Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Michael Bisping became champion and now legally all of his fights have to be the kind of thing a guy who lost twice to the current champion has to take. Their hands are tied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
now michael bisping faces his toughest challenge: not saying the illegal f word in the buildup to his most visible fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Lobov looked good in his last fight and isn't as bad as people want to believe

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

he will get loving crushed by cub but i agree.

more than likely yeah, but i think a lot more highly of him for asking for that fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
triple post i don't give a gently caress this is the greatest interview answer of all time http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=rFXithciUEc&p=n#/7;18

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[Joe rogan voice] If you wanted to design a fighter to capture the affections of the internet, he would be fat, he would be socially awkward, and he would ignore all decorum. Mark Hunt is that guy.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Oscar Schindler scene from Schindler's List but it's Dana breaking down and crying that he could've signed more of the Northcutt family instead of buying Bibles carved in the shape of guns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Speaking of woe https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/837710600721457152

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh Jesus god no not the interim belt

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat kind of messed up for the weigh ins to duck khabib like this. They're probably scared of him. Jagshemash!

Hahaha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[mike goldberg voice] KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV REMAINS UNDEFEATED!!!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
khabib is going to do the classic vitor style "actually i won the fight that i lost" mental transformation but about getting constipated, or a kidney stone, or from getting an infected rear end from never removing his underwear

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I like Mark Hunt, but these unwarranted attacks on the greatest natural athlete of our time do nothing but harm the cause he thinks he's fighting for

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
pre traumatic stress disirder

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just cancel maia/masvidal and give maia his shot. if woodley wins that then he's earned a shot at nick diaz.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Which fighter is that cheating bastard Tornado who installed a big metal rig around his robot because he was so scared of Razer?

sounds like khabib to me

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Matt "The Hammer" Hamill Pod Cast

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/838847771205500928

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i can't speak to whatever ridiculous moral posturing is being debated here but jon jones is a major league retard

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Bisping did Japanese jiu jitsu as a child iirc, which is like a UFC 1-3 "martial art" which is to say entirely taught and studied by fat old men trying to show off to children, or children

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hmm wonder who'd win, the retired 50 year old classroom demonstration skeleton or the current UFC middleweight champion

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Remember when Randy held Jacare to a draw in which nothing happened

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Thrifting Day! posted:

Eddie Alvarez Vs Dustin Poirier at UFC 213. That will be a scrap

That's bad rear end also don't watch tuf

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.facebook.com/RothwellFighter/posts/1237081773008125

quote:

With the recent news received from USADA I would like to take this time to let everyone know, I have been under the care of a physician and trying to overcome a medical illness. I would appreciate the chance to show that I have not cheated nor did I intended to cheat. Please hold your opinions of me until all the facts are out. I appreciate everyone's support as I go through the process with usada.
Thank you,
Ben Rothwell

weird that all these steroid users have legitimate medical issues that they forget to tell anybody about until test positive

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

JaySB posted:

Dana and the Fertittas got a check for a poo poo load of money and some "legitimacy" to their organization by bringing in a main stream sponsor. The fighters got dick.

Seems like a massive incentive for gsp to come back

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/840041605859954688

Can someone tell me how robust the library is and what the commentary situation is like. Thank you.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That's a shame. There's some great shows there so it's a great bonus for people who already have fight pass but if they could navigate all the rights bullshit and get a more complete library I'd register at light speed

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed the end of that Shogun/Villante fight.

same to the extreme

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Biodome posted:

Joe Martinez is so much better than Bruce Buffer.

i didn't watch but agreed

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

We need fewer guys fighting anyone on short notice in whatever weightclass and never pulling out of fights. And more guys saying "My brother Bilou he have a retardation" on social media and then pulling out of a fight with Darel Horcher 15 times

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's nothing more poetic than vitor belfort being forced to lay off the steroids and getting repeatedly beaten by younger men with naturally higher hormone levels

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i love watching vitor lose because he's an insane dumbass, but equally he was wild as all hell when he was mainlining the juice and if he lost enough to get cut from the ufc and came back overeem sized in japan i would be all over that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The only appropriate retirement fight for Vitor is to give him all the steroids he wants and let him fight Fedor

that's what i was thinking earlier but fedor already ducked him once

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the impenetrable human fortress semmy schilt did too, which loving sucked for everyone else because his jab had a longer range than most missles

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
whoops i misremembered, he's actually a southpaw trained to fight orthodox

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

JaySB posted:

I'm putting together an interview series for YouTube. What fighters would you most like to see interviewed?

If you're limited to Vegas please do a 30 minute sit down interview with Frank Mir where every single question is about the movie "The Last Samurai"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

He'll be promoting his Netflix show and maybe announcing Bisping/GSP's date.

It would be a seriously bad idea to announce that, fans would interrupt it so Bisping might not even get a goodnight kiss

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Lombard is a shithead coward and only calling out Vitor because he's on a slide. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does I hope Lombard gets hosed up by a dinosaur again

• Locked thread