Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Problem description: I stumbled on a buy/download minecraft icon in the "at a glance" tiles. I tried to move it. The start menu disappeared and the icon was stuck to the bottom of my taskbar in front of everything. I rebooted the machine and now the icon is stuck in the upper-left corner of the start menu proper. It's obscuring two apps and one windows thing I never used.

Attempted fixes: I unchecked lock the taskbar, rebooted the computer, tried to click the download icon to get a response, and seriously considered the fixes that called for editing the registry. But the reg-edit fixes were meant for programs that had the wrong icon show up and this is a download link, not a program. I don't own Minecraft thru the Windows Store and haven't had it installed on any machine since before it was bought by Microsoft. An attempt to perform the systems file check resulted in cortina opening up Microsoft edge.

Recent changes: My recent changes were unpinning or moving icons from my "At a glance" bar because it was cluttered and unorganised. Frankly, I'd rather do without these tiles.

--

Operating system: Windows 10, 64 bit Home edition

System specs: Dell Inspiron 3531. Service tag 2T7Z602. Express service code 612-048-182-6.

Intel Celeron(r) CPU N2830 @ 2.16 GHz, 4 gigs ram

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Edit: I got the cmd prompt to work and ran the system file check, no problems found.

Edit 2: I restarted it twice. The second time was to install a printer. The second restart did the trick v0v.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread