Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DandyLion posted:

Ha! Try living in a bottomless pit then come talk to me about luxury!

You've got a pit? Lucky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

You've got a pit? Lucky!

I sleep in a big tract of infinite nothingness, devoid of all form and color, with my wife

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Look at these bourgie assholes who have the luxury of sleeping lying down. I only sleep standing up, also with The Bloop's wife.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mattress havin mfers need to stay in their lane.

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1278028355426824192?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Page 2291 has a total of six funny pictures out of 40 posts.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

I noticed that too! It was truly an effort to scroll.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

For us that's a pretty good ratio.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

That's quite a lot! You should try posting a funny picture yourself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh no people are enjoying themselves

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

"No no I swear, taste it!" *touches stain, then licks finger* "See?? Wait where are you going"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

"No no I swear, taste it!" *touches stain, then licks finger* "See?? Wait where are you going"

This would be a quality post if only it were in picture form. I refuse to enjoy it until then.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I liked it when we did bears.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

Of course, _you'd_ say that.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

I miss the days Apes from Naples got rim jobs.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Cocaine Bear posted:

You too, huh?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I feel like we’re really abusing the word heroes, here, but the real star is the tiny “Walmart” added to the sign. They put up a huge sign right inside the Walmart entrance to celebrate the heroicness of people continuing to do their jobs during the pandemic, and didn’t even include the employees of the Walmart the sign is in.

Personally, I think the person making sure I can buy cheap shoes, spiral notebooks, and Straight Talk cell phones in these trying times is at least as heroic as the person who stabs my arm six times before giving up and calling in the 56-year-old Filipina who gets it right on the first try.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cartoon Man posted:

If you really only care about posts with links and content, create a bookmarklet with this. :siren: see where it says javascr? Make that say javascript. The forums think I'm trying to hack y'all. :siren:

code:
javascr:(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > div.tweet, .postbody > img, .postbody > a:not([href*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > .timg_container, .postbody > url.container, .postbody > .gifv_video, .postbody > iframe').length === 0 }).hide() })()
Lots of people enjoy conversations and even derails. For everyone else, there's content-only-mode. If you want it to exclude emojis, I can do that too, but that'll also exclude SA-hosted image attachments.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Phanatic posted:

You too, huh?

gently caress yeah.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

C'mon Washington Post, how hard is it to imagine a woman loving a bear? Really?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

If you really only care about posts with links and content, create a bookmarklet with this. :siren: see where it says javascr? Make that say javascript. The forums think I'm trying to hack y'all. :siren:

code:
javascr:(function(){ $('table.post').filter(function() { return $(this).find('.postbody > div.tweet, .postbody > img, .postbody > a:not([href*="somethingawful.com"]), .postbody > .timg_container, .postbody > url.container, .postbody > .gifv_video, .postbody > iframe').length === 0 }).hide() })()
Lots of people enjoy conversations and even derails. For everyone else, there's content-only-mode. If you want it to exclude emojis, I can do that too, but that'll also exclude SA-hosted image attachments.

No! I personally hate when threads derail and will never support a post without a pic. Don't encourage this. IT will only promote unfunny chaos. Also, I poo poo my pants.Thankfully no one will ever read this because we're only focused on pics. OMG there are little worms in my poop but they have hats on. Gross.

E: So many typos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Phanatic posted:

You too, huh?

drat, she wrote some crazy poo poo before A Wrinkle in Time apparently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Johnny Aztec posted:

No, thank you. I've seen enough bear dick just browsing Grindr.

That's literally why grindr exists though

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cocaine Bear posted:

Now this is what I call Wharrgarble 2.

Whargarble 1:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

literally everything is real

sqrt(-1)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Ape of Naples posted:

Wait is it +3 or +6 over for Ampex 456?
E: over 185 nWb/m
I might be too drunk to keep entertaining this thread. Can I get 7'er?

Have you been working out?

Oh and I went to Imgur to find a funny pic and what the hell did they do to imbedding? It brings up a "You are blocked from Something Awful" if I put the copy block in full with all of the html and js and whatever, instead of having the "UBB code" option to imbed on forums.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Oct 30, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
You just need the raw image url.

Should look like this:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/Dfl1hF9.png
Make sure you wrap [img] tags around, but the forums should do that automatically.

Memento has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Oct 30, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.tiktok.com/@neildegrassetyson/video/6888509508717415686

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/panoparker/status/1321927976318099456

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, guess it's not easy being cheesy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

You just need the raw image url.

Should look like this:

code:
[url]https://i.imgur.com/Dfl1hF9.png[/url]
Make sure you wrap [img] tags around, but the forums should do that automatically.

thanks!

I thought her face in the second panel while powering through the tiredness was funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's making the couch all dirty! :mad:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^- Calm down, Carolyn

Honing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ooh a TikTok! Ape of Naples loves those I think! And if we don’t hear otherwise within the next, oh, let’s say 12 hours or so, we can all assume it’s true that he loves TikTok and never talk about it again, except to despair in the fact that none of us will ever love anything as much as he loves TikTok.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Solice Kirsk posted:

The character is supposed to be a human/red panda hybrid of some sort.

It's not dirt but it's also not hair?

So... she has normal human hands that are black or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

It's not dirt but it's also not hair?

So... she has normal human hands that are black or something.

Oh...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Maestro posted:

Ooh a TikTok! Ape of Naples loves those I think! And if we don’t hear otherwise within the next, oh, let’s say 12 hours or so, we can all assume it’s true that he loves TikTok and never talk about it again, except to despair in the fact that none of us will ever love anything as much as he loves TikTok.

Okay.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Inzombiac posted:

Ah the sexiest of all hybrids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The Maestro posted:

Back in my early years, there was a popular hangout spot for the kids in my village. There was an old well that still had plenty of water in it, but the bucket mechanism had long fallen into the well due to lack of maintenance. We would sit around it in the dark and tell stories and jokes, and eat hot peanuts out of a sack. Some of the older kids would smoke cigarettes, and we could hear them having anal sex just outside of the glow from the fire. Pretty much all of the kids in the village spent nearly every night down there.

A few years later someone decided to tap in to the bored youth market and built a little arcade. Most of us had never seen a photograph let alone a nickelodeon. And this place had a half dozen of those machines. Now a nickel wasn’t nothing back then, but luckily we knew that well had to be filled with coins from wishes we made. We sent a few kids down to scoop up what they could.

Even though the stories were short and ultimately pointless, it was still incredible compared to sitting by the well. And to top it off, the arcade owner started selling hot peanuts for another nickel. By this point I had grown up a bit and only went back to the well for anal sex or when i ran out of nickels.

TikTok is sort of a modern equivalent. It may not hit other people the same way as it does me, but having an endless arcade of nickelodeons is mind blowing to some of us.