Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matoi Ryuko posted:

the ufc just isn't the same without fighters like condom depot and safeauto (can't remember their real names)

I used to see the SafeAuto commercials and think "wow that must be for really poor idiots" then I saw who they sponsored in the UFC and it confirmed my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Should all of us that know how to cook go move in with fighters?

Also, has any champ flamed out as bad as Hendricks over an extended number of fights?

Ronda

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Her post title sample is too small but I get what you're saying.

Sure its only one (or two?) fights but everything else has been far notable in terms of a flame out. Losing movie deals, her mom making GBS threads all over her and her coaching staff etc.

Like when PVZ said she got screamed at by Ronda for saying "Congrats to Holly Holm" for Holly winning a fight, somehow that meant PVZ hated Ronda in Ronda's mind.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Ronda is pretty weird because I think she sure as gently caress could still be a champ but everything related to her competing makes her literally psychotic.

She is pretty high up the list, but not in Big Rigg territory.

Nor is she close to her beau, Travis Browne, in terms of floundering I guess.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tonight's UFC Fight Night was pretty good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Southpaugh posted:

Khabib ducked Tony hth

No, he ducked the scales.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure Mighty Mouse is the only Twitch streamer being drug tested.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Anderson is one of my main men, but Chael was Gastelum's coach and is taking a page directly from his coaches' playbook. "Shoot for the title or shoot for the easiest, highest paying fight possible."

That "Legend's rear end Whoopin' Tour" Gastelum mentioned was lifted directly from Chael in a cool way.

Chael should honestly be giving lessons on how to trash talk. So many fighters are so bad at it, they make themselves look like dopes while trying to dig in on another fighter.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

willie_dee posted:

He is going to be on Conan O'brian (who is now a micro owner of the UFC) to announce something on the 15th

If this is true, then it could be Mayweather/McGregor. Though I'm not sure I'd want to watch that, or think it'll be the announcement.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/13/14916328/t-mobile-arena-las-vegas-reserved-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-june-10

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan Didio posted:

He'll be promoting his Netflix show and maybe announcing Bisping/GSP's date.

I just Google'd this to figure out which show. I don't dislike the show but I kind of got tired of it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't think it's as easy as that, but at the same time fighters don't even do the bare minimum.

I feel if you spend enough time with Chael, you'll pick up his style and methods of trash talking via osmosis.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just read about The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption (I live under a rock).

I am looking forward to seeing Jesse "The Mutant Limo Door Breaker" Taylor fighting on a UFC product again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

https://streamable.com/8n3yp

joe rogan fight companion condensed to 13 seconds

I enjoyed Joe getting annoyed and laying down the law about Callen giving Eddie booze during it.

"He's a gremlin. you can't give him poo poo after a certain hour or else all hell breaks loose."

Also re: those guys leaving the UFC from that tweet, am I the only one who doesn't really care about any of them? Maybe Bader I can see for "he's a good talent" but he's also not been a guy able to push past that final hurdle to get a title shot.

Edit - His temper tantrum to try and McGregor a title a shot against DC at the post fight press conference was funny though.

Edit 2 - I take that back, Horiguchi and Larkin are a loss but WW is pretty thick right now iirc, and Flyweight is sort of a ghost town with Sheriff Johnson in charge.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 17, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My opinion is they should measure the size of the fighters balls. That's a much better indicator in knowing who is a better fighter.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

I didn't see the slowmo afterwards and it was very fast but I didn't realise he had been ragdolled. The UFC have the KO up on twitter but it won't load for me to watch :saddowns:

The thing they have on their Twitter I'm seeing (on the @UFC account) is just Manuwa strutting around after the knockout.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything is bad. Even this post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowman_McK posted:

The sickest part of this is you can see Dariush jabbing and shooting from further out each time due to the leg kicks, which ends up giving Barboza all the time he needs.

The takedown attempt right before the last one he's right inside of clinching range. The first and last one are definitely far out but to say "he was shooting further and further out" is incorrect.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ironic Twist posted:

Li Jingliang cut :(

Man, the Chinese fighters get no slack

It's OK, they've been competing in MMA for over 5000 years. Records prove it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I mean, if you're going for "cocky" and his name is Rockhold. the first thing that comes to mind here is way better than "Cockyhold"

Show a picture of Bisping KO'ng Rockhold.

"Cuckhold"

Werdum should hire us to do his Instagram trash talking.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boetsch/Hendricks could be fun and Penn/Siver is like a match from 2009 that I would've enjoyed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bluedeanie posted:

I was leaving a Buffalo Wild Wings outside of St. Louis after a fight in 2011 or so and got handed a flyer from someone about a local gym hosting Randy Couture, and the gate to that was something like $120, but at least it included a copy of his book and probably a lesson on elbowing a punching bag or something.

I mean if its a seminar or whatever that's a fairly normal price. If it's just a meet & greet then lol.

Also at the Arnold Classic in 2010, Mark Coleman was charging $10 an autograph. How greedy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Double Champ apparently does not do whatever the gently caress he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UFC April: USADA Piss Tests Now Live On Twitch.tv

• Locked thread