Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

KoRMaK posted:

yea it sounds terrible

why didnt she leave? cuz they were the ones with the blow? sister, been there

that and she was dating PTA at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I drove by the restaurant row at a big shopping center on Sunday and the parking lots looked like a ghost town. Red lobster, Olive garden, Chili's, wild wings, sticky fingers, Logan's, etc, all with like 4 cars in the lot at mealtime

Then at the end of the row, Cracker Barrel. Full to capacity. Chud food vectors

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
They enacted some kind of ordinance in Houston this week that sit down restaurants are to be closed...the pizza chains have picked up the slack with "leave it at the door" policies...It's like all of my dreams have come true in one week.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Anyone have the chart that shows Coronovirus transmission chance with like, a handshake at 90 something percent and different greetings with decreasing chances until it gets to flipping the middle finger at 0? I swear it was on SA but I can’t remember which thread.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

They enacted some kind of ordinance in Houston this week that sit down restaurants are to be closed...the pizza chains have picked up the slack with "leave it at the door" policies...It's like all of my dreams have come true in one week.

To keep people out of Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral, it’s gonna take more than an ordinance. It’s gonna take ordnance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty much 2020 in a nutshell, really.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Deliveroo's (food delivery service in Australia) has done the same in Australia, they've added an optional "leave it at the door" option for delivery orders AND for the drivers to just forcibly do it if they don't want to go near your opened pox-stricken hovel.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Streuth! look at the lung capacity on that wanker! By jove!

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
My hero!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Streuth! look at the lung capacity on that wanker! By jove!

The Unipiper is the ur-weirdness by which all other Portland wankery is judged.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Aw cat just wanted a hard reset.

https://i.imgur.com/d9VqmpX.mp4

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OisvDHvmKuM

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, I swear I saw a twitter post of the Cell Games being cancelled because of CoronaVirus with Goku has coronavirus below it, was that this thread?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gey muckle mowser posted:

that and she was dating PTA at the time

Oh so he was her ride

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

They're speaking Russian, but I still somehow feel more patriotic :911:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mllaneza posted:

That is a surprising level of language blindness.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I honestly hate to start pizza chat, but are most US pizzas just pepperoni slices over cheese?

No capsicum, olives, onions, mushrooms, etc?

Everyone has the right to enjoy things in their own way, it's just that the stereotypical pizza you see depicted in America seems so bland.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Paladinus posted:

That is a surprising level of language blindness.

I know, right?!

It's obviously Swahili

I'm pretty drat sure it's Italian, or if not (and I'd be highly surprised if it's not) , Spanish.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I honestly hate to start pizza chat, but are most US pizzas just pepperoni slices over cheese?

What you're describing is a Supreme.

Base level is Cheese or Extra Cheese. Whether you actually get more cheese is not a settled science.

What most people get is plain pepperoni. Some people who have good taste will add mushrooms too.

Then there's Supreme, sometimes with sausage.

There's outliers then, like Veggie, Meat Lovers, Hawaiian, and BBQ chicken.

A lot of places don't even have White or Margherita.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Woodburger posted:

My dad, along with probably many others, was asked to leave Disney Land for wearing this shirt in the late 80's. He still has it and is very proud of himself.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mickey Rat is funnier because of how much more it pokes the copyright bear.

There was a companion piece as well. Darn Old Duck lookin' hobo af and swiggin' cheap hooch.

warning: big image

dee eight has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Mar 17, 2020

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've been chronically ill for 4 years so the only difference in my life is not going to work 3 days a week to feed my takeout addiction. I've been cooking so much now when I'm not in bed and it's a huge confidence booster, before I was just constantly in bed eating expensive garbage.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Everyone has the right to enjoy things in their own way, it's just that the stereotypical pizza you see depicted in America seems so bland.

Buddy, plain cheese pizza is the most popular pizza in the U.S., and having lived here all my life I am just as baffled as you are about it. Throwing pepperoni on top of that is the second most popular option.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I honestly hate to start pizza chat....

