Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Julio Cruz posted:

Lobov-Swanson is a fight that's crying out for the return of Steve Mazzagatti.

(also, has his Wikipedia page been deleted or did he just never get one?)

I live less than ten minutes from that venue and money isn't a problem but gently caress me I don't know if it's worth the energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

FishBowlRobot posted:

I've never been to a live card so I'm in the meh, maybe camp. It's not great but it's got Cub, Smyln Sam, John Dodson, Raging Al, and Brandon Moreno might be cool. If nothing else maybe I could get to see Matt Serra in person, screaming.

If I get a confirmation Serra will be there, I will be there.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

vainman posted:

Do you think they'll try to get Fedor a fight?

They always will.

But hearing the Chael Cast talk about negotiating with Fedor...his people are good at their jobs...(Protecting the Goose.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The mandingo scene from Django unchained with Dana White as Candie.

What the gently caress was that scene about other than establishing that Quentin Tarantino needs to be able to violently masturbate to any scene he films?

Also, is GSP the GOAT of headcases? Dude full blown (condom stuffed with) nuts.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah how gratuitous of him to make a whole third of the plot revolve around head to head slave fighting and then show some of it

I really liked the movie and know dick all about "film." Just stating what appears to be obvious.

Also, does California have affordable (on par with south Nashville) parts to live in?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

freud mayweather posted:

It was all Anderson's fault. Maia was chasing him down and hurting him with punches to the point that Silva hid behind the referee like a coward.

Let's go ahead and post the pic of Maia almost exploding when he blows his nose. Such a victor.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

He based everything off leben

When does he find out his heart could and will explode at any moment? To the uninformed, I'm talking about his actual heart.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yes, but your neighbors won't be white.

What the gently caress do you think Nashville is, a rest stop? There were thirty-eight or thirty-nine countries represented in my high school of 1100, for fucks sake.

-Atom- posted:

stay away from Monterey, please.

stay away from internet, please.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Side post : I know some of you are thinking about coming to Nashville for the card. I have this very handy map to explain our fair city.

The fights are happening in the small print occasional murder area.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Losing that fight turned it into a no buy for my household.

Khabib talks an awful lot of poo poo for a guy who can't ever make a fight. I don't really like or dislike him here, I just want to know what's up?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hunt v Overeem has some interesting drama attached to it because if overeem wins he'll probably get a title shot but more importantly mark hunt will post something truly insane on facebook.

What, like a page from his biography? Including the Table of Contents?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

That loving comment about the Wedge battlebot being Woodley cracked me up to the point where I forgot whatever unfunny bullshit I was about to post.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Also Woodley, who is completely capable of coming off as likable and human in interviews, teaches a lesson in how to be hated.

https://streamable.com/aa618

"Why you gotta be so mean, man?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I thought Wonderboy was a Serra/Longo guy but I didn't see them in his corner. I'm also a week or two behind on the Serra-Cast. Can someone help me out?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Skip My Posts posted:

he trains with longo/serra but wonderboy's dad is his head trainer, accountant, lawyer, agent, bodyguard, unauthorized biographer, and drug dealer keeper awayer

Ah, I thought I saw the back of Serra's fat head at one point but it isn't really an exclusive look.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I like Ellenberger but Jesus I was hoping the card would get a bigger shot in the arm than that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

He might be right this time depending on how rusty his firmly packed walnuts have become.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bubba Smith posted:

if GSP were doing this as a joke I would enjoy it, but he isn't so, I'm mad that he keeps saying this

Joking aside, isn't this the one time that statement could be completely true? Coming back from a multi-year lay off to fight the champ of a division a weight up from your old one? Sounds more difficult than Dan Fuckin' Hardy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Chael made me a fan when he fought Filho who was also fighting a ghost. His career is asinine. But if I had to say what he is truly excellent at, it's his temerity. Watch the first four and a half rounds of Anderson Silva vs. Chael and you can see it.

Chael sometimes mentally breaks before a fight (Tito, Evans) but he also sometimes wins (or nearly wins) on sheer grit and mental toughness.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

1st AD posted:

I don't think Chael mentally broke against Tito or Rashad.

In both situations he was just faced with a much better and stronger grappler and couldn't do poo poo about it.

Evans - You could tell in the entire lead up to the fight he wasn't in it.

Tito - gently caress. I don't really know. I'm aware that whole, "He's got that look in his eye, Joe!" thing is bullshit when you have people like Holly Holm looking like a nervous deer than winning the belt from Rousey. But Chael seemed incredibly checked out.

