Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

Also he has a very Southern accent which just exponentially increases how retarded he sounds.

There's no truly shaking a native Alabama accent. It can be dialed back, but it will always be obvious. Kind of like the Carolina hillbilly accent everyone outside any decent sized city has there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eh, I've tugged one off to worse.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Hotdogs are barely meat, who cares what goes with it

Chicagoans

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Charlie Rose is back on cbs morning news. I've missed the grumpy looking old bastard this past month and change.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Belgian Waffle posted:

That makes sense. I was really concerned.

Would you be racking up an abnormal amount of fines?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

imagine how much money the government would save if they didn't pay for poo poo like contractors mowing the lawn in the dead of winter when the grass isn't growing anyway

This depends on where the base is and other poo poo. One of the odd jobs I had during my hiatus from here was mowing lawns in the officer housing quarters of a AF base. It was a weird little detached community of about twenty houses and duplexes. They cut us off around the first week of november and called us back the last week of february. That's little base poo poo though, not somewhere big like Hood or Campbell.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit, if we have to live in the darkest timeline, why the gently caress can't we have aliens or bigfeet to go with this bullshit?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Snoop is great.

His music, not so much, but he's awesome.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
How long until zika season starts in full bloom? That should be an entertaining lesson to watch fully unfold.

Can't wait. Cannot wait.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Genocide Tendency posted:

You did understand when he was elected that he was going to completely dismantle veterans care and compensation right?

Because thats exactly what he will do.

Hopefully someone nuts up and takes a shot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

WWE is the deep state.

Actually, WCW is the deep state, given the fan base who voted for Trump.

WWE bought out and ate WCW whole like 15 years ago.

So the deep state is dead and was absorbed by the walking corpse of a bud light opera.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Offer Florida up to Cuba first, more of them there anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I want to say Florida started that ball rolling a decade-ish ago when reptilian space Governor Rick Scott took seat and weaseled a clause in about drug testing for unemployment bennies. Not a huge surprise since he formerly was on the board of LabCorp or some other similar company that makes tons of money on little bottles of piss. Want to say that lasted a while, but was eventually struck down by a court.

Or maybe I was just really high at the time and I'm completely misremembering it. Usually the case.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And none of them give a gently caress if you're using your unemployment to go buy handles of Popov vodka.

And for some reason we still don't drug test elected officials.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Every generation from here until eternity needs an Iraq war.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Let's be realistic. Any expansion in nasa budget is probably going to be spent on spy satellites.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trouble is, they already manipulate what you see, and privacy isn't much of a real thing. There's pretty much always a back door into your private poo poo, known about or not, and advertising is a horrendously dirty game that does everything to make you think less of their competitors, not more about their product.

It's like, I'll be watching something on hulu or whatever through my centurylink connection, and the picture is clear and great all the way through until a comcast/xfinity commercial comes on, and the quality goes to poo poo. One might think that centurylink is cutting video quality for competitor commercials, but because it's comcast/xfinity, it's more likely that they uploaded a poo poo resolution version of the commercial to be aired to make centurylink's look bad by forcing said poo poo resolution.

And seriously, if you haven't had your identity stolen yet, all it takes is a fuckup by a company you trust, like Target before their hack. Financial security is more like just being the lucky number not drawn from a very large hat.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Canada announced last year around 4/20 that it would be legalized (or at least that they'd start legislation) within a year, so it's about time and not a surprise.

I saw a couple of articles about how Colorado lawmakers are planning to avoid the DEA crackdown, but the feds are already here and have been knocking over dispendaries regularly as it stands, starting off with claims of trafficking across state lines because customers are doing leaving the state with their weed still in the bottle they bought it in, with the dispensary info all over it.

And the post office is finally cracking down on larger traffickers. There was a big bust last week of a guy shipping hundreds of pounds of weed through USPS, though they got caught because one of their package receivers pulled a gun on a mailman holding two packages of weed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Our governor here in Colorado, Hickenlooper (R), is hell bent on keeping the weed money. The municipalities that have allowed recreational sales are collecting taxes hand over foot, and the state has its own taxes in place to milk the cow.

