Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I thought the Romero fight was already booked?! Have I imagined that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Ever since the early weigh ins were instated there has been roughly 1 million more problems with people missing weight

I think people are under the impression they have a longer time to recover so they can cut an extreme amount in comparison to before, because it won't be as bad on fight night, and then they over estimate how much they can cut and get hurt trying to do so. It will be awhile until camps have realistic regimes down.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Auron posted:

Also Mark Hunt is a moron and I hope Overeem punches his stupid face in so he'll at least temporarily shut the gently caress up about steroids.

The dude has a legit point about fighting people who constantly test positive, including the downright corrupt treatment Brock got in being allowed to compete with a no testing window before hand clause because he signed last minute special circumstances rule. I would be mad as hell as well if I went through some of the wars that he has done only to find out they would of been walk in the parks had the other guy not been cheating and the UFC had not done enough to protect me from that unfair brain damage. Overeem was blatantly roiding, so Mark Hunt has a legit beef.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

Arlovski's resurgence was a little bit overstated, though the Browne beating was really entertaining. The people I know who really talked him up were, weirdly, Fedor fans who needed to prove that Arlovski is good in order to prove that Fedor's win was really important and relevant.

Agreed, but when he beat up Travis Brown it was amazing, for a heavy weight Arlovski's hands are so sharp.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Memento posted:

Yeah he set his cause back a fair way by loving up his cut.

edit: I mean, we don't actually know for sure he was hospitalised from weight cutting.

I think its steroids.

Theres a Testosterone steroid going round at the moment that is in and out of your system in 12 hours, if you microdose it well enough you can not get caught 9/10, and its very easy to test yourself to see if you are about to fail on those 1/10 times. I think he's been micro dosing, and an early pre fight test came up that he couldn't pass because he couldn't get the steroids out of his system and cut weight at the same time, so suddenly it's

"oh no let's take him immediately to a hospital, not inform the ufc, hide him there, oh dear he cant be tested? thats a shame, well it was a weight cut problem"

Dana White even said that they went awol and that if they had let the ufc Dr's see him instead of running to a hospital (not even the closest one iirc) the fight could of happened, but then, so would of the testing.

:tinfoil:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

jay z's sedan posted:

The fact you would defame a breast cancer sufferer with hypogonadism like that and deprive him of his medicine is disgusting, especially since he's pregnant

U wot m8

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

evobatman posted:

Wouldn't the USADA know about this, and be able to issue an out of competition sample? "Too bad you couldn't show up for your fight. Now piss."

They would have to hunt him down, including locating the right hospital (which the camp were being vague about) and then find him in the hospital all the while he's getting it out of his system as quick as possible.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

n8r posted:

Why would you be on any roids so close to the fight? What would be the benefit?

Steroids are amazing

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Thrifting Day! posted:

Whatever happened to Ricardo Arona?

He retired to be a sexy surfer iirc

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I would like to see Rumble on PEDs. :stonk:

You have

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Trast posted:

Lets not think Uncle Dana is going to hold to something as outlandish as tradition or standards if he sees a way to make money.

He is going to be on Conan O'brian (who is now a micro owner of the UFC) to announce something on the 15th

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

In essence you should be interviewing the fighters who are cool and good and who deserve better fights and to get paid more, not the fighters who have tons of exposure and who everyone already knows.

Agreed.

I wish I lived in Vegas, the stalking opertunities would consume me.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

If this is true, then it could be Mayweather/McGregor. Though I'm not sure I'd want to watch that, or think it'll be the announcement.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/13/14916328/t-mobile-arena-las-vegas-reserved-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-june-10

How has it not leaked yet if that is the case?!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Interview me, Keven.

I messaged you on twitter about coming on the podcast, you didn't reply.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Such a couple of beautiful touches, they don't look hard St all, just accurate. Lovely.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Explain Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell

Have you seen the size of those guys? It's difficult to be athletic and that big.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Just not cutting he will have 20lbs on him, add in a few weeks of eating without a care for making said cut, he'll be a heavy weight easily. The heavyweight lifestyle is a lazy one for many.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/24/15049028/mark-hunts-lawyers-track-down-brock-lesnar-canada-serve-him-ufc-lawsuit-mma

Mark Hunt’s lawyers track down Brock Lesnar in Canada, serve him with UFC lawsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Is he even in Ireland at the moment or has one of his cronies borrowed his car and gotten it compounded?

• Locked thread