Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The video isnt the only time he lied. People are sent written questions as a part of confirmation. One question asked if he had met with anyone or if he had information about any trump people meeting with Russians. Sessions' one word response was "no."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

psydude posted:

Sessions recused himself

Good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kirkland vodka is really good poo poo, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Burt Sexual posted:

Isn't it relabeled Grey Goose?

Its made from the same water source as goose, but different maker.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

It's made by the same company but filtered less iirc?

No they're both filtered the same. It's made from the same wheat and same water but a different manufacturer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The trump tweet with the picture of Chuck & Putin was sent from an iphone. It wasn't sent by Trump himself, but rather a staffer as an internal comms decision.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Number Ten Cocks posted:

That's nice. Are you saying they made up their FOIA results?

Right wing news source reports on thing that no left wing news source will cover because it undermines left wing policy. "LOL, that's a right wing news source, tell me when the NYT reports on something that will piss the masses off about women in the military!" Ok, then.

If it's false I'm sure we'll see some pushback from a DoD or Department of the Navy PR flack.

No, what he's saying is that it's something that's made sensational for no real reason. Why does it matter how many sailors get pregnant? Yes, deployment readiness and all that bullshit, but people get yanked from deployment for other medical issues all the time.

It's a hit piece on women to try to turn people's attitudes even more negative about pregnancy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If you identified a medical condition that made it 16% likely you couldn't complete a deployment you wouldn't be allowed to deploy. The Daily Caller has identified a condition that has a 16% failure rate associated with it. That's interesting and newsworthy, and there's even an easy to implement policy that can fix it and has worked in the past.

Women get pregnant. Its the circle of life. What's your point?

While I was at squadron I helped track manning for the entire DESRON. Pregnancy was just one of the myriad of reasons that people were yanked. Sadbrains took more sailors off of ships than pregnancies ever did. Additionally, women can continue to serve on a ship up to a certain time frame while pregnant.

That entire article is based off of cherry picked statistics and the purpose behind it is attack women.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Xenoborg posted:

Whats the Navy's stance on contraceptives? If there's nothing to do on the ocean but gently caress, might as well give them some condoms.

Typically sex underway is prohibited and I can't think of any time that it wouldn't be. However, women have free birth control and ship's medical has a ton of condoms that are pretty much available if you ask.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its targeted compilation of people committing crimes in the name of sharia law.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

Wouldn't killing your cheatin' spouse be a honor killing?

I don't think that list will have quite the make up they assume it will.

Of course not. That's a crime of passion. An honor killing is done because it is your religious (muslim) duty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

psydude posted:

Planes seriously use water extinguishers? I would have thought they'd use powder or foam given all of the electronic.

Depending on the dry powder it can wreck loving poo poo on electronics. If you ever use PKP near electronics you're junking them immediately after.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

If things haven't changed... The UCMJ has an other than missionary with spouse rule. Basically any sexual activity other than missionary with a spouse for any reason outside of conception is illegal. Believe it or not there are states that still have these laws on the books too.

They just don't punish someone for it unless its either another nail in the coffin or a guaranteed conviction when the rest of the big poo poo they want to nail someone on is unsure. Word was they busted a couple airmen on it at a base I was stationed at, but it probably was a Rod Stewart Rumor.

That's always been a gross misunderstanding of article 125.

quote:

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.

That article is only used to prosecute non-consensual stuff. "United States v. Castellano, 72 M.J. 217 (although Article 125, UCMJ, prohibits every kind of unnatural carnal intercourse, wholly private, consensual sexual activity between adults otherwise proscribed by Article 125, UCMJ, is constitutionally protected, absent some other fact)."

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 10, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mlmp08 posted:

Just lmao if you seriously think we should criminalize a consenting adult couple sharing nude pics or making a sex tape witch each other.

Article 120C already covers a lot of this stuff pretty well.

And blaming someone for taking a picture and then it gets stolen or redistributed without consent is somewhat like blaming someone for having money that gets stolen.

If you had a lock on your box none of the money would have been stolen from it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SwampDonkey posted:

According to Spicer, the president will donate his salary at the end of the year and he wants the press corps to help determine where it will be donated.

hahahahaha he's not even gonna forego his salary.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dead Reckoning posted:

They are certainly less litigious than alive people, but the jury awards and legal penalties tend to be higher. I highly doubt viability of the patient as a witness factors in to cops' procedures for rendering aid though.

I your shooting was justified, the guy can die and you're in the clear. OTOH, since you probably can't establish a meaningful patient relationship, if you try to treat the person you shot you likely open yourself up to civil suits for all sorts of malpractice (and their lawyer is definitely going to claim that whatever damages their client suffered were a result of your interventions rather than the bullet.) IANAL though, just suggesting what I see as plausible.

