Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bubba Smith posted:

all 40 of us on this dying forum, the entire "mighty squad"

Remember when Brock Lesnar fought and it brought a few new voices in for a few weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont remember aything but it was a black dude gettin mad and he said something like, "a prank's a prank but doo doo is personal"

It was Jared "J-Roc" Rollins, who did a traditional TUF flimsy door break on his way to confront War Machine.
They got to have a grudge match over the upper decker on that TUF finale. That fight (which apparently was J-Roc's last) was gassy as poo poo and War Machine managed to gut it out, earning a modicum of respect from me.

e: whoops, soundly beaten

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Violating the eye test is the gravest sin.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

For the first time ever I'm actually interested in the contractual reason why they didn't have to pay it to him.

vainman posted:

What's the point of show money if you don't actually get it for showing

Could "show" mean show up to a fight that happens?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Novum posted:

Doesn't Khabob hate russia and has in fact been fighting them in a war for some time

I think Chechens and Dagestanis are fairly tight though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

IVs don't help you cut weight,
IVs were used after hard weight cuts to rehydrate quickly so fighters would frel better by fight time

I would consider that a form of aid in the overall process. If you know you have the IV to help bounce back, you can proceed with the cut differently.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

imo the greatest advantage of all would be if you were half the size of a normal person but somehow twice as dense, like you cut from 190 to make the welterweight limit but you're only 3'0" tall. I can't explain exactly why I think this but I'm sure a fighter like that would be unbeatable

Didn't work for that Z league MMA fighter with no legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Give me Rockhold vs Jon Jones.

• Locked thread