Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tashilicious posted:

autism parents are the worst loving thing

No the worst are parents saying their perfectly normal kid is an "indigo child" who will heal the earth with his old soul because they can't live with the idea of having normal children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

No the worst are parents saying their perfectly normal kid is an "indigo child" who will heal the earth with his old soul because they can't live with the idea of having normal children

I thought the "indigo child" parents were the new-age people with too much money who didn't want to believe their kids are autistic?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn im happy that my kids are just regular idiots.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tashilicious posted:

yes
it is

and autism support groups will kick you out of there if you go "That's some real hosed up poo poo yo" because it's not about supporting autistic people, or kids, and trying to help them. It's about making sure the parents are special and important and everyone knows how hard they have it.

:wtc:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought the "indigo child" parents were the new-age people with too much money who didn't want to believe their kids are autistic?

pretty much

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They are new-age parents, but the children aren't autistic. Mostly normal children but the parents want them to be special soo much they just jumped on the label the moment it was invented.

"My kid doesn't respect authority! He's going to lead the world into the new age"

Actually most of the time it's more these parents who have undiagnosed mental illnesses

e: oh and I forgot that they even came up with an upgraded version, the "crystal children", so the parents who claimed their kids are indigo are now conflicted because a better, more powerful version of the magical child exists. It was a good marketing idea to sell even more books after the first fad

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 11:05 on Jan 3, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They are new-age parents, but the children aren't autistic.

What kind of spectrum doesn't go all the way to indigo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They are new-age parents, but the children aren't autistic. Mostly normal children but the parents want them to be special soo much they just jumped on the label the moment it was invented.

"My kid doesn't respect authority! He's going to lead the world into the new age"

Actually most of the time it's more these parents who have undiagnosed mental illnesses

e: oh and I forgot that they even came up with an upgraded version, the "crystal children", so the parents who claimed their kids are indigo are now conflicted because a better, more powerful version of the magical child exists. It was a good marketing idea to sell even more books after the first fad

Oh no, Hypercubic zirconia children exist?
my darling Sztayfaenn is but a simple Deepspace Nebuloid child, how will he cope in this hypercubic future?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lizard Combatant posted:

What the actual gently caress Aldi?!

I used to buy these for my dog when he was a puppy :(

It’s just a rabbit butt.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Maybe this short video will enlighten you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ZlURnXyXY

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

I feel the same everytime I do LSD

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
My child is fcc [111] compliant.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
More than one what?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

More than one what?

More than one alien race

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What if I'm less than one?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

What if I'm less than one?

congrats on being sane I guess

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Even if they believe they used to be aliens and reincarnated as humans, how can they possibly believe themselves to be so drat specific that they know which hidden planet in the universe they used to live on in life #12

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

Even if they believe they used to be aliens and reincarnated as humans, how can they possibly believe themselves to be so drat specific that they know which hidden planet in the universe they used to live on in life #12

These people also hear gods and angels speaking to them in their head. Why do you believe they are even capable of critical thinking?

It's all about them longing for meaning in a meaningless world. But instead of creating meaning by themselves, they read poo poo like this and think "wow I'm special! No need to worry the universe has a special destiny for me, I can sit back and relax while sharing my insights on FB about how the world needs more love"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
content for the content gods:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

These people also hear gods and angels speaking to them in their head. Why do you believe they are even capable of critical thinking?

It's all about them longing for meaning in a meaningless world. But instead of creating meaning by themselves, they read poo poo like this and think "wow I'm special! No need to worry the universe has a special destiny for me, I can sit back and relax while sharing my insights on FB about how the world needs more love"

Man, Cherokee Billie is a colossal piece of delusional poo poo. The sad thing is that there are people who will gladly give her their money and believe every word she says or writes.
https://www.cherokeebillie.com

"I am an Ordained Interfaith Minister Working as a Spiritual Consultant who accesses Spiritual Guidance, via Angels, Prayer, Clairvoyant, Psychic, Transpersonal Psychology, and Naturopathic Healing - which is done by phone or email. Together we will work towards guidance, removing blockages, and soothing your wounded soul, so that you can achieve a satisfied life."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Man, Cherokee Billie is a colossal piece of delusional poo poo. The sad thing is that there are people who will gladly give her their money and believe every word she says or writes.

