Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

JaySB posted:

At one point does it become economically viable to have a backup fighter for PPV headlining bouts and or title fights? At what point is it worth it for the fighter to go through a camp to potentially fight two different fighters and say, get their show money if they don't fight?

I would be interested to see what would happen if fighters started turning down fights where the opponent missed weight and taking the show money instead. But I'm almost certain the answer is 'get cut from the UFC'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Also Woodley, who is completely capable of coming off as likable and human in interviews, teaches a lesson in how to be hated.

https://streamable.com/aa618

"Why you gotta be so mean, man?"

It boggles my mind that Woodley could rewatch this and still complain that the fans don't like him.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

vainman posted:

What's the point of show money if you don't actually get it for showing

Yeah that's really weird, I guess show money means setting foot in the cage? He made weight, did everything required except step through the chain link fence.

Guys I'm starting to think UFC contracts are really unfair. I wonder if someone will ever leak their UFC contract.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

UFC 212: No Mercy for Old Champs

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I guess someone left a hot mic near Conor's coattails:

Artem Lobov posted:

“Now that Conor is gone from the division, I’m the hardest hitter of the division by a long shot.”

quote:

“I’ll tell you one thing about Jose Aldo, if I was in his position I would have never accepted that belt,” Lobov told Submission Radio. “What? So they took the belt from the guy that knocked him out in 13 seconds. They took it off that guy and they handed him that belt and he just takes it and he’s happy and smiling on his face?

“Like, what kind of pussy do you have to be to take that? No way in hell would I ever accept that belt. I would say, ‘give me that guy again. I want to fight him, and if he’s not in the division anymore, well then f—k that, I don’t want that belt. Let the other two fight for the belt and then I’ll fight the winner and I’ll earn that belt’. Because now he’s holding a belt that Conor got off him in 13 seconds and he’ll never be able to get rid of that stain,” he continued.

“Even if he beats now Max Holloway, he’ll still be holding that same belt. So how are you as a man, as a fighter that respects himself, accept that belt? I would have never done it in my life. I don’t know why he f—king done it.”

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I am 100% on board with bankers getting their skulls caved in.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Yeesh, should have grabbed more money out of the car after he hit that pregnant lady, maybe he wouldn't be on the Con autograph circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Ariel says after tonight's Bellator fight, Rampage's contract says his next fight must be in UFC

Put him against Mark Hunt, Dana

His contract with Bellator? I thought he cut ties with the UFC completely? Or did he get like a furlough from UFC to fight in Bellator? Or does he have like a cyborg-style contract where he gets subsidized to fight in b-leagues?

• Locked thread