Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

:vince:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The mug is :discourse:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I swore I saw a prank box for a device that sits around your neck that you attach your phone to, and the phone rests like a foot and a half away from your face. Then a year or so later I saw it for sale for real, and bought one for the GF. She actually loves it. Wonder how many senior dads would love that visorganizor.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Parallelwoody posted:

I swore I saw a prank box for a device that sits around your neck that you attach your phone to, and the phone rests like a foot and a half away from your face. Then a year or so later I saw it for sale for real, and bought one for the GF. She actually loves it. Wonder how many senior dads would love that visorganizor.

We have one too

Got it for my gf when she herniated a disc and was laying flat a lot.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah that thing! Looks goofy as gently caress and I swear I saw it as a prank gift until I guess someone decided "hell let's try to actually sell it." She says it's one of her favorite gifts I've given her, which probably speaks more to my general gift giving ability than the quality of the product.

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer

Railing Kill posted:

You buy a thing from Amazon, have it shipped to them, and they throw your wedding gift toaster or whatever in a box cheerfully labeled "Jumbo Double-Ended Dildo" and send it to your friend.

Can you imagine how pissed you would be opening the box for your Jumbo Double Ended Dildo and it's just a toaster.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Parallelwoody posted:

Yeah that thing! Looks goofy as gently caress and I swear I saw it as a prank gift until I guess someone decided "hell let's try to actually sell it." She says it's one of her favorite gifts I've given her, which probably speaks more to my general gift giving ability than the quality of the product.

Yeah I bought one of these at the dollar store to poke fun of my husband. He uses it all the time and it lives beside the bed now.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Megabook posted:

Can you imagine how pissed you would be opening the box for your Jumbo Double Ended Dildo and it's just a toaster.

the brave little toaster that would boldly go where no toaster has gone before

e: captain kirk, kirk johnson

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Parallelwoody posted:

A lot of things in this vein originated as tools for people with disabilities. Still a good gift!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

LifeSunDeath posted:

We have one too

Got it for my gf when she herniated a disc and was laying flat a lot.

I got one of these at a small white elephant gift party a few years back. Required you super glue some end piece to the back of the phone.

This was the gift a girl brought when the spending limit was $50.

I brought a nice bottle of booze. That’s what I get for trying to do something nice.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I got one of these at a small white elephant gift party a few years back. Required you super glue some end piece to the back of the phone.

I brought a nice bottle of booze. That’s what I get for trying to do something nice.

Gift giving isn't about what you get in return, I think that's like the opposite of the spirit of gift giving.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Also not in the spirit of gift giving: spending 4 dollars at Walgreens when 50 is the limit.

That limit was to encourage people to not bring dumpster gifts to the party but try to be useful and/or funny.

It was nice to see everyone steal my gift multiple times though :keke:

Haptical Sales Slut has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Sep 19, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The power move is to give the coolest gift at a white elephant exchange and be all nonchalant when it comes up.

Image tax (:nws:-ish)

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
gonna show up to the white elephant with $50 dollars worth of cornchips

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Or???

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
no one said theyre mutually exclusive

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I haven't had a real burger in months, does that count

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Like burgers xor happy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1306980029809790977?s=20

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

gonna show up to the white elephant with $50 dollars worth of cornchips

Tastes like regret.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1307687715845156867

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Knormal posted:

Like burgers xor happy.

That would mean if I had a burger I couldn’t be happy which is patently false.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

dialhforhero posted:

So I just realized there is a non-zero possibility there have been experiment with jacking off in space and studying your junk and spunk and I think this is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RsLNwVAAos

If you nut in space it push you backward?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Have you ever had sugar

Or PCP

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Have you ever had sugar

Or PCP

RIP

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Nuts and Gum posted:

The entire point of a white elephant gift exchange is to give out stupid stuff. Otherwise it's just a regular gift exchange.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

One year at ours it was "either white elephant or something fun". My recipient didn't seem impressed with the battery powered ear wax vacuum. Even thought it clearly said "As seen on TV"!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

One year at ours it was "either white elephant or something fun". My recipient didn't seem impressed with the battery powered ear wax vacuum. Even thought it clearly said "As seen on TV"!

years ago I brought a Donald Trump doll that had a hard head you could whack on things for therapeutic purposes and left with a giant goose trivet, which I then gifted to my mother, who loves trivets. all in all, a success.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/8Wq9V15.mp4#t=0.01

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that kid's going places

as soon as the tow truck gets there

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

blatman posted:

that kid's going places

as soon as the tow truck gets there

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Must be why he started saying "beam me up, Scotty"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

fartknocker posted:

You’ll also see stuff like that in stores before the holidays. I saw these two a few years back at a Bed Bath & Beyond.

Years ago I was browsing the videogame section of Best Buy and they had something similar with fake game slipcases you would put over the real game.

Parallelwoody posted:

A nerd toy website did a thing where for April Fool's Day they mocked up this:

A tauntaun sleeping bag with the interior print being guts and the zipper pull tab a lightsaber
however it turned out people liked it so much they ended up actually producing them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

muscles like this! posted:

A tauntaun sleeping bag with the interior print being guts and the zipper pull tab a lightsaber
however it turned out people liked it so much they ended up actually producing them.

That's the smartest way to do your product market testing ever.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

we've had it for like 5 years now and we love it

also our cats love to sleep nestled up against the head

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Years ago I was browsing the videogame section of Best Buy and they had something similar with fake game slipcases you would put over the real game.

Years ago I got my cousin the Final Fantasy game he was looking for and grabbed some Brittany Spears game out of the dollar bin and swapped the discs. I then scanned the FF game disc and printed it out on adhesive vinyl and put it on the Brittany disk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5buqVnYiswA&t=43s