Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why is the fake MMA title still a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, I thought Mike and Maria signed a new deal?

Last I heard is that Maria is leaving wrestling to finish up school, while Bennett will stick around.

I don't even know who would bother signing Bennett now, given that his wife's rear end is the most interesting thing about him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who are even the tag teams left? Didn't they already break up every semi-relevant team?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't decide if Abyss is Dime Store Mankind or Dime Store Kane

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I could see Dutch Mantell making a push for Swagger, but who knows if TNA can afford him. Apparently he left WWE because contract talks broke down.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alberto wins the title, no-shows a taping every time they ask him to drop it, retires as the final TNA champion.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
LU is still worth watching for Worldwide Underground

TNA is worth watching for ...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't even know Chris Masters was still wrestling

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jade couldn't have picked a better time to jump ship

1000% chance Jarrett would've made her say "me love you long time" on TV

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 5, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Meet the new TNA, same as the old TNA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm kind of surprised. This was probably the company's last chance to get a legitimate fresh start, scrub away bad memories, and actually move forward as a real grown-up wrestling promotion.

Instead they bring back all the old hacks who tanked the company the last time, rehash the same tired "we're not WWE" talking points that just remind people how low-rent they really are, do a loving announcer feud that buries the actual in-ring wrestling, and put the belt on a WWE washout in literally his first night. Jesus take the wheel.

Who the hell will watch after this? Especially now that the Hardys are gone? Not since late-era WCW have I seen a more disastrous attempt at a "reset."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Smashing Pumpkins songs are really good for like the first 30 seconds. Then Billy Corgan opens his stupid loving mouth and I mentally tune out.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how long before Jarrett books himself into another vanity title reign? My money's on 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Speaking of a futile effort, what should the next thread's title be

TNA April: Ain't Impact great?

• Locked thread