Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

suck my dick from the back two finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Please clap

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I hope that when all is said and done Sean Spicer ends up homeless

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If trump gets impeached lowtax should permaban everyone that toxxed for trump

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I mean, it doesn't come in a plastic jugg. The russian embassy serving military special would be though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I thought congress did budgets. What say does donnie get in budgets?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I dunno why people shame trump for being a draft dodger. Considering his ego and incompetence he would most def have gotten a lot of people killed. Him not going is probably the most patriotic thing he's ever done.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Well yeah I mean when you are acting against your own country's best interests what do you expect?

Also, I question the underlying assumption (correct me if I am wrong) that the Russians were somehow "caught", as in, they wanted to scoot Trump into the WH without getting noticed. Presumably the Russians are smart enough to know when they're being monitored by the US IC. The people who aren't smart enough are Team Trump. More on that shortly-

Russia is already vilified, especially in the last few years. They are so good at navigating fine lines re: reprisals from other states. Knowing that they have little to lose, doesn't it make more sense that Russia's sloppiness is deliberate, here?

Russia could easily turn their own negativity into a weapon by unilaterally hacking & leaking stuff, and then colluding with (or even just meeting with) Team Trump affiliates knowing how bad it would look down the road, knowing the US IC would be observing, and knowing that it would only take a little bit of drama for leaks on that revelation to begin. Now everyone has been undermined. Is Russia just trying to get us so hosed up with ourselves that we stop giving them a hard time?

Conspiracy theory: if this is a repeat of the Crimea model, then what is it that Russia is stealing before our eyes?

Either scenario is a win for Russia. They either get a puppet, or Trump gets impeached but not before throwing our country into chaos.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Given Assange's relationship to this poo poo, how long until Ecuador hands him over?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

In a decent timeline: Trump gets impeached and shares a jail cell with Assange

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

find and replace john galt with donald trump tia

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Dave Letterman: Bannon looks like a guy who goes to lunch, gets drunk, and comes back to the office: “Steve, could you have just one drink?” “gently caress you.” How is a white supremacist the chief adviser to our president? Did anybody look that up? I don’t know. How’s this interview going? Do you think you’re talking to a normal person here? Don’t I seem like I’m full of something?

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/david-letterman-in-conversation.html

good god david letterman looks GIP as gently caress

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if emma waton boobs get me probated then just loving ban me this thread needs it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

put this in llamas

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lets take off rank and go outside

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not to mention killed JFK

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm watching deep space 9 and I think the US is becoming Cardassia

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

suboptimal posted:

The alt-right will stop at nothing to corrupt beloved childhood literary characters.

https://medium.com/@cullen.crawford...dd20#.r1ytqz7t6

What's next, stickers of Calvin pissing on an interracial marriage?

my only take away from this is that the alt right has a stance on circumcision.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was sad when that coup got crushed.

:same:

I was hooting and hollering for those tanks

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Nothing matters, drink heavily

I was six tallboys deep by 2 Pm today

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

This story is one of those rabbit holes that somewhere around a 1/4 way down you are sitting at a table with a girl in a blue dress and some rear end in a top hat in a dumb hat thinking to yourself "drugs are bad kids, don't do them like me".

Then you keep going.

Somewhere past fully understanding where this hotel was built, which is around 1/3rd in, you start to just stare in awe that they were so blatant about breaking laws.

Fun fact: Bourke of Dooney and Bourke, a fashion accessory company, caught a 1 year prison sentence for doing business with many of the same people and agencies involved. Its all pretty :stare:.

On a side note: Heard some pundit say that the GOP would rather be talking about health care than trying to deal with this wire tapping poo poo.

No, dumbass, they don't want to say one word about that train wreck. The wire tapping stupidity is more than they could ever hope for at the moment.