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Reynold posted:

Buddy, plain cheese pizza is the most popular pizza in the U.S., and having lived here all my life I am just as baffled as you are about it. Throwing pepperoni on top of that is the second most popular option.

Yeah, but sometimes we have like 6 kinds of cheese on it along with the meat discs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cheese pizza is good occasionally.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Reynold posted:

Are you sure? Growing up I was the weird kid in my class for, among many other reasons, insisting on plain cheese pizza.

Edit: I'm not longer a food weird. I had really sensitive taste buds as a kid and things like black pepper tasted incredibly overpowering to me.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Samovar posted:

I know, right?!

It's obviously Swahili

I'm pretty drat sure it's Italian, or if not (and I'd be highly surprised if it's not) , Spanish.

It is Italian. From the larger EU languages the Portuguese is the "lets sound like Russians" -language.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beachcomber posted:

Are you sure? Growing up I was the weird kid in my class for, among many other reasons, insisting on plain cheese pizza.

Most freaks keep it behind closed doors.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dough and cheese is amazing, anything else is just a treat.

I'd kill for dough and cheese right now.

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

Reynold posted:

It’s because of kids. I’ve never seen an adult order a cheese pizza for themselves, but when kids are involved, cheese pizza is the only thing you can reliably count on them eating.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mllaneza posted:

I haven't done anything with Italian for about 2 years but from what I can make out:

"Hey! What are you doing, coronavirus?! Come here! Come here! I got this, I got this *lights fireworks* That wasn't enough! " :pram:

Captain Splendid has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Mar 17, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Uppa posted:

It’s because of kids. I’ve never seen an adult order a cheese pizza for themselves, but when kids are involved, cheese pizza is the only thing you can reliably count on them eating.

Somehow my kids love "green stuff pizza" which is frozen pizza from Aldi with spinach, cheese and a tomato sauce base. Don't ask me how we managed it because I don't know myself.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you can get good pizza then plain is all you really need. I often just get a regular cheese pie with no toppings. If the pizza place sucks then yeah I’d get something extra to support it but it’s better plain.
Around here I’ll always go with plain slices. Usually any slice with toppings is for show and made once a day. Plain slices are generally fresher.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you're going for minimalist at the very least put some tomato slices and fresh basil on it. Boccocini if you have any.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

...But on the other hand Georgian khachapuri is more or less "just cheese(s)" pizza and it is loving delicious.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I wanna say the US lost their way with pizza (and other foods). Like, chicken and sweetcorn is a perfectly acceptable amount of toppings for a pizza, so is just pepperoni or just cheese, but you have had 80 years of Boomer Dads eating food at other peoples houses where they're compelled to say "you know this could really use some <extra ingredient>" and all your food now reflects that and is way too busy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Der Kyhe posted:

...But on the other hand Georgian khachapuri is more or less "just cheese(s)" pizza and it is loving delicious.

Hells yeah, I've been looking for suluguni since I got back from Lviv last year (where like every third restaurant is a Georgian joint)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

I wanna say the US lost their way with pizza (and other foods). Like, chicken and sweetcorn is a perfectly acceptable amount of toppings for a pizza, so is just pepperoni or just cheese, but you have had 80 years of Boomer Dads eating food at other peoples houses where they're compelled to say "you know this could really use some <extra ingredient>" and all your food now reflects that and is way too busy

Hence, everything bagels. I just want a good, non-toasted plain bagel. It's perfect in its simplicity. I don't need these painted up trollops of food. But I get it. It's the same thing as pizza. If all you have a lovely bagels then cover them up and hide their flaws.
E: Sorry to rant. It's breakfast time in NY and I'm hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Unless the Italian pizza industry has changed a lot since 1987, if you asked for anything other than cheese, pepperoni or margherita they gave you the "you dumb, fat American" - look even if it predated the obesity epidemic by a couple decades.