"I am an Ordained Interfaith Minister Working as a Spiritual Consultant who accesses Spiritual Guidance, via Angels, Prayer, Clairvoyant, Psychic, Transpersonal Psychology, and Naturopathic Healing - which is done by phone or email. Together we will work towards guidance, removing blockages, and soothing your wounded soul, so that you can achieve a satisfied life."

She looks like she's Alfred E Neuman's mother.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Man, Cherokee Billie is a colossal piece of delusional poo poo.

Most new-age grifters are. The more presence they have online, selling books, doing seminaries, the more they are pieces of poo poo. Some get so invested they even end up believing their own bullshit.
All this psychic healing universe is really unhealthy, with all kinds of gurus preying on all kind of fragile people who would do anything to be told they are special.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Not surprised that Scott Adams has turned his characters into furries tbh

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Tashilicious posted:

yes
it is

and autism support groups will kick you out of there if you go "That's some real hosed up poo poo yo" because it's not about supporting autistic people, or kids, and trying to help them. It's about making sure the parents are special and important and everyone knows how hard they have it.

The amount of rampant misinformation alone in those circlejerks is terrifying.
Most professionals I know who work with autistic children will tell you that the worst part of their day is when the parents come to pick the kids up from school or whatever and they have to deal with them for 10min.
They all also violently hate the 'autism community' (usually consisting of those same parents) and instead prefer to section themselves off as the 'professional' side of the community and have absolutely nothing to do with the others unless directly required for work.
They genuinely want to help the kids, but most consider the parents just complete lost causes.
This also may just be the area I'm in which generally just has pisspoor mental health infrastructure/education/shitgiving.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

content for the content gods:

Funny thing, i'm pretty sure that second one is from an SA photoshop thread. That .gov site had some godawful drug scare things and the goon's "improved it". There was some talk of releasing them into the wild and see which one came home...welp.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Yet another person that looks like they got drugged by Dr. Lecter and told to cut their face.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is a goblin wearing personface. This is my vulture and this is not ok and that typo stays lol

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Rysithusiku posted:

The amount of rampant misinformation alone in those circlejerks is terrifying.
Most professionals I know who work with autistic children will tell you that the worst part of their day is when the parents come to pick the kids up from school or whatever and they have to deal with them for 10min.
They all also violently hate the 'autism community' (usually consisting of those same parents) and instead prefer to section themselves off as the 'professional' side of the community and have absolutely nothing to do with the others unless directly required for work.
They genuinely want to help the kids, but most consider the parents just complete lost causes.
This also may just be the area I'm in which generally just has pisspoor mental health infrastructure/education/shitgiving.

Eh, 99% of the parents are a delight. Its the 1% that are constantly late, skip meetings, never communicate with the team, refuse to do even the smallest therapeutic things with their child, and instead put the child through numerous dangerous pseudoscience 'miracle cures' that no one wants to deal with. Its just that that 1% creates the 100% of the complaints. Nothing like a BCBA, SLP, and OT working for months to teach a kid to talk, only for the parents to chalk it up to essential oils and then fail to encourage the child to talk at home to the point that all the hard-won progress is lost.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Dienes posted:

Eh, 99% of the parents are a delight. Its the 1% that are constantly late, skip meetings, never communicate with the team, refuse to do even the smallest therapeutic things with their child, and instead put the child through numerous dangerous pseudoscience 'miracle cures' that no one wants to deal with. Its just that that 1% creates the 100% of the complaints. Nothing like a BCBA, SLP, and OT working for months to teach a kid to talk, only for the parents to chalk it up to essential oils and then fail to encourage the child to talk at home to the point that all the hard-won progress is lost.

yeah this may just be the area I'm in, but it's a muuuch higher percentage of the bad ones around here.
glad to know elsewhere is better though!
(the horror stories I heard and the few non-professionals I met are a decent chunk of the reason I decided I wanted nothing to do with autism-related work)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These all own, thanks. :3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Looks just like Dana Carvey

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
This page is weird, here's some cats.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

*Furiously looking for audio controls.*

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

You loving bastard. I just got fired for laughing so loudly I woke up the boss.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The description was "Modern recreation of Roman chariot racing in the Circus Maximus."

https://i.imgur.com/VsOaqhW.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The description was "Modern recreation of Roman chariot racing in the Circus Maximus."

https://i.imgur.com/VsOaqhW.mp4

That pig is so fat, she has smaller pigs orbiting her.