In non-Trump news:

World's coolest Bond villain now building his test track for Hyperloop.

it is going to be like the scene from james bond where he travels through the oil pipeline on the gokart thing?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

It's one of those scary things really. Christ, look at the reasons used to lobotomize people. Famous and your daughter too wild? Dig around in her brain a bit until she is calmed down. Do you really want someone like Dr. Ben Carson declaring you mentally insane because you don't believe in God or some other insane poo poo? In a vacuum I'm for taking away guns from people that don't deserve them but the idea of Republican's deciding which rights you should or shouldn't have based upon their accessment of your mental health is scary as gently caress.

Similar subject is driving. Should old people who are going senile get their licences taken away? Yeah. But the logistics of living in the US without the ability to drive yourself to get groceries or other basic needs is loving insane if you don't have a support network which a lot of people don't. Your only son died in Vietnam, your wife died five years ago, and now you can't drive yourself anywhere. Congrats on literally never leaving your house until you die and the police check in on the smell a few months later. So it kinda comes down to "do we roll the dice on some old people killing people with a car or do we take away their only agency to be somewhat self sufficient".

PookBear fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 9, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

So uh hypothetically if we impeach Trump because of collusion between him and Russia, will that be considered an act of war? How do you respond to Russia getting their puppet elected?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

every russian ambassador just kinda has that look

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The rampant use of "Hence why" and abuse of "as far as" in this country makes my blood boil. Along with "should of", "egg-cetera", "for all intensive purposes" and that other good poo poo.

it would behoove you

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

You could pay 4chan that much to get an endless amount of lovely propaganda against Gulen

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I feel like we're coasting off our court system right now but if that ever goes the US is straight up hosed without a recovery options.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Not looking like Bannon is what is keeping me at a six pack a week isntead of one daily

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

At this point I fully expect Scott Pruitt and Rick Perry to reintroduce operation ploughshare but for fracking

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hopefully it doesn't involve him at the top

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kick-Puncher posted:

What was it that Putin did to remain in power?

he bounces back and forth between president and prime minister

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also Russia doesn't have a single loving generation that has grown up under a regime that isn't corrupt. Their society doesn't have the will to resist like we do because they've been under someone's boot heel their entire lives.

The only time in their current memory that they've had a leader attempt reform was Gorbachev and his glasnost but during this time period Russia went down hill the the Soviet Union fell apart and it dwindled down to just Russia. Putin came to power in 2000 when oil prices rose so in the Russian analogue of trump voter brain there is reform= bad economy strong man putin= good economy along with gaining prestige.

Putin has also had 17 years now to consolidate power and since he is currently leader for life, no one is really going to oppose him that wants to be a career politician/live long.
The only way this cycle is going to get broken is if we jump on the alternate energy train in a big way and crash oil prices by eliminating demand. Until the average Russian quality of life takes a huge loving nosedive under the leadership of Putin nothing is going to happen. Change doesn't happen in Russia until they're loving starving and out of bread.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 13, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Good luck as the head of the EPA is an Exxon man.

You can't stop scientific progress only delay it. Also Europe, China, and India exist.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I have my doubts. Their electorate follows the "Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed" mantra, have really bad political memory, and have suffered under GOP directed cuts already but still blame Dems.

Yeah but suffering under a democratic president under a republican senate is different than "literally everything is republican "

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://www.theonion.com/article/biden-chokes-while-describing-hardworking-american-53364

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

watch zuckerfuck ross perot the next election.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

zuckerberg would be willing to just buy twitter in order to ban trump from it though which would be funny

Seriously though if zuckerberg runs independent and pours a lot of money into his campaign we might be hosed. Our democracy depends on only having two viable candidates because if there are 3 then two of them are only loving each other over.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Arc Light posted:

Parliament just cleared the last legal hurdle for Prime Minister May to trigger Article 50 and bounce out of the European Union. While it could legally happen on Tuesday, Downing Street is expected to wait until month's end.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39262081

No brakes on the pain train, indeed.

"If your friends told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? Yes, yes we would"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

What the gently caress led up to this situation? Because when a cop pulls you over and is walking up to your car the correct course of action is not "pop out of your car aggressively holding your wallet making jerky motions that look like you're about to draw down on a cop"

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread