Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

And yet we're still counted as millenials it aint fair I tells ya

The way I look at it, both my parents are boomers (both born in '53). So, I'm not really a millenial, regardless of the year range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the whole debate is kinda dumb because there's good reasons for saying millennials start in 95 just like 85.

I just know that I am so much different than people born after 95 that I feel like an alien when I'm in class (I was born in 87 gently caress 30 IS ALMOST HERE FUUUUUCK)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Reverand maynard posted:

some of my first memories are watching bombs dropping on TV during the first iraq war

One of my first memories is watching footage of the Oklahoma City bombing on CNN in the first grade. My dad had to explain to me what a 'bomb' was.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Two Finger posted:

welp and here come the secret service again

If the secret service starts siding with potential fascist accelerationists then we'll have more to worry about.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

I think the whole debate is kinda dumb because there's good reasons for saying millennials start in 95 just like 85.

I feel like millennial just means we grew up with some combination of A) coming of age in a 9/11 world and B) exposure and intrinsic use of the internet from a young age. I know having dialup at age 8 was more formative and potentially damaging than pretty much everything in my life besides enlisting.

So millennial are pretty much anyone born until '95 or even later. These kids getting iPads and chrome books in 2nd grade classes are gonna be odd

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

M_Gargantua posted:

If the secret service starts siding with potential fascist accelerationists then we'll have more to worry about.

I'm under the impression it's in the SS's job description to protect the president regardless of who it is or what their policies are

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If you want to reach, Harvard classifies GenX as 1965-85.

gently caress yessssssssssssssss

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well, more referring to the minions who have enough competency to do damage. That's why we're trying to vote the lot of them out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump advisor endorsed Hungarian anti-Semitic militia. On tape.

https://twitter.com/powellnyt/status/849018517638742016

This is the same douche that sees jihad in everything and can't shut up about how alpha males are returning to government.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the best people

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

To call this a garbage fire is an insult to garbage fire

This is immediate post-meltdown Chernobyl fire.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hold on to your accusations of fire, I found more smoke:

https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/849029612327890944

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Seriously, what the gently caress will it actually take to say "Trump and his entire cabinet and a bunch of Republicans are guilty of loving treason and collusion with the Russians, time to prep the gallows and firing squads"?

Honest question.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
You know what he worst part about the generation argument is?

That people actually give a gently caress what group they are lumped in with.

I will grant that millennial are the worst though, since I've heard people actually refer to themselves as millennials.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
There is so much smoke we're all going to die of asphyxiation before we ever see the fire.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress will it actually take to say "Trump and his entire cabinet and a bunch of Republicans are guilty of loving treason and collusion with the Russians, time to prep the gallows and firing squads"?

Honest question.

Trump says he's a democrat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mike-o posted:

Honest question.

They've never hung a president, and noone wants to be the first congress to find a president guilty of treason. If he is smart he had enough layers between himself and the fall guys that he wouldn't be brought up on charges.

They'd really need to fall under "close and continuing contact with suspected foreign agents" in order to mention the T word in charges. poo poo that happened pre-election or pre-transition is going to be hard to stick to the point where there's someone swinging from a gallows. Sure there might be enough to make people resign in disgrace, but unless Trump and co have Russian agents literally up their rear end to the elbow and it is provable beyond a reasonable doubt, then noone will hang for it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Honest question.

The people who became Trump's voter base have been slobbering knob all over Putin's strongman act for years, this is in the pro column for them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

The people who became Trump's voter base have been slobbering knob all over Putin's strongman act for years, this is in the pro column for them.

Yup, these are the same fucks that praised Putin for passing anti-gay legislation and encouraging violent put downs of Gay Rights marches.

The same people who backed McCarthy's Red Scare Witch Hunt are the ones ready to suck off the new Stalin.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Trump advisor endorsed Hungarian anti-Semitic militia. On tape.

https://twitter.com/powellnyt/status/849018517638742016

This is the same douche that sees jihad in everything and can't shut up about how alpha males are returning to government.

Didn't he wear the Nazi militia uniform to an inaugural ball? This is definitely not the first indication he's a Nazi.

Chapo Trap House has been my primary source of news about the guy, in fairness.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

Hold on to your accusations of fire, I found more smoke:

https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/849029612327890944

how reliable is buzzfeed news?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

unbutthurtable posted:

Didn't he wear the Nazi militia uniform to an inaugural ball? This is definitely not the first indication he's a Nazi.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sebastian-gorka-inauguration-medal-order-vitez-horthy

Basically yes, it was a huge callback to right-wing fascism, anti-semitism, and Nazism.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

unbutthurtable posted:

Not Nazi uniform, but he wore a medal honoring the ruler of Hungary that stood by idly during WW2 and the holocaust, dude also didn't take kindly to jews.