In Florida "A law enforcement officer, including a police officer, has a legal duty to provide aid to ill, injured, and distressed persons who are not in police custody during an emergency whether the law enforcement officer is on-duty or acting in a law enforcement capacity off-duty." Further, "A law enforcement officer rendering emergency aid to ill, injured, or distressed persons on-duty or acting in a law enforcement capacity while off-duty is acting within the scope of his or her employment" and is thus shielded from liability.

Now I can't speak to other states, but an officer here would be obligated to provide aid to the guy he just shot for no reason up to his level of competence and would be personally shielded from liability for any tort caused by said aid.

Here's a handy read if you're curious: http://www.myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Opinions/85E4F114E318503185256570006E05B3

Basically your entire post, in florida, is wrong.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 14, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smiling Jack posted:

I have some really bad news for you guys about how well cops are medically trained and equipped

I know the answer is none at all. And the law only requires aid up to their level of competence, so it's partially by design. I agree with KFFF that they should be at least EMT basic level trained with a moderate first aid kit. I know in most places firefighters are also EMT certified and there's really no good reason for police to not be as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woof Blitzer posted:

I think it would be a good idea but lol at trying to convince a bunch of old gently caress brass to spend money on it.

Oh yeah it would absolutely have to be mandated and funded for it to work at all and just :lol: at that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was about to point that out. How "in custody" is interpreted has a lot of bearing on how that plays out. Anyone the cops shoot is probably going to be in custody immediately.
Maybe to pick up evidence or search the vehicle? IDK, I'm just pointing out that the legal issues surrounding providing untrained medical aid to someone you just shot aren't as cut and dry as people seem to think.

A dude bleeding out crying on the ground is not in custody.

Also the only reason that custody is mentioned is that the question proposed for the advisory opinion specified out of custody. "1. Does a law enforcement officer have a legal duty to provide aid to ill, injured, and distressed persons, who are not in police custody, during an emergency?" The answer is yes police officers on or off the clock have a duty to provide aid up to their level of competence.

An officer absolutely has a duty of care to aid someone that is in custody. This was never in question. Once again, though, it is only up to their level of competence.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

should probably be covered in the academy, then have yearly refresher courses when not on duty. tourniquets or even simple pressure dressing to help mitigate some dude from bleeding out while you wait for the paramedics. maybe some more legal protection from being sued for rendering aid as well?

I'm almost certain that laws of most states will mirror Florida's because most of it is based on the common law peace officer duties of a sheriff. They are likely required to render aid up to their level of competence in most jurisdictions nationwide and covered from suit because it is in the line of duty.

Getting sued isn't why the cop doesn't help the guy he just ventilated.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So trump paid an effective 25% tax that was fueled in part by a junk golf course being claimed as a 40 million dollar write off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump hated the wall street guys like Romney because they were better at dodging taxes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The client copy is trump's copy. It came from him, someone close enough to him to have access to his old taxes, or the accountant who did them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Victor Vermis posted:

How do cops not have time and resources for quality training?

When I did my COMBAT DEPLOYMENT TRAINING I had to make sacrifices to get quality COMBAT LIFESAVER TRAINING - my unit adapted. Someone else played video games and jerked offin my barracks room, someone else sat at the armory staring at a weapon they cleaned the day before. WE ADAPTED. loving lazy pigs GET A REAL JOB.

Its not about having time. In some cases it's about not wanting to burden the cops with having to deal with extra poo poo. If you're not trained on first aid, you don't have to render any type thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He's half right.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Put cali, nevada, and arizona in their own and spin off the rest of the 9th as the new 12th

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VikingSkull posted:

The problem with this country is not that the left is idealistic and the right is nefarious, it's that both sides are partisan and refuse to work with each other to come to a sensible conclusion that eliminates the idealism of both fringes.

Yeah, though, continue to scream "not as bad!" as we circle the drain.

This reeks of the right's claim that Obama was divisive and caused all the partisanship when the rift was caused entirely by republicans. They pledged to create a rift and then stood at the other side blaming the black guy for the division. One party is refusing to work with the other to propose anything sensible. They can't even propose anything their own party feels is passable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They haven't doubled down on anything. There is literally nothing that any democratic member of congress can do right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There aren't any new democratic proposals for anything because they aren't in control of anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

You're right, but at this point it's not about that. It's about gathering support at the grassroots level. Instead we've got DNC leadership refusing to rule out ANOTHER Clinton run. They didn't learn a goddamned thing from this election and it's going to keep biting us in the rear end until they do.

The Democrats appear to have decided to just wait it out. If things get bad enough, those swing voters will come back. That's not a goddamned strategy, and it's why they're going to keep losing until they start getting active and finding their own charismatic leaders that aren't absurdly un-electable like Bernie.

