Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

By popular demand posted:

I hear Croydon does terrible things to a man's soul.

E:

Im constable dumbo ears.

Congrats on your success within your community theater group! Your parents must be so proud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

By popular demand posted:

E:

Im constable dumbo ears.

Fake news. M/F ratio is totally wrong.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Limes, oranges, and lemons are all the same fruit at different stages of ripeness.

There are no lady goats. A lady goat is a sheep.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Data Graham posted:

A dolphin is just a gay shark.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

And a male sheep is a ram, goats are a lie people, goats are a lie!

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
I grew these crops with my own work and toil, but do they call me a farmer? No. I built this bridge with my own two hands, but do they call me the bridge builder? No. But you gently caress ONE sheep...

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I'm the pioneer of free speech, then.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Brewmaster posted:

I grew these crops with my own work and toil, but do they call me a farmer? No. I built this bridge with my own two hands, but do they call me the bridge builder? No. But you gently caress ONE sheep...

As one of those Latinos who can't grow a full beard, just sexy stubble, I've been thinking this for years but never said it.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mods namechange me to Sexy Latino Stubble

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Leon Sumbitches posted:

My understanding is the original idea was to put out a light so the druidic priest wouldn't judge you harshly during the annual deed-judging night.

Townspeople would long off the bottom of a turnip and put it upsidedown on the sill, with a bit of a hole on the flat side for a candle. It wasn't carved, it was just a way to hold a candle on this one night. Apparently tradition morphed when a) paganism was eliminated and b) folks migrated to the USA.

Slightly confusingly we also carve neeps not turnips, despite neep meaning turnip its actually a swede.

Guising isn't really trick or treating either. Guising is either just going round scaring people or you knock on doors and do a trick/tell a joke/etc and then you get sweets/toffee apples/treacle scones. Obviously they're very similar, just how the traditions have evolved over time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doing a trick or entertaining me with a joke sounds dope

I'm on board with making those little shits work for their candy, instead of just standing there like a masked lump and holding out their bag to collect their due

Who was that conservative guy who told a story about how their dad would steal 10% of their candy and say "income tax" or "property tax"? Guess what kids, in this reenactment you are the taxman

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Data Graham posted:

I'm on board with making those little shits work for their candy, instead of just standing there like a masked lump and holding out their bag to collect their due

You want the children to perform a service for you before you give them candy?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

Who was that conservative guy who told a story about how their dad would steal 10% of their candy and say "income tax" or "property tax"? Guess what kids, in this reenactment you are the taxman

Trump Jr. Did something like this

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember hearing the Koch brothers talking about their dad taking ice cream as a tax, presumably the idea being that this turned them into ultra conservatives who bitterly resent the idea of taxation. The metaphor also works extremely well because of it wasn't for their father buying them the ice cream they wouldn't have had any to begin with, so it was never really theirs at all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Behind The Bastards podcast did an extended program on the Kochs :stonk:

https://www.behindthebastards.com/podcasts/charles-koch-the-luke-skywalker-of-rich-people.htm
https://www.behindthebastards.com/podcasts/part-two-charles-koch-the-luke-skywalker-of-rich-people.htm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Now THIS is a funny picture!

Almost Is funny as this one

:xd:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Suffocating both you and your battery AT THE SAME TIME!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

You merely adopted the smartphone. I was born to it, molded by it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcO-4Zp33M

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wt

kiimo has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Jun 5, 2019

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009
I actually have something to contribute. Ordered a workout shirt with a custom print off Etsy, got the following:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Grover Norqist's dad ate his ice-cream.

Also,

Ayn Rand's mom was a big meanie and gave her toys away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Now THIS is a funny picture!

Almost Is funny as this one

:xd:

rEalLy MakEs u ThINk

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

FistOfTacitus posted:

I actually have something to contribute. Ordered a workout shirt with a custom print off Etsy, got the following:

I had something similar to this from ebay. I ordered a phone case for the GF because she couldn't find any she liked, and I ordered from some seller in China for pennies plus shipping. The design was a starry night with an owl in a tree, and the owl had a moustache. At the bottom it said "Your name here" so I contacted the seller and was like hey, could you put [GF name] on it? They replied in very broken english basically saying that the design wasn't modifiable. I replied thinking I misunderstood, but they were adamant. I bought it anyway.

So for a few years the GF's phone had a moustachioed owl on it and the words YOUR NAME HERE emblazoned across the bottom in big block letters. It was amazing.

Edit:
It looked like that, but with stars and a tree, no eyepatch/hook, and much bigger letters.

Hobojim has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Jun 5, 2019

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Kenning posted:

Nothing has made me laugh this hard in loving weeks.

This reply got me

https://twitter.com/AngelCo_/status/1136098944532996099?s=19

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/wJHYEpw.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/dfFjqMM.mp4

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

fool_of_sound posted:

You merely adopted the smartphone. I was born to it, molded by it.

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTMvhRDP61Q

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

What happens if you miss those QTEs? Does Batman trip and both of them hit the asphalt?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Samuringa posted:

What happens if you miss those QTEs? Does Batman trip and both of them hit the asphalt?

Pretty much, here's a compilation of the failed QTE's that usually lead to embarrassing deaths for Batman,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Zl6KUH_SU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

yasssss, slay cihuātlahtoāni

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Post your favorite turk memes for this page

e: oh this isnt the meme thread

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Jun 6, 2019

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Kenning posted:

Nothing has made me laugh this hard in loving weeks.

"911? Please send a rescue helicopter. I didn't drink enough water today and am feeling a little dizzy".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/tiromu/status/1136118589805748224

https://twitter.com/kaylanator17/status/1136150744871182336

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wait, so what's happening here? Is it really just one dude getting all nutso about how to cook lentils?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

CommissarMega posted:

Wait, so what's happening here? Is it really just one dude getting all nutso about how to cook lentils?

Street rat with coy smile spotted