tiefling]
Diplomacy:+9 = 4 [charisma] +5 [class training]
Dungeoneering:+2 = 2 [wisdom]
Endurance:+0 = 0 [constitution]
Heal:+7 = 2 [wisdom] +5 [class training]
History:+2 = 2 [intelligence]
Insight:+7 = 2 [wisdom] +5 [class training]
Intimidate:+4 = 4 [charisma]
Nature:+2 = 2 [wisdom]
Perception:+2 = 2 [wisdom]
Religion:+7 = 2 [intelligence] +5 [class training]
Stealth:+3 = 1 [dexterity] + 2 [Tiefling]
Streetwise:+4 = 4 [charisma]
Thievery:+1 = 1 [dexterity]

Feats
Superior Will : +2/+4/+6 and save vs dazed/stunned at start of turn even if save does not normally end effect

At-Will
Melee Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W] [standard action]
Ranged Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+1 [dexterity bonus] [standard action]
Bull Rush: +0 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Grab: +0 [base strength attack] vs reflex [standard action]
Move grabbed target: +0 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Escape: +1 [acrobatics] vs reflex / +0 [athletics] vs fortitude [move action]
Priest's Shield [Level 1]
Astral Seal [DP; Level 1]

Encounter Powers
Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Infernal Wrath [Tiefling][minor action]
Channel Divinity
Divine Fortune [free action]
Healer's Mercy [DP]
Healing Word [minor action, 2x/encounter, maximum 1x/round]
Cause Fear [Level 1]

Daily Powers
Avenging Flame [Level 1]

Tiefling
+2 Charisma, +2 Constitution or Intelligence (already included; you chose Intelligence.)
+2 Bluff, +2 Stealth
Bloodhunt (+1 on attack rolls vs. bloodied foes)
Fire Resistance (resist fire 5 + half your level)
Infernal Wrath

Cleric
Channel Divinity -- Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity -- Healer's Mercy ("Divine Power"; replaces Turn Undead)
Healer's Lore (add your wisdom bonus to healing granted by a power) [see online revision]
Healing Word (target spends healing surge and gains an additional1d6 at level 1)
Ritual Casting [bonus feat, not listed above]

Equipment

19 lb Crossbow
2 lb Crossbow bolts (quiver of 20) x1
2 lb Backpack
5 lb Bedroll
Flint and steel

1 lb Pouch (belt) x1
10 lb Rations (1 day) x10
10 lb Rope (50', hempen) x1
2 lb Sunrods x2
4 lb Waterskins x1
3 lb Ritual book x1
Ritual components
Total : 58 lb

Magic items
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Weapon:
Armor:
Shield:
Arms:
Feet:
Hands:
Head:
Neck:
Ring:
Ring:
Waist:

Resistances:
Action Point Tally:

Daily Item Powers Per Day: Heroic Tier Milestones: / / /

Death Saving Throw Failures:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ksiv, Kapak Draconian Ardent

The Kapak tribes are the bane of the denizens of the borderlands and the one Ksiv was born into was no different. One day the tribe chose the wrong target for a raid, though. A holy order had learned of their coming and sent support to the village. The tribe was slaughtered and the holy men pursued the fleeing draconians to their camp. They killed the fighters, but their leader ordered the non-comabtants - a young Ksiv among them - spared and taken with them. The order, dedicated to Erathis tired to reeducate the survivors and reform them into upstanding members of civilization. In many cases they failed, but with Ksiv they succeeded. Not only did he become a devout worshipper of Erathis, but his fighting talent and psionic ability were honed by the order. Ksiv went even as far as swearing a blood oath to root out evil and enemies of civilization as he felt the urge to go out on his own. While he tries hard to project himself as a stalwart defender of civilization, he can feel the resentment his appearance creates in others and fights to keep the urges of his draconic nature in check.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

It's a free program located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php

You just download it and run it.

We can help you get set up in Discord. If you don't like it though, please feel free to share your mind on it, as I'm still wobbling whether or not to use it. I'm liking the power linking, and being able to upload my powers, encounters, and items ahead of time, but there's a bit of a learning curve.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

It's a free program located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php

You just download it and run it.

We can help you get set up in Discord. If you don't like it though, please feel free to share your mind on it, as I'm still wobbling whether or not to use it. I'm liking the power linking, and being able to upload my powers, encounters, and items ahead of time, but there's a bit of a learning curve.

All right, thanks. I'm going to have a little less than an hour when I get home to set everything.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Turtlicious posted:

I'm liking the power linking, and being able to upload my powers, encounters, and items ahead of time, but there's a bit of a learning curve.
As someone who's using it for the first time the mere fact you got your powers pre-made like they are puts it way ahead of Roll20 and its macros.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, we've got a team together.

