Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Oi, guv, the world is round, innit, buddeh? The Queen sailed all the way 'round it, you dick.

aye, hes right like. she did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I think khabib is going to have trouble getting TFERG down, and even more trouble keeping him there and Tony is gonna gently caress him up, imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I think khabib is going to have trouble getting TFERG down, and even more trouble keeping him there and Tony is gonna gently caress him up, imo.

same, lord waffle beard.

either way this is one of the best and most intriguing match ups made in mma history on paper and this will hopefully hold true after the fight too.

i don't give a gently caress about the main event but i am legitimately extremely excited for tferg / khabib.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I've watched every Tony Ferguson UFC fight and have been a fan & believer since he broke Aaron Riley's jaw. But whenever I think of Ferguson I always remember the guy who barely got by Danny Castillo and not the guy who schooled Rafael Dos Anjos. I hope he beats Khabib but I'm worried his growth has all been a lie. Like he still doesn't really know how to deadlifts properly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

But whenever I think of Ferguson I always remember the guy who barely got by Danny Castillo and not the guy who schooled Rafael Dos Anjos.

*watches khabib struggle to control gleison tibau*

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Both Woodley and TFerg are +150 right now. I feel like they're both great value

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Let's go ahead and post the pic of Maia almost exploding when he blows his nose. Such a victor.

Sure, Anderson won the first two rounds handily before, by his own admission, getting tired and hurt, and avoiding the fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think there's a Lightweight on earth who Khabib will have trouble getting down. I can see Ferguson getting up but he's probably getting dunked straight back down.

Ferguson lighting Khabib up in between takedowns and scoring a TKO is incredibly possible and this fight will be great.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think there's a Lightweight on earth who Khabib will have trouble getting down.

He exists and goes by the name gleison tibau

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

imo too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

eh he made weight but that boy is no lightweight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think there's a Lightweight on earth who Khabib will have trouble getting down. I can see Ferguson getting up but he's probably getting dunked straight back down.

Ferguson lighting Khabib up in between takedowns and scoring a TKO is incredibly possible and this fight will be great.

probably .. i think the strength difference is too big

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There's a lot of different ways Khabib and Tony can win and either one of them could make it look really hard, or really easy depending on how the unanswered questions are answered. Way moreso than any other fight, imo.

Tony's habit of rolling out of body-locks and takedowns will either work brilliantly or get him into heaps of trouble and I really want to know which.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Goonweight GP Is back if anyone would like to pick these fights: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811972

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Steroids and diuretics

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Tony's habit of rolling out of body-locks and takedowns will either work brilliantly or get him into heaps of trouble and I really want to know which.

Trujillo did this a couple of times against Khabib and it worked. Then he kept trying it and got owned over and over.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That possibility, and that of Khabib getting into Tony's guard and working from there are the real problems for Tony on the ground, imo.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Its gonna be...... a good fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

manyak posted:

Its gonna be...... a good fight

I think it might be one of the most exciting matchups ever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thats ice cream v my mouth actually.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/3/14797810/demetrious-johnson-campaigns-to-tie-history-on-fox-in-april

Mighty Mouse is dropping some hints that he might be the headliner for UFC on FOX in Kansas City

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Rigel posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/3/14797810/demetrious-johnson-campaigns-to-tie-history-on-fox-in-april

Mighty Mouse is dropping some hints that he might be the headliner for UFC on FOX in Kansas City

Hell yeah

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cruz is gonna cut to 125 and take DJ's belt.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'm always concerned with fights that are so hyped and exciting looking. They often turn into duds because of risk aversion.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's going to take more than hints to convince me that mm is fighting on a free fox card... that makes no sense. He's the champ, why isn't he making the big ppv bucks? Can someone explain this to me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trast posted:

I'm always concerned with fights that are so hyped and exciting looking. They often turn into duds because of risk aversion.

Risk averse is not a term that I would use to describe Ferguson or Khabib.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Trast posted:

This is my only concern for the Woodley Thompson fight, 25mins of matador and bull (not racist)

Szymanski fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 3, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If Joey B doesn't get the title shot I'll be mad on line.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Thats ice cream v my mouth actually.

Your mouth is involved in a number of intriguing matchups

Dan Didio posted:

I think it might be one of the most exciting matchups ever.

Provided Khabib doesn't return to the dust from which he came either guy will probably work right back into a title shot within the year when they lose.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If Joey B doesn't get the title shot I'll be mad on line.

It should be Wilson imo considering he was given one then DJ got hurt and Wilson got sent to the fightpass prelims instead.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

It should be Wilson imo considering he was given one then DJ got hurt and Wilson got sent to the fightpass prelims instead.

Since April '14 Reis' best wins are against a declining Scott Jorgensen and Dustin Ortiz and he was soundly beaten by Formiga. Benavidez beat Ortiz, Cejudo, Tim Elliott, Bagautinov, Makovsky and Moraga in the same span of time. Reis has been beating bad fighters and isn't impressive when he does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The woes of a cleared out division

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Speaking of woe https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/837710600721457152

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's going to take more than hints to convince me that mm is fighting on a free fox card... that makes no sense. He's the champ, why isn't he making the big ppv bucks? Can someone explain this to me

About half his fights as champion are on free TV. He's probably on the UFC's informal list of "can get ratings and can co-main a PPV, but can't sell a PPV" fighters. The Diaz brothers were on that list too until they realized it was probably bullshit. The UFC is also obligated under their FOX contract to deliver a certain number every year in ratings, so if Mighty Mouse is somehow on board with headlining a FOX card, the UFC would like to do it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

loving hell. If they have to rehydrate him, he'll miss weight. Even if he makes the walk, he wouldn't be able to fight for the interim belt.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

About half his fights as champion are on free TV. He's probably on the UFC's informal list of "can get ratings and can co-main a PPV, but can't sell a PPV" fighters. The Diaz brothers were on that list too until they realized it was probably bullshit. The UFC is also obligated under their FOX contract to deliver a certain number every year in ratings, so if Mighty Mouse is somehow on board with headlining a FOX card, the UFC would like to do it.

He used to love fighting on FOX because it had higher views than PPV and he made more money from Xbox sponsorship than points.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh Jesus god no not the interim belt

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpED13pLNg

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh Jesus god no not the interim belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If Khabib is out they should honestly rematch Vannata and Ferguson. I think a full camp Vannata might tear up Ferguson.

• Locked thread