Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Didn't see this posted. Hunt broke his tibia. I didn't watch the fight but saw the pictures and putting it all together it makes me feel really uneasy and squeamish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wise Learned Man posted:

It was led by a guy who allegedly drove a railway spike through a dog's head to intimidate Sugar Ray Leonard's lawyer. It was destined to end in tragedy.

Wait what seriously?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There should be a reality show that follows around the Diaz brothers while they travel the world beating the poo poo out of dudes like that

I mean I might actually sub fight pass for it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Memento posted:

I've been assuming they want Khabib to win a belt so they can build around him to push into Russia.

I'm dying for a proper Russian push because of all the 40/50 year old Russian bear men we'll get to see beat the poo poo out of each other at HW

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The idea of Khabib retiring instead of being one of those 50+ fights workrate beasts down the road is depressing as gently caress but y'know for your health

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Skip My Posts posted:

it would take khabib 100 years to get 50 fights under his belt

Thus embracing my fantasy of watching ancient Russians punch each other into dust

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

During my tiny little BJJ training time a 150lb or so Brazilian threw me and I landed right on my head. Right now I weigh around 320 and I was bigger then. Pretty sure I had a concussion, I felt like poo poo for a week. Some of those types could be 50lbs a throw a UPS truck. It's genuinely awesome.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Captain Log posted:

No joke, I have witnesses to this - I once feel down a flight of stairs while accidentally duct taped to old crutches without making enough noise for a couple hundred nearby people to hear.

Ilu man

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hanging out with DJ like that would be the best. Pour a little sangria, boot up the ol' PS4, pop in the bathroom for a little pee pee.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You can see the exact path of strength that shoots form his back leg to Barboza's face. Owns.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Beating Silva is still impressive. It's not like his recent losses have been against nobodies. I don't blame Gastelum for wanting the fight even if I'd rather see him face someone also climbing up to a belt.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

After Silva kills Gastelum it's time to finally set up the super fight with gsp for the 185lb strap

2017 UFC is the funniest and greatest thing. lol if anyone bothers watching sports that actually make sense and are based in reality and not bizarre time loops where anything is possible.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cyber Dog posted:

are tonight's fights not a fox broadcast?

Nope, gotta pay the big bald man my dude

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How perfect would it be if McGregor KOs Mayweather somehow, goes on an ego warping world media tour, finishes by taking the final trilogy fight and then gets owned by Nate.

Just, Nate delegitimization Mayweather and McGregor in one fight would really get me going and I don't even hate Conor.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weidman along with every other fighter was always bad

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else worried Mark Hunt is going to go bankrupt paying lawyer fees and never actually get any money from this? In that event, I imagine a prolonged career ahead of a man who should start considering retirement and that's gonna be sad.

Probably. Hunt is dumb bad and embarrassing and it only makes sense that he would back himself into a hole by taking the stupidest approach to being the "good" guy instead of just training and knocking out these juice boxes.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

USADA is beautiful and I would love to see the same kind of organization come down on the NFL or NBA. It would be the funniest poo poo and so many big names would wither away by the time the owners recovered from the panicked chaos.

That's my top dumb sports dream aside from GSP/me fanfic

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This sucks because for a split second my brain tingled with excitement over the thought of Cody knocking out DJ. What the gently caress. I'm sorry Mighty Mouse :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mark Hunt got a fancy new titty tat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chris James 2 posted:

Ariel says after tonight's Bellator fight, Rampage's contract says his next fight must be in UFC

Put him against Mark Hunt, Dana

Maybe it's dumb nostalgia but I miss Rampage in the UFC a lot.

• Locked thread