Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

it's too bad Bobby Heenan isn't around to call them The Real World Tag Team Champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Just what TNA needed!

We just need:
-Bruce Pritchard, again

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The only way to be sure if Russo is back is pole matches - if there are a lot of pole matches out of nowhere, he's probably back.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

this company never changes

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

coconono posted:

its like they they think they can fill the goodwill meter enough to access Russo mode and then everyone makes money.

Russo also knows how to book Double J as such an unstoppable force even Hogan and Warrior would hesitate

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

I cannot loving believe this is all happening again

Imagine what happens when Double J tells Fishman that Russo is definitely not working on Impact only to have Russo email the wrong guy again

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

2:30 am Saturday time slot that they give spike 100% of the ad revenue for?

was that the ECW deal?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Jarrett lost his wife, made her into an angle, and then turned an angle into a Jarrett.

ain't he great

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

the thumbnail looks like garry shandling RIP

considering who it turned out to be, I wish it was Garry Shandling

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they produced a hype package with no footage of Kurt Angle or Jeff Hardy but plenty of Jeff Jarrett. Ain't he great?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

shiksa posted:

haha senor benjamin is going to save the broken gimmick because anthem got overzealous. god bless you, senor benjamin.

senor benjamin is the hero we need and deserve in this darkest hour

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's true. Why would anyone be motivated to try anything in this company if this is how they treat the one loving thing that's been remotely successful or even noteworthy in the past two or three years.

the honor of working with wrestling's greatest genius Vince Russo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ShadowedFlames posted:

Only if it's a Custody Papers on a Pole match.

since Russo is back, there's a pretty solid chance of that match happening

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 11, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

What are TNAMecca's thoughts on the whole past year of programming they admitted they loved being declared canon trash by the company itself

you'll find that turns out they thought it was trash too, all along, op

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

WCW's ability to draw talent was largely related to the exorbitant contracts it offered, so I don't know how TNA expects to get talent by doing the exact opposite when the only talent they 'developed' has been so continually alienated by them many of them won't come back. I'm starting to suspect they may not be thinking this through

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

impact wrestling: gently caress the owl

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Does this mean the return of Team Canada?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

WCW in the early 90s was often as bad as TNA gets.

and in the mid-90s

let's not forget that WCW's version of Wrestlemania, Starrcade, had a Hulk Hogan-Ed Leslie main event in 1994. That went for about 15 minutes.

Yes, OSW Review gets a shitload of laughs for reviewing the Dungeon of Doom now but at the time it was wretched.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TNA has committed many grievous sins against wrestling but has never subjected us to 15 minutes of Hogan-Leslie.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

If we're going by terrible main events people should have been refunded for seeing and the company should have never had go on in the first place, Sting/Jeff Hardy is still all time king

Sure, but:

1) It was shorter
2) Sting-Hardy sounds potentially good on paper, Hogan-Leslie doesn't sound good even in theory
3) Victory Road as far as I know isn't TNA's flagship PPV event - Starrcade was the first wrestling PPV ever\

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

oatgan posted:

sting/jeff isn't even the worst match on that show

this is the magic of TNA

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That electrified cage match was probably worse than Sting/Hardy too, although it's at least funny

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That might be the funniest gif in wrestling history.

the wild thing about TNA is you can't really distill it into one gif - there's this, there's Sting pulling off the Sting mask, there's Ken Anderson looking bored and itchy after seeing Tito Ortiz come down the ramp, it's all a rich tapestry

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

Agreed, but for me Raymond Rougeau and Stan Hansen too :unsmith:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

goddamn do I miss Daniels/Kazarian

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

What if you convince your boss to fire you for real to make the angle seem more legit and then jump ship to ECW

you'd have to be some kind of loose cannon to do that

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

How the gently caress is Earl Hebner still actively employed anywhere? Did he sign like a 75-year contract with TNA? He's been the absolute worst for about the past 15 years.

You're drat right he is!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How is Jarret cutting these deals with no real roster? Like, what exactly is he promising?

hey now, it's Jarrett's business acumen that got GFW where it is today - look at all the luminaries that have Joined the Force!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Benne posted:

So how long before Jarrett books himself into another vanity title reign? My money's on 3 months.

I'm definitely taking the under on that bet

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Wazzu posted:

My bet is never. But! He'll hand pick somebody who definitely shouldn't be the guy and make him long term champion.

if there isn't some point where he gives everyone on the roster The Stroke and/or hits them with a guitar then it's not the Jeff Jarrett I know. :colbert:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I was sold on Broken Matt Hardy when he referred to "The Honorable Ring" and "The New Pro Wrestling of Japan" on reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TNA(tm) April: (Ain't Impact(tm) Great?)tm

• Locked thread