Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

eh, Aldo beat Frankie Edgar for that belt, ultimately, and he beat a fighter Conor McGregor has made literally 0 effort to even attempt to fight despite sharing a division for years and Edgar angling for it. If Conor and his posse think it's such a shambles that Aldo is happily proclaiming to be champ, maybe they should go beat the poo poo out of Aldo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Is there a compilation of all the Jon Jones eye pokes?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GTO posted:

Is there a compilation of all the Jon Jones eye pokes?

streamable only allows 10 minute videos, sorry

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Daniel Kelly is going to beat Derek Brunson and will then beat GSP or Bisping for the MW title in the highest drawing UFC PPV of all time

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Memento posted:

streamable only allows 10 minute videos, sorry

:drat:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

eh, Aldo beat Frankie Edgar for that belt, ultimately, and he beat a fighter Conor McGregor has made literally 0 effort to even attempt to fight despite sharing a division for years and Edgar angling for it. If Conor and his posse think it's such a shambles that Aldo is happily proclaiming to be champ, maybe they should go beat the poo poo out of Aldo again.

they probably dont think that ... they probably think something else thats less valuable

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/24/15049028/mark-hunts-lawyers-track-down-brock-lesnar-canada-serve-him-ufc-lawsuit-mma

Mark Hunt’s lawyers track down Brock Lesnar in Canada, serve him with UFC lawsuit

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Jesus why do people write articles like that? I know just copy/pasting a tweet isn't enough, but every other line is a lame joke with a link to explain said joke

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Troxartas posted:

Jesus why do people write articles like that? I know just copy/pasting a tweet isn't enough, but every other line is a lame joke with a link to explain said joke

You don't actually have to write articles like that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mark hunt, via megaphone: i know this is probably a bad time to ask but can i have $300

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Is anyone else worried Mark Hunt is going to go bankrupt paying lawyer fees and never actually get any money from this? In that event, I imagine a prolonged career ahead of a man who should start considering retirement and that's gonna be sad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else worried Mark Hunt is going to go bankrupt paying lawyer fees and never actually get any money from this? In that event, I imagine a prolonged career ahead of a man who should start considering retirement and that's gonna be sad.

I imagine scenes from my favourite anime cartoons mostly. like One Piece and DBZ. i think to myself stuff like, how can i take the purest values of my favourite anime characters, and apply them in my own life. and sometimes i just think about the cool pictures

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/25/15058768/wmma-cris-cyborg-vacates-invicta-145-belt-eyes-de-randamie-fight-in-ufc-anaheim-214

I hope this backfires and Cyborg never gets a belt again

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

I.N.R.I posted:

I imagine scenes from my favourite anime cartoons mostly. like One Piece and DBZ. i think to myself stuff like, how can i take the purest values of my favourite anime characters, and apply them in my own life. and sometimes i just think about the cool pictures

I imagine that's wonderful.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

She will murder Germain. Germaine. gMaine DeBrambleberry.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Log posted:

She will murder Germain. Germaine. gMaine DeBrambleberry.

Yeah Cyborg will be a UFC champ and her terrible career will be validated and everything will be awful

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

chaleski posted:

Yeah Cyborg will be a UFC champ and her terrible career will be validated and everything will be awful

She'll fail a steroid test, or fail to make weight. Or fail to make weight while failing a steroid test. Not vice versa, though. That would just be weird.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

chaleski posted:

I still don't understand why anyone gives a poo poo about Cyborg because she's never beaten anyone you've heard of.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
GINA CARANO DUH

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I see they are giving Jones credit for Bader's self-own - guard pull (terror)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

maffew buildings posted:

GINA CARANO DUH

Thank you for emphatically typing that before I had to.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

same but also haikyuu

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Probably. Hunt is dumb bad and embarrassing and it only makes sense that he would back himself into a hole by taking the stupidest approach to being the "good" guy instead of just training and knocking out these juice boxes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't think I've ever read anything funnier than Artem Lobov claiming he's the hardest hitting 145-er, or Artem Lobov criticizing Aldo for winning a title belt.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, Cyborg doesn't need to defend her Invicta belt. Win, lose, or draw (she'll murder Germaine), this was the right move.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TheKingslayer posted:

I still don't understand why anyone gives a poo poo about Cyborg because she's never beaten anyone you've heard of.

There's a reason why the heavyweight champion will always be a big deal even if the current champ is bad or uninteresting. People wanna know who the toughest man on the planet is.

Same thing here, this is basically the female heavyweight division, and people want to know who the toughest woman is.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think I've ever read anything funnier than Artem Lobov claiming he's the hardest hitting 145-er, or Artem Lobov criticizing Aldo for winning a title belt.

He certainly does hit hard, but his plodding footwork and low energy style seems to make me think he's a big country wannabe.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else worried Mark Hunt is going to go bankrupt paying lawyer fees

one would hope his lawyers are working for contingency fees but OTOH he's not very smart or on top of poo poo as regards money, so yeah, I'm a bit worried

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

just make him fight jeremy stephens when cub is finished clowning on him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

thats the ticket

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

Or Doo Ho Choi.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

I'm very down with this.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
stephens is the definition of a hitter, throws more bombs than a palestinian schoolboy

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
He's not that technical, but he's a dude you simply cannot afford to gently caress up in front of, because he can really make you pay for it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Artem/Aldo, imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if i took a series of brutal beatings in organizations nowhere near the b-leagues, only had moderate success in tuf because of cronyism, and that same cronyism kept me in the big show long enough to beat a guy who literally can't fight and a horny japanese delinquent, i probably wouldn't be talking poo poo about jose aldo. but then again i'm not the hardest hitter at fw (with only 5 knockouts in 27 fights, all in the z-leagues).

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's kind of cool that Lobov's record looks like the same list of made up names that all European and Eastern European prospects have, except instead of being undefeated, he entered the UFC at 11 - 12.

Incredibly bad, but kind of cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

don't get me wrong, it's amazing that in the face of incontrovertible proof that you suck rear end someone can be so deluded as to call jose aldo a bitch. it's that very attitude that propels athletes to heights that rational people with normal lives can only dream of reaching. that this warrior spirit resides in the vessel of artem lobov is the only thing separating it from true greatness. it's like a greek tragedy where no one wants to see the stupid retard succeed anyway - hilarious, but ultimately pointless.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Artem Lobov explained that the reason he loses fights all the time is because he has to take fights on short notice because people won't book fights for him in advance because they are scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Artem Lobov explained that the reason he loses fights all the time is because he has to take fights on short notice because people won't book fights for him in advance because they are scared.

I will accept this bold claim on faith.

• Locked thread