Evalia / Exorcism | Lilah / Exorcism | Strumbart / Cargo Ship | Wicke / Exorcism

Ghost Buster Team on Deck in 20 minutes -> an hour depending on how long it takes people to show up.

If you're interested in signing up, sign ups are until the game starts.

Good Luck Everyone! Please don't die.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Sh00mb-0, Warforged Swordmage
Sh00mb-0 is something of an oddity. Created centuries ago as a guardian for a long line of adventurers, Sh00mb-0 was a pretty standard construct: no free will, just doing as commanded. That all changed when the last of their lieges died, with no heir to grant Sh00mb-0 too. The spell of servitude binding Sh00mb-0 was broken, granting them free will... and a newfound lack of purpose. Now Sh00mb-0 wanders the land, searching for something to do.

Init +0 HP 31/31 Bloodied 15 Healing Surge 7 ( used /11)
AC 20 Fort 14 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 6
Str 11 (0) Con 16 (+3) Dex 10 (0) Int 20 (+5) Wis 10 (0) Cha 8 (-1)

Powers

Racial

Warforged Resolve
Encounter ✦ Healing
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain a number of temporary hit points equal
to 3 + one-half your level. You may make an immediate
saving throw against one effect that inflicts ongoing
damage and can be ended with a save. In addition,
if you are bloodied you regain hit points equal to
3 + one half your level.

Class

Aegis of Shielding
At-Will ✦ Arcane
Minor Action Close burst 2
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked
until you use this power against another target. If you
mark other creatures using other powers, the target is
still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark
at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was al-
ready in place.
If your marked target makes an attack that doesn’t
include you as a target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack
rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10
squares of you, you can use an immediate interrupt to re-
duce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature
by an amount equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.
At 11th level, reduce the damage dealt by 10 + your
Constitution modifier. At 21st level, reduce the damage
dealt by 15 + your Constitution modifier.

At-Will

Booming Sword
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Thunder, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage, and if the target
is adjacent to you at the start of its turn and moves away,
it takes 1d6 + Constitution modifier thunder damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Intelligence modifier at 21st
level.
Sword Burst
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier force damage.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Intelligence modifier at 21st
level.

Encounter

Foesnare
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is
immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use this power in place of a melee basic
attack when charging.

Daily

Dance of the Sword
Daily. Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Close burst 2
Target: Eachenemy in burst
Attack: Intelligencevs.Will
Hit: 1d8 + Intelligence modifierpsychicdamage, and the
target cannot make opportunity attacks or shift(save
ends).
Miss:Halfdamage, and untilthe end ofyour nextturn, the
target cannot make opportunity attacks or shift.

Gear: Longsword, Leather Armor

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

Yo, we've got a team together.

Evalia / Exorcism | Lilah / Exorcism | Strumbart / Cargo Ship | Wicke / Exorcism

Ghost Buster Team on Deck in 20 minutes -> an hour depending on how long it takes people to show up.

If you're interested in signing up, sign ups are until the game starts.

Good Luck Everyone! Please don't die.

I'll be leaving for home soon so I'll try to boot up the demo program ASAP.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, uh The timeslots are filling super fast.

I'mma be a busy GM.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

By the way, Evalia and Lilah both still need to take their free Improved Defenses and Expertise feats. Will probably come in handy for our upcoming adventure!

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
I have to get in on this. Even if I'm in GMT+0. Still, I can make the 11pm slots!

Lilli, Gnome Binder
"What doesn't kill you makes you stranger."
Lilli and his family were captured and enslaved by Fomorians when he was but a boy. After suffering through years of mistreatment, he turned to the occult in his quest to escape. The giants ate his family, but he made it out. Now he can't go back to a simple life.

Werewhale fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 7, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Absolutely, I'm not heading back empty-handed, disappoint Lemonade AGAIN."

"Lemonil, Kosyan."

"No thanks I just had a drink."

That's it, we've already peaked.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

"Absolutely, I'm not heading back empty-handed, disappoint Lemonade AGAIN."

"Lemonil, Kosyan."

"No thanks I just had a drink."

That's it, we've already peaked.

This was pretty much perfect, yeah. I love this dumb elfgame, you guys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not even to the end of the session and the dwarf is already trying to bluff a door.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

This wacky zany ghost house is all sorts of messed up. Damned ghost kids teasing us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812169 After Action Reports go here for either 25gp, or a d4 inspiration die :O

• Locked thread