Manitou Springs is a good example. They only have a handful of recreational shops open, conveniently next to a city with nearly half a million people and no recreational shops allowed outside of a few clubs (pay $5, you're a member for a day) that have been given a hilarious 8 years warning before the city shuts them down. Anyhow, Manitou levies a 25%~ tax on all recreational sales, and the prices there are double to triple what it goes for in Denver or Pueblo. That's a lot of drat side action that would go missing for that city if the feds shut down just one of their shops in town.

And the money (for the state, anyway) goes to funding poo poo like upgrading prisons, buying police equipment, and social safety net poo poo, as well as dumb poo poo like advertisements for telling kids pot makes you dumb.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

What kind of marijuana commercials do you guys get in those legalization states? Michigan is medicinal-only right now, but I've seen several ads along the freeway for the WeedMaps app, all about how to find your nearest dispensary.

At first glance, I thought it was a billboard for a new maps app like Waze, then I read the name and started laughing hysterically.

We have billboards and ads in papers and poo poo in Colorado Springs for medical. Recreational isn't sold in El Paso county because there's a ton of conservatives here, but medical trucks right on. I've seen billboards in Denver for medical and recreational, but I don't spend a lot of time up there so I'm not sure what depth the advertising goes to there.

There are no tv ads and I've only heard radio commercials for ancillary poo poo like pipes and grow equipment. Pretty sure you're never going to see any tv weed ads because no one wants to stir that pot of poo poo and be responsible for invoking a law against it, or it's already prohibited. I would assume it follows cigarette laws and doesn't advertise outside of print or digital media.

But there's plenty of "good to know colorado" commercials about parents talking to their kids about the risks related to pot (and other things, but pot is the obvious one). I don't think I've seen any ads against it, politically motivated or not, but Pueblo had recreational pass this last voting cycle and there's plenty of stories out there about the shady poo poo the anti-weed people were doing. At least one group got caught up in legal issues because they didn't file the proper paperwork to be a little political bitchfit.

Pretty much once the money starts showing its head in municipal pockets, no one wants to give it up. Colorado Springs will flip eventually, if for no other reason than the money.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thank gently caress the VA is funded a year in advance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I would pay to get New Joisy out of the union. Give it back to the queen with a stipend.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The french can have Mississippi and Louisiana. I have a small place in my hate filled heart for Alabama. Florida and Georgia can be set aflame or glassed over or have the government weather conspiracy machine wipe them out. Nothing can redeem either of them.
I spent a whole four miles of my life in Joisey and I flat refuse to waste another foot of transport or moment of time there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Confederate flags are bullshit anyway. The stars and bars were a unit designation flag for a batch of confederates in Virginia. It was used as a cornerpiece of a flag, squared instead of 5/3 dimension, and never adopted as an official confederate flag, though there were a handful for its short run.

It's pretty much a symbol of proud ignorance that those who buy into never understand.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll accept it worn ironically by the likes of Mandingo, and that will be my exception to "literally".

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, they have three hots and a cot now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bet trump sent kushie to iraq so he could have ivanka to himself for a day or three.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

Noted shitfuck governor Sam Brownback vetoed medicaid expansion in Kansas and the State Congress couldn't override the veto: https://twitter.com/AP/status/848942060677804035

Good. gently caress Kansas and all who live in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

And yet we're still counted as millenials it aint fair I tells ya

If you want to reach, Harvard classifies GenX as 1965-85.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress boomers. gently caress GenXers. gently caress Millenials. gently caress Digital Natives. gently caress everyone to death and burn the remains.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what about generation y

Gen y is millenials.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
IBM ps2. Clackety mechanical keyboard and all.

Years later I had a pc with a turbo button and it was tits for wolfenstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Third season premiere of rick and morty is running again on adult swim.

Warcraft 2 was awesome, but I somehow missed it until about a year before warcraft 3 came out, and never bothered playing it beyond that year or so. I got hooked on simcity 2000 at a young age.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 4, 2017

• Locked thread