Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The Moon Monster posted:

I had a lego separator in the early 90s, but I didn't know what it was 'til years later so I never used it.

Same. I used the good ol' "Mooooooooooom!" method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Lego separator worked very well, like 100 percent success rate for small bricks.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sam Neill's really been pumping out som epic star-studded movies lately.
https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/1264105443724390400?s=20

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pick posted:

I don't know where I'd have even gotten the separator growing up! <:mad:>
You ordered alongside the latest sets from your quarterly Lego catalog like a true Lego Maniac™

Edit: Apparently their original bag illustrated their use by showing you how to slowly dissect a Lego man.

Knormal has a new favorite as of 21:48 on May 23, 2020

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Knormal posted:

You ordered alongside the latest sets from your quarterly Lego catalog like a true Lego Maniac™

Edit: Apparently their original bag illustrated their use by showing you how to slowly dissect a Lego man.

I thought that sticker was on my tablet screen for a bit longer than I’d care to admit

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Same.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Knormal posted:

That lego man is still alive, you're vivisecting him.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nowadays most big boxes come with a separator and if anything you end up with more than you know what to do with.

A goon over in the LEGO thread in DIY said he uses all his extras as beer bottle openers, and I think that’s a good idea.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Lodin posted:

Sam Neill's really been pumping out som epic star-studded movies lately.
https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/1264105443724390400?s=20

Sam Neill could boil babies alive and eat them and I'd still love him.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Railing Kill posted:

It's weird that ancient Egypt had a British PM. :shrug:

Oh? Is there a second pig behind that object?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/CdD2rHh.mp4

me, the day after getting drunk after getting home from a 7-day field exercise where I ate nothing but MREs

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I swear on my mom and my cats' ashes that I am not making this up.

I am 46 years old, meaning I was reaching peak LEGO in the early-mid 80's. My grandpa was big on writing letters to companies (both complaints and complements), and I followed suit when he showed me how to use a typewriter. I wrote to LEGO USA in Enfield, CT a few times, and one was to say "y'know, you should make some sort of tool to get the stuck LEGO apart! I use the thin end of the wrench that comes with some of the figures."

I got a nice personally signed letter back from their rep, Susan... crap, can't remember her last name. I have her letters in a box somewhere. Anyways, her response was essentially "that's so creative, and a great idea [lil' JD]! We'll take that into consideration!"

Years later, my nephew is a Legomaniac and he whips out this thingy that separates bricks. While happy for LEGO enthusiasts everywhere, I can't help but think I just lost a fortune because I didn't have the wherewithal to patent this idea when I was, like 9 years old. :(

edit: As is usually the case, I remembered Susan's last name sometime in the wee hours of the morning. Well goddamn, now I'm even more crushed. According to this 1981 article, Susan Williams is not a real person. :(

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0.../8490360907200/

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 15:24 on May 24, 2020

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!
PYF Funny Pictures: Cucked by Lego when merely a babe

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Years later, my nephew is a Legomaniac and he whips out this thingy that separates bricks. While happy for LEGO enthusiasts everywhere, I can't help but think I just lost a fortune because I didn't have the wherewithal to patent this idea when I was, like 9 years old. :(

You got hosed. They didn't even file an application until 1989. https://patents.google.com/patent/US5349734A/en

Goondolences.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I sent Nintendo a letter saying they should make a camera cartridge for N64 like the Gameboy Camera. They sent me a nice letter back. It probably said thank you but we can't take ideas from fans. Years later I figured that having a camera tied to a console would have been absurd. A few years later Microsoft made the Kinect.

I guess I was vindicated on both counts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Canadian border

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Audio activate.

https://i.imgur.com/5XEn2DR.mp4

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
The Mallard menace

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
:captainpop:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Solar Tornado posted:

The Mallard menace

The Drake Menace is right there :colbert:.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Drake Menace is right there :colbert:.

Nah she looks too old for Drake

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

Nah she looks too old for Drake

:randpop:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What the duck is happening to her? I'm sorry

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Untitled Duck Game

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dick duck goose

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cartoon Man posted:

Canadian border

This is what Americans believe!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Solar Tornado posted:

The Mallard menace

This is clearly the Mallard reaction especially since she's trying to brown her outer layer

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Cartoon Man posted:

Canadian border

What will really blow your mind is that Canada is on the RIGHT. The left side is Minnesota.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

This is clearly the Mallard reaction especially since she's trying to brown her outer layer

:colbert:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Master Twig posted:

What will really blow your mind is that Canada is on the RIGHT. The left side is Minnesota.

Of course. Ask any Canadian. It's not cold until the Oxygen turns blue.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://twitter.com/vladadraws/status/1264355635434418177?s=21

E: I don’t know if I’ve ever seen one of these kinds of things where not one single item makes sense

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 24, 2020

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm Popular Problem.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Beans, gentlemen

:smugdog::pipe:

"foul" is one of the few things spelt correctly here, it's pretty tasty

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Data Graham posted:

E: I don’t know if I’ve ever seen one of these kinds of things where not one single item makes sense

They figured it out.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes “chicken” is easily mistranslated as “chicken dump truck”, I can certainly understand that

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Data Graham posted:

Yes “chicken” is easily mistranslated as “chicken dump truck”, I can certainly understand that

I've definitely been stoned enough to want a whole dump truck full of chicken.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Data Graham posted:

Smdh if you’re not “dumping thickness”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

*singing as Elvis Costello*
"She... is suspicious... of cheese"