Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

Is it really a vintage 90s army if the rim isn’t painted the brightest green known to man

I get what you're saying but Goblin Green was only GW's third brightest green at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MrUnderbridge posted:

Did that to my college roommate. I kept pronouncing it "Yar-ma-lukes" around him. One day he's talking to this hot friend of ours and asks her if the people going to her seder had to wear "yar-ma-lukes" and she dead eyed him and said "It's yarmulke..."

He was so pissed, and I laughed and laughed. I think the payoff was two years after I started.

Did you tell them right then and there? I would have

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, yeah. It was delicious.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qqaqc4ZnGh1w7p394_