Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Comprising is fine. It's even a synonym of composing.

www.m-w.com posted:

comprised; comprising
transitive verb

1: to include especially within a particular scope
… civilization as Lenin used the term would then certainly have comprised the changes that are now associated in our minds with “developed” rather than “developing” states. — The Times Literary Supplement (London)

2: to be made up of
The factory was to be a vast installation, comprising fifty buildings. — Jane Jacobs
The play comprises three acts.

3: compose, constitute
… a misconception as to what comprises a literary generation. — William Styron
… about 8 percent of our military forces are comprised of women. — Jimmy Carter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Metapod posted:

a lot of people in this thread slandering the excellence that was rookie rg3 and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

Nah, that's fair. That first loving game was goddamn amazing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Kalli posted:

I was looking around for something and found something pretty novel, a game in which a team never played a 4th down:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812210det.htm

Not true. Second quarter, 9:54 to go, there's a 4th down play. Then again with 3:37 to go, then in the 3rd with 11:36 to go, with 7:12 to go, with 1:56 to go, and finally again in the 4th with 6:25 to go.

Did you look at the play by play?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Those were all Detroit 4th downs, I think he meant that the Saints never played a 4th down

Grittybeard posted:

A team, not both teams. The team that scored 7 points in that game predictably had plenty of 4th downs.

Got it, apparently misread "a team never played a 4th down" as "no team ever played a 4th down" rather than "one team never played a 4th down."

Has there been a game where neither team played a 4th down?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Sorry but Brady is a better passer.

Behind Brees, Ryan, and Cousins in Yds/G for 2016 Regular Season.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._YARDS_GAME_AVG

Behind Roethlisberger, Brees and Rivers for 2015.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...qualified=false

Behind Brees, Roethlisberger, Luck, P. Manning, Ryan, Cousins, E. Manning, Rodgers, Palmer, Foles, Sanchez!, Rivers, and Stafford in 2014. What the gently caress happened to Brady in 2014?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...qualified=false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Kalli posted:

Out of curiosity I grabbed a list of each guy they wrote about for Sackseer from 2012-2015 and tossed the rankings in a list:

It's actually a healthy bit better then I thought it was with some obvious misses.

Which way does it miss (I don't know these guys that well)? If all the misses are in the same direction, it could still be very useful.

• Locked thread