Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The combine continues until March 6th. I dont see a thread about the Combine.

NFL Teams have until 4pm Today, March 1st, to designate Franchise Tagged players.

March 7-9: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2016 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

March 9: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2017 on all players who have option clauses in their 2016 contracts.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2016 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit. Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2017 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time. All 2016 player contracts expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The 2016 league year and free agency period begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2017 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Trading period for 2017 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2016 contracts.

Free Agency thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810811

The next exciting thing is the 2017 Schedule coming out in April (big event woo! lol) then the draft at the end of April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MrLogan posted:

Cowboys don't/didn't have the cap space to invest at RB.Use Zeke for 5 years then get a third round comp out of it and pay Prescott after they get out of cap hell.
I dont understand how they are still in cap hell. They have money invested in Romo, Dez, Smith, Frederick, Free, Carr, and...? Witten? Lee?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wait what happened to Parm?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CyberPingu posted:

He melted down hard because the Chiefs signed Tyreek Hill
Since October I havent been able to keep up wit hTFF much, and I never read GDTs, but I never saw Parm post about Tyreek at all. That is really strange.

Grittybeard posted:

More like he painted himself into a corner with his gimmick and couldn't figure a way out.
Well yeah his gimmick was awful and annoying. Almost annoying as "Andey".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

Russell Wilson is going to rub off on him.
Isnt Russell married by now?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CowboyKid posted:

Charlotte and Stephen own. And will soon literally own.
You predict the death of the Lich King?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Should have posted a screenshot, its gone.

Q_res posted:

See, I was thinking "Where's mine?"
:same:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bad Moon posted:

I was just making a joke about other things people never seem to understand :(
I, too, got it and thought that it was great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Scot Mccloughan's face looks like a giant angry red pimple ready to burst
I dont have it bookmarked or anything but someone posted a before/after picture of him before the alcoholism hit him hard and after he got out of rehab the first time. The difference was stark.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TBeats posted:

Use your head.
No, the other one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diqnol posted:

Can someone link me or explain to me why they think Bortles isn't a decent QB? I've seen that opinion around these parts for a while but statistically he seems pretty good, even if a bunch of it is garbage time.
Thats it. The garbage time and the 1/1 win/pick-6 ratio. The many sacks. a stupendous amount of his positive stats have been in garbage time (I dont know the numbers exactly), which I think is kinda bullshit because they have been in a number of games, especially in 2015 when he had his best year - they were in most of their games, but lost them eventually (sometimes because of picks, other times because the Jaguars have a lovely defense and no run game, other times because of missed field goals).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I drank two 9% Belgian Triples after dinner and completely sobered up before bed, and still woke up with a mild hangover the next day. I'm 31 :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

Hey now, you got Tony Bergstrom as a comp pick in the third (how did the 2012 Raiders get a 3rd round comp pick?).

Wait, and a 4th and 5th round comp pick? Who did you all let go in 2011?
Nnamdi and I forget who else. Maybe that poo poo WR that the Jaguars signed who bombed out of the league?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

It's bullshit in general because almost every player is going to go for the maximum earnings, Tom Brady's situation shouldn't be held up as the norm
Yes but Tony Romo is lucky to be playing for the Dallas Cowboys and should be thankful to there, and thus should take a discount!!!!1

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheChirurgeon posted:

Even if it weren't, Romo's contract has always been structured in ways that were friendly to (and determined by) the team. He's restructured every time they've asked to help make room for other players. Anyone making GBS threads on Romo about his contract is a loving idiot. But you knew that.
I am shocked, SHOCKED, that any Cowboys fans would be loving idiots about Tony Romo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:stare: I get the impression that getting all of that out coherently was a challenge.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

Stevie Johnson giving prime Revis fits was pretty good too.
I will never forget that drop of his to lose the game vs the Steelers when Fitzmagic was alive in Buffalo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pops Mgee posted:

Ted Ginn is the Squirrel Girl of the nfl.
I was going to ask what that makes Steve Smith, but Steve Smith retired :sigh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eli Wiggum posted:

Today is the 4 year anniversary of FaxGate
poo poo, that was only 4 years ago? Feels like forever ago.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anals of History posted:

It's loving March. If he looks sloppy and out of shape three months from now, maybe then it'll be time to worry. I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that I have no idea what kind of injuries he took during the season that might still be healing and that he and his trainer know his body better than I do.
You're obviously not a beat writer for the Jets.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/status/842941992854323200

That would be kinda dumb since they have Yeldon and spent money on Ivory...
It doesnt matter who the RB is because the OLine is absolute trash. Probably the second worst behind the Seahawks, or at a minimum bottom 5. Yeldon has shown some flashes but has mostly been mediocre, and he gets injured often. I like Ivory but I think his style works better when he has a functional OL.

If the Jaguars draft Fournette (or any RB) at 4 I'm rooting for the Raiders in 2017.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

But there isn't an offensive lineman worth a top five pick. Fournette arguably is. You already have a lot invested in your defense and receiving corp, so there is a logic to grabbing him.
I agree with your first sentence. I think there are better players to draft at 4 though. I really like Solomon Thomas and an argument could be made for other players that will be available at that spot.

I'm pretty sure Fowler is a bust, so a DE wouldnt be a bad pick. A trade back, even a few spots, to be in a more appropriate position to take a lineman would be nice, too.

I'm not saying I know what they SHOULD do, but I have a strong opinion on what they should NOT do (which is draft a Running Back at 4).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

I'm just saying that Fournette wouldn't be that crazy a pick for them.
I think Fournette would be crazy because the Jaguars don't have the OL that the Cowboys do, so drafting a top tier RB in the same spot will not have a similar effect.

Yeldon was a high second round pick and he ain't done poo poo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TBeats posted:

Fournette isn't the back for that.
My point exactly. He doesnt look like he runs like Beast Mode.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

1 Empty casing
5 rounds remaining
2 dead dudes
You think Lord Waffle Beard is smart enough to know that a Revolver only holds 6 bullets? He probably watches some dumb anime where the mary sue protagonist has a revolver thats a seven shooter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Yo i hate Marquette King
You really shouldnt share all of your bad opinions.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Remember when they wanted to trade for Kaepernick last year as long as he'd redo his contract?

Wonder why they haven't shown any interest this offseason.
Siemian was better than expected, they drafted someone in the first, Kaep has another season under his belt where he was bad, and the Broncos have a new HC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I love the new thread title.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alaois posted:

Quarterbacks aren't always the best. It's a team effort!
Damnit, came to post this :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Muslims, stereotypical butter churners

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I got Denver if no one claims them. I'll defer to any fan who actually keeps up with college players tho

E: nevernind Ross wants 'em
Dont let Ross draft fro Denver!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I got to see Jagr play last year and I couldnt believe my eyes. He only rotated in for a few minutes at a time but he was still top notch from what my poor hockey knowledge could tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fine you fucks, I'll post the April thread, too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815855

• Locked thread