Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Not really a bad thing. Team message boards are loving awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't your super accurate robo kicker be the one kicking off, so you wouldn't have to worry about him kicking it out of bounds or pinning them inside the 10 - he could just do it?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Eh even a super accurate kicker could not account for a bad ball bounce

Yeah but what if he could

what then

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He eats just like my almost 100 year (in a couple weeks y'all!) old grandfather - with his front teeth

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like how you guys are calling Glennon a journeyman QB when he's only ever been on one team. He also hasn't been completely awful, but he hasn't blown the doors off either. McCown started over him because he was coming off of that mystical season in Chicago where he was somehow good and Lovie brought him in.

I'm not saying that I believe that he's worth what's being reported, but I also don't think he's as bad as you guys are making him out to be.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

Are you his agent? Glennon is terrible.

lol he's not terrible. He hasn't been good to great, definitely mediocre but he's played on some god-awful teams. You idiots are acting like he threw pics every time he took a snap. He's got a positive TD/INT ratio and a not bad QB rating.

Volkerball posted:

He's showed enough upside that I'd take him as a guy who could compete over some 33 year old retread. Not at 14mil AAV tho you must be high

Pretty much this but I guess my disagreeing with him being awful obviously means I think he's on par with HOF Qbs.

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair to him if you were so inclined you could imagine things to hope for after his rookie year. He got screwed over by the regime change and Lovie wanting no part of him, then after that year it just happened that there was a legit #1 prospect at QB when they had the top pick. So yeah he's not sitting behind a hall of famer, but he's sitting behind the current front office's guy who has looked pretty good and given them no reason to give Glennon another chance.

Also this

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tebow batting 8th in today's Mets - Red Sox spring training game

1pm ET

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Tebow batting leadoff at bottom of inning 3 :siren:

Update: Tebow walks out to cheers and standing ovation?

haha caught looking on 4 pitches

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 8, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To recap Tebows game, he went 0/3, struck out looking twice, grounded into a double play with bases loaded, was walked after being hit by pitch but then was doubled up on first when he lead off too far and couldn't get back to the base in time.

He's starting in the outfield on Friday!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Tebow is like a version of those Hanson brothers from the movie Slapshot. Has no ability to really do anything but his gimmick draws fans so they send him out there.

Meanwhile the MLB has no loving clue how to market it's players so generational talent like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper aren't household names. I have zero interest in NBA and never watch but I know who all the stars are.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait so they didn't get anything in return? Just take this dude and his contract plus this pick and we call it square?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can remember going out on a tuesday night in college for $1 beer night and spending like $40 and waking up for a 9am class all sunshine a rainbows feeling fine.

If I did that now I'd probably call in sick to work and toss around the idea of blowing my brains out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Lol because he shouldn't even be in single A or for some other reason

The guy is awful and the only reason they're keeping him on any roster is because of who he is. I'm sure whatever Mets Single A affiliate is will sell the gently caress out of their games because Tebow is playing and the Mets will also likely sell a ton of jerseys. I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to buy a Tebow jersey from the store on gameday even though he'll never break an MLB roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BTW I-85 in Atlanta caught on fire and collapsed and honestly the jokes are too easy so I'm gonna let you guys run with it

• Locked thread