Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KildarX posted:

What is this day 50 something? Was obama's first x amount of days that exciting? I vaguely remember him closing git mo and then finding out it's kinda more complex than that and not really anything else.

The only thing that Obama stumbled this hard on in his first 100 days was closing Gitmo. He had a couple of dumb self-inflicted wounds (intervening in that idiotic snafu between Henry Louis Gates and that dumbfuck cop) but mostly he was focused on getting stimulus passed and shaping the beginnings of Obamacare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

I don't think this will go the way they think it will,

https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/837256212471246848

Uhhhhh.....

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mlmp08 posted:

Those JCC threats to harass a woman were done by a former The Intercept reporter. Lmao.

Gizmondo did a little write-up about him. He seems like a total stalker-boyfriend nut.

Disgraced Former Reporter Arrested for Cyberstalking Woman, Threatening Jewish Centers

Edit: Yeah, he's an Otherkin too.

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/837700102479294468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 3, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This is not just an expensive, massive target for thousands of Chinese cruise missiles. We're doing something important here.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

And if Trump is simply making up wild bullshit, it should be a scandal but somehow isn't.

Then he blows more of his own credibility, which he's been spending like a Redhat spends scratch off winnings.

We're not even 50 days into his presidency. :thumbsup:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
What is it with Trump and piss?

https://twitter.com/tmopho/status/838179592066088960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

holocaust bloopers posted:

What the hell happened to the guy?

Went to Berkeley, Hailed Trump, started poo poo. From there events get fuzzy, but piss was involved.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

It's one of three things:
1-Obama illegally had Trump's phones tapped
2-A FISA warrant was issued to tap Trump's phones
3-None of this is true and Trump just make a wildly false accusation because he'll repeat anything he sees on the screen like Ron loving Burgundy.

I hope it's #2. It's probably #3.

Same. I'm almost certain that #1 isn't true because Obama was always very careful about keeping a wall between politics and the JD, sometimes to his own detriment.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

also, who wants to be that comey is gone by the end of the week?

It would be a messy, public firing because Comey's built his entire self-image around the idea that he's an incorruptible Elliot Ness-style guardian of the public trust and there's no way that he would quietly resign.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
EU deciding that since England is jumping ship and Trump is unreliable they might have to start spending some defensebucks.

E.U. Moves to Create Military Training Headquarters

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

China gonna be piiiiisssed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo he's still alive?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

:stare: doesn't this just add to the evidence pile?

He's consulting for Turkey, probably Erodogan wanting to butter up Trump so that we don't woof too much when he turns Turkey into Russia jr.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

I would talk poo poo on Turkey but not as long as we are still friends with wonderful countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

I was sad when that coup got crushed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

What happened to the loving smoking hot RT newsreaders? Has Trump drowned them all in piss?

At home nursing bruises and cracked teeth after their boyfriends saw them glance out the window and accidentally catch sight of another man.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh thank god.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

If you believe in anything, loving pray to it that Ginsberg and longer female life spans work out in everyone's favor.

I don't believe in God, but I still pray for her continued good health daily.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blind Rasputin posted:

This invasive fungemia will not be an epidemic. It is already almost exclusively a pathogen that occurs in very sick ICU patients. This occurs because after a few weeks of high dose antibiotics and critical illness, a person's bone marrow and immune system are pretty much wrecked. They are also extremely nutritionally deficient by such a point and cannot keep even the most banal pathogens at bay. That's when fungemia sets in. Candida albicans is fairly common and easy to kill. This is terrifying that a candida species has become resistant to all of our antifungals, but high dose liposomal amphotericin B will usually still work. This often comes with renal failure, but most patients by this point are on CRRT or nearing it anyways. Sad.

Sounds like Staph, eats you alive when you're already hosed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I wonder if Brexit voters knew that this was the inevitable outcome of a "Yes" vote or if they deluded themselves into believing that the Scots would allow themselves to be dragged around by the nose forever?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

Parliament just cleared the last legal hurdle for Prime Minister May to trigger Article 50 and bounce out of the European Union. While it could legally happen on Tuesday, Downing Street is expected to wait until month's end.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39262081

No brakes on the pain train, indeed.

I still can't believe that they're actually going through with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

More like "We need to spend a gazillion dollars on ShotSpotter"

Does that thing work? They were touting it for a while around Minneapolis, but I don't hear much about it now which makes me suspect that it's garbage.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

fukken
https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/841790710600876032

lol

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/841789867659014144

Shame about Mattis though. Nobody will survive with their dignity/reputation intact.

Mattis knew what he was getting into.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Setting myself up to get punked by Trump again.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zeris posted:

Trump did say earlier than the strongest unused tool against Norks is China, and that he would leverage them via trade in order to produce better results re: Norks. I guess that's a decent/reasonable approach.