Earlier in his career he did seem to get in bad positions and just go, "gently caress it" more than once. Can't remember the last time he did that though. Was it Marquardt or Maia where he screamed and the ref took it as a verbal tap?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

It was never mentioned in the thread (but I may have been on "vacation") but when Chael's daughter died and wife nearly died he didn't miss a loving beat with his media stuff. I find his ability to soldier on through things legit inspirational.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Did he ever get to bang? :ohdear:

Bro?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

david carmichael posted:

Well just the IT one then

Who in the name of God wants to work in IT? I worked at Dell for a few years in sales and the IT guys always looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

Everyone wants to get inside Cruz too much, even Cody

God drat.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

They gently caress each other's wives and make computer Jokes to blow off steam they're generally cool, normal guys.

I have a buddy who has no degrees and makes 100k plus a year in IT. I also have a friend with a computer science degree who doesn't break 30k. Joking aside, the industry seems pretty varied.

But those "IT" folks at Dell trying to help people install a hospital server farm by phone, Christ. If this is the last time I ever talk about software licenses, I'm happy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

(does a sharp intake of breath while darting my head around looking for father dog)

Ahahahaha

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Similaraly, Derek Lewis was sponsored by a number of youtubers who screencap track and field or volleyball events for moments when women's shorts are up their asses, and is not and never has been organically horny.

I'm so glad I don't understand any of this.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

To any other athlete, I would assume they are making chicken salad without high octane mayo.

But Hendricks is full blown dumber than hell so, yeah.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Should all of us that know how to cook go move in with fighters?

Also, has any champ flamed out as bad as Hendricks over an extended number of fights?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

david carmichael posted:

Chuck didn't get knocked out by jardine

He sure tried. It was very confusing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

Carlos Newton comes to mind, Captain Log.

Those were literally the two people I was drawing a blank on for some unknown reason. Thank you kindly.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Her post title sample is too small but I get what you're saying.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sure its only one (or two?) fights but everything else has been far notable in terms of a flame out. Losing movie deals, her mom making GBS threads all over her and her coaching staff etc.

Like when PVZ said she got screamed at by Ronda for saying "Congrats to Holly Holm" for Holly winning a fight, somehow that meant PVZ hated Ronda in Ronda's mind.

Ronda is pretty weird because I think she sure as gently caress could still be a champ but everything related to her competing makes her literally psychotic.

She is pretty high up the list, but not in Big Rigg territory.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

DoombatINC posted:

I've been starting to think I stroked out a year ago and everything since has been my death dream, thanks for the affirmation

That's roughly been my past five years. I think we are both here, though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Memento posted:

Sharing these from the schadenfreude thread because I don't even give a gently caress.

She spikes him into his death. Dayum.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

There is nothing like the feeling of when you know you are going for a ride, and just have to pray nothing awful happens. As a large built guy, I'm not used to be hurled like a sack of angry owls.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

Yeah And if you get to that point of no return where you're gonna get tossed the best thing to do is just let it happen and prepare to breakfall.

It's weird but knowing how to fall has saved me so much pain throughout my life. I started learning that in loving theater and being a nerdy LARP boy in high school.

I know this is more grappling thread-y, but if you are sizing someone up watching how graceful (or not) they are in falling contains a lot of information.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

Ya break falling has saved my rear end multiple times in the real world. It's good they drill it into you until it's just your natural reaction if you fall, regardless of if your getting tossed or you slipped on some ice.

No joke, I have witnesses to this - I once feel down a flight of stairs while accidentally duct taped to old crutches without making enough noise for a couple hundred nearby people to hear.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Eat This Glob posted:

If you could, please explain. In detail.

I was in a play that was set around the Turn of the Century and a lot of effort was put into having "period" props. I broke my ankle during the production and they found these old wooden beat to gently caress crutches for me to use. They had no rubber anywhere on them and I could barely get around. The director told the stage manager I was having a hard time gripping with the crutches. She heard, "He is having a hard time holding the crutches" and put a poo poo load of duct tape on the handles, facing outwards, before a performance.

I went out to do my bit and had my hands on the crutches the whole time. I was also sixteen and loving loaded on pain medication. Our backstage was down a flight of stairs. Multiple times I would gently caress up going down them but I would just drop the crutches and wait, silently clutching the rail, for someone to help me down.

Well, this time I started to fall, and just silently waved my arms attached to ancient crutches as I fell head over heels about three times into the backstage area. People heard a lot of thuds, but apparently as I landed I was whisper yelling, "Be quiet! Be quiet!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Rigel posted:

USADA is getting in the way of Mighty Mouse's streaming schedule again

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/841116164101038080

A noble piss collection.

• Locked thread