So basically just run-of-the-mill Trump adviser.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Two Finger posted:

how reliable is buzzfeed news?

legit now

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

http://www.theonion.com/article/kidnapped-journalist-forced-explain-isis-captors-w-54485

quote:

HAWIJA, IRAQ—Responding to his captors’ demands that he divulge who he is and what he was doing in the region, kidnapped journalist Tim Cascella reportedly found himself Thursday having to explain to several ISIS militants what BuzzFeed News is. “So, it’s part of a broader digital media network, and it started out as a spinoff from our entertainment content because that made more sense from an advertising perspective, but now it’s a separate news vertical of its own—it reports on stuff like any other news site, I swear,” said a frightened Cascella, who only seemed to perplex and anger his interrogators further when, after being asked to state his background, he mentioned that he got his start writing listicles for the website before eventually moving up to report on actual real-world events. “No, I don’t have a physical copy; it’s only online. We’re sort of like Huffington Post, if you’re familiar with that, but for a younger audience. Maybe you’ve done one of our quizzes? They’re very popular. If you just go to BuzzFeed.com—and try not to look at the homepage—then just click on ‘News,’ which is the first tab, it will bring you to actual news stories. I promise.” At press time, Cascella’s captors had decided to release him after determining that he was not a journalist

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
RIP privacy, Donnie signed it.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/849043681889931264

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Man, when he said for ever regulation he passed, he'd roll back two, he'd better have a good long list of regulations he intends to pass.

And let's be honest: The GOP has turned Trump's administration into "We have Obama and we're going to undo everything he ever did"

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Is this a good time to buy a VPN service or is this too hosed even for that

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So long any pretense we had at any sort of privacy, gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

who were those guys saying they'd buy certain congressmen's histories if it passed? i hope they come through on that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

Doesn't that just make you reliant on the VPN owner to not sell your stuff or spy on you?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Shaddak posted:

The way I look at it, both my parents are boomers (both born in '53). So, I'm not really a millenial, regardless of the year range.

Millennials fall into the middle/end of the baby boomers and the beginning of generation X. There isn't really a 1 to 1 mapping between a generation and its parents; generations are defined by the contemporary culture in which they grow up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

As long as your ISP isn't doing deep packet inspection then you can probably use a VPN fine. If they are using deep packet inspection and sniffing then they will have your encryption key for your VPN tunnel and will be able to see everything in it. The tools and hardware to do this are readily available and not hard to obtain for a corporate entity's internal network, now ISPs will be able to apply the same equipment to your connection at your house. You're hosed if your ISP wants to do this, basically.

http://www.netscout.com/product/enterprise/netscout-taps/

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 4, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Rape me in the rear end in a top hat Comcast, aw yeah.

Thanks for the new data cap while I"m at it and having to pay $120 a month instead of $60 like I've been doing for the past ten years because you arbitrarily decided I'm using too much of them internet tubes and I need to stop all the downloadin.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does this work retroactively? Like if I change my browsing habits now am I safe or should I just keep doing what I'm doing since I've already been doing it?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: Slow-speed car chase in Arizona. Dude already had his tires devoured by stop-sticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsX7FIf1D7s

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

bengy81 posted:

I will grant that millennial are the worst though, since I've heard people actually refer to themselves as millennials.

Disagree. Baby boomers are the worst. Their parents literally saved the world from Nazis, and the boomers celebrated by demanding an expansion of government-funded benefits that they could take advantage of while destroying the economy and pulling the ladder up after them, leaving their kids to pay into systems that will no longer exist by the time they can theoretically benefit. They experienced Vietnam, and then subsequently elected three presidents who dodged the draft. One of these presidents went on to start two wars that did nothing but get their kids liquefied by IEDs. They completely destroyed the power of unions (conveniently after their pensions had already fully vested) and then forced everyone to go to college before they hired them, all the while defunding subsidies to public universities, resulting in an unprecedented debt to income ratio among college graduates.

All of this, and they have the audacity to call everyone younger than them entitled for asking for living wages and benefits? gently caress the baby boomers.

psydude fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 4, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: Slow-speed car chase in Arizona. Dude already had his tires devoured by stop-sticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsX7FIf1D7s

pretty sure that cop just capped the dude as they went under the bridge

cop came up behind him as they came under an overpass then the camera showed only the cop leaving from the other side at high speed, the car never emerged :ohdear:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress boomers. gently caress GenXers. gently caress Millenials. gently caress Digital Natives. gently caress everyone to death and burn the remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Disagree. Baby boomers are the worst. Their parents literally saved the world from Nazis, and the boomers celebrated by demanding an expansion of government-funded benefits that they could take advantage of while destroying the economy and pulling the ladder up after them, leaving their kids to pay into systems that will no longer exist by the time they can theoretically benefit. They experienced Vietnam, and then subsequently elected three presidents who dodged the draft. One of these presidents went on to start two wars that did nothing but get their kids liquefied by IEDs. They completely destroyed the power of unions (conveniently after their pensions had already fully vested) and then forced everyone to go to college before they hired them, all the while defunding subsidies to public universities, resulting in an unprecedented debt to income ratio among college graduates.

All of this, and they have the audacity to call everyone younger than them entitled for asking for living wages and benefits? gently caress the baby boomers.

Pretty much.

• Locked thread