The hacking / sabotage stuff is cool and reminds me of the cold war, but it's just going to buy time until whatever big thing occurs.

Is assassinating KJU off the table still due to devil-you-know reasoning?

I think if anyone was going to assassinate Fatty, it would be China. I think that fear of that was what drove him to have Kim Jong-Fredo assassinated last month.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FastestGunAlive posted:

Trump should develop some sort of consolidated area for the branches of government and various agencies and departments could be conveniently located near each other so he wouldn't have to hold meetings in mar a lago every weekend

Capitol idea! But that sounds like something that we'd have to build up over a couple hundred years and staff with thousands of experts in dozens of departments.

Better just ask the nice guys at the club what they think instead!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

The Shaq stuff is mostly piggybacking off the Kyrie Irvin flat earth troll thing. Don't put much into it.

But, put some stuff into this! Donnie's basically filling his agencies with political spies because he doesn't trust the cabinet heads enough.

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/843602638872743937

lol. Let's appoint people who don't understand the core missions of their agencies but will totally rat out Trump's cabinet if they deviate from what these assholes perceive as the core missions of their agencies.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KildarX posted:

Don't the republican proposals disproportionately affect red counties and red states? A lot of suffering which is regretful, but a lot of schadenfreude as well.

I couldn't spite-write a piece of legislation that hosed rural whites harder.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

Short of the US invading, how does North Korea fix itself? Coup? Hope Jim Jong-un has no male heirs and then wait for him to die? Wait until everyone literally starves to death then simply repopulate it? Annihilate the entire country after they launch a fizzled nuclear weapon?

How do you fix a failed, rogue state led by a man baby who threatens to throw a nuclear fueled temper tantrum?

Honestly? Best case scenario is that they have a military clique off Un and take over with one of the other kids as a figurehead and then pull a Burma and agree to scrap their nukes/drug mills/whatever for a couple of really fat aid packages from the US and China. Let them stay independent and develop their economy without some crazed fattie at the top loving things up.

Pretty sure that it was fear of that happening which prompted Un to have his brother murdered.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

Wouldn't him keeping his mouth shut be the best thing for his administration at this moment?

Trump wouldn't be Trump if he could strategically keep his fat trap shut.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I feel real bad for any of you guys who are still in.

And anyone who's still eligible for IRR call-up.

And the rest of us because we're so hosed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Office Pig posted:

This seems like an insanely bad idea even outside of the obvious nepotism and corruption. It's bad enough we have Russian agents inside the White House, we don't need Canadian ones, too.

I think it's Jared calling in back up to try and right the ship of state. Trump's popularity is in the basement and legislatively speaking he hasn't gotten jackshit done. Ivanka is one of the few people who know how to keep Trump from breaking out into rear end in a top hat kid tantrums and blowing everything up around him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

I really don't want to get recalled from the IRR to go freeze my balls off while getting shelled assembling a river crossing in Best Korea, but I will say that it would almost be worth it if coincided with Big Uns eating a hellfire.

In a nuclear hellscape the cold would be moot.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Missionary Positron posted:

Apparently this dude covers the USMC nude photo-scandal:

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/844325003827052544

OORAH DEBBIL DOGGOS

So how much trouble is that guy in? Is this sort of thing going to get him tossed out of the Marines? Or do they not care?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMarkTakano/status/844628578918711297

Wow, it's like they don't want their own bill to pass!

Crazy thing is, Ryan added that provision because he thought it would get him another vote.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im waiting for the gritty sesame street reboot

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ABC reported that the guy wasn't drafted for the usual stint in the IDF because he was judged too mentally unstable.

Also...

Dems gonna filibuster Gorsuch.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bitch-rear end Black Irish thug.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Christie wants to save his legacy by doing something about opiate abuse. This is a bad plan because it's too complex an issue to make a dent in the time he has left, and also this is Chris Christie we're talking about. At best he'll just embarrass himself worse, at worst he does something that makes the problem even worse.

I'm looking forward to him leaving office in disgrace and then not hearing about him again until 3-4 years from now when he's given a suspended sentence and stripped of his law license.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

At this point, the dispensaries and growers are bringing in nearly Oil State money. Even the more evangelical among Colorado's legislators are not letting that money go.

Wasn't it something ridiculous like $3 billion in tax revenue the first year? No way any state is going to let that go once it starts getting it.

Edit: Looks like it was more like $1 billion last year, but that's still a big chunk of their budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

jesus christ this is actually where your country is at

:psyduck:

i still have trouble processing it, and motherfuck i thought bush was bad

330 million people, the most stable of whom are a half-step from screaming lunacy most of the time.

• Locked thread