At least where I live, this is not right. I'm a precinct chair for my area and have been to multiple executive meetings and precinct meetings. There is massive discussion at grassroots levels how we're going to get more people involved with voting and a bevy of issues that people are presenting to their representatives.

If you don't like what's happening, go get involved with your local party.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KildarX posted:

I know there's a moratorium on gun chat and punching hitlerites, but can there be also a moratorium on Bernie vs Hillary chat? At this point it's played out to "Bernie was more Charismatic/Bernie was Unelectable/Hillary is a black hole of charisma that hosed the DNC and all DNC Nobles should be hung" and nobody is changing their mind or having a new thought about it.

edit edit: Someone already talked about McDonalds slamming trump. Pretty funny

I agree, but want to add this: do not just bitch online. Get involved. Spend some time actually trying to change something instead of just bitching about change. If you want the democratic platform to say something different, you need to go get involved with it and start saying it.

You're comfortably shitposting on the internet about being disenfranchised when you are the perfect person to actually get up and do something about it. We are almost all privileged here with sainthood because we're veterans. People will at least listen to what you have to say based on that credential alone. Actually get involved with your local party and start talking to people, volunteering, and working towards a better goal. Nothing will change or improve unless you get out there and make it happen. In the end, we might fail. I might be wasting my time and effort, but god damnit I'm going to put in the effort and try.

Our country has been loving hijacked by people who literally want to dismantle it and a russian puppet sits at the top ready to set up an eternal state-sponsored oligarchy for his family and friends. I'm sorry to get all dumb and preachy about this, but get off your rear end and go do something about it. Write an op-ed for your newspaper at least. Anything at all to push for a better loving tomorrow, because if we don't we cannot expect anything but more of the same.

Seriously, though, its time to nut up or shut up about stupid political fighting. There is actual poo poo that needs to be done and you have the power to help do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The biggest thing that needs to change in the USA is over turning citizens united. There's way way way too much corporate money in elections now. That should be issue number 1. After that maybe term limits or someway to stop Congress people/elected officials from raising and only caring about donations.

Jeb! had hundreds of millions of dollars shoveled into his candidacy and got jack loving poo poo to show for it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is horrible. This budget is horrible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TBeats posted:

fair enough. but shouldn't it need to be a little of column A, as well as a little of column B? i guess my question is (operating under the assumption that budget cuts are necessary to ever get the deficit to a surplus and bring the debt down) what are some relatively specific (oxymoron lol) areas that the government unnecessarily wastes money, aside from defense spending?

nah we really don't have much to cut from the federal budget that is actually wasteful. Is there some wasteful spending? Absolutely. Is it an appreciable amount of any budget? Outside of defense, not really.

We are essentially a tax haven at this point, though, and continue to cut taxes for the wealthiest people for no reason.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

Nobody is arguing gut the military, but we don't need $50 billion MORE spent on it!

I am. We're still building tanks to park in the desert. We're still fighting a war in Afghanistan for no reason whatsoever. There are massive parts of the defense budget that could be cut.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Their space program is roughly mid-Apollo. They're operating their second space station, have demonstrated several spacecraft rendezvous, had two successful lunar orbiters (one is moving toward deep space to challenge their tracking systems), a fairly successful lunar rover, another planned to land on the far side next year, and a lunar sample-return mission planned for this year. They're hardly idle, and not far from where we were at our space program's public-eye zenith.

China has a massive problem, though, with domestically sourced precision parts. Every corner is cut at every step of procurement for even government operations in china that many things have to be built elsewhere and imported.

See, for example, China's airliner that they touted as chinese built:

There are a lot of barriers still to overcome before China is on par with the US in space travel, and it's in large part due to their 5000 years of loving people over and cutting corners.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Proud Christian Mom posted:

China has to overcome well documented science issues. We have to overcome well documented political issues. Personally I'm betting on the Chinese getting their first.

It's not science issues. It's not a matter of knowledge. It's a matter of precision industrial production. China is poo poo at making things like jet engines and other extremely low tolerance items. It's a cultural issue, not a science one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Our hard working never take a vacation in office president is currently on his golf course in Florida again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BigDave posted:

Was that ever actually proven? I thought the source was 3rd-party hersey.

The piss tape dossier was written by a well respected former british intel agent who had to go into hiding to safeguard his own life recently. Many parts of the report have been corroborated by various intelligence agencies around the world including our own. Crazy representative Maxine Waters said that the piss tape is legit as well, but as previously mentioned, she is crazy and says crazy things with frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Orgasm Sanction posted:

At least he showed up to a town hall, my congressman is too chickenshit to hold one.

Two of Marco Rubio's offices have been closed by the landlords because they were tired of people swarming them just trying to talk to their senator.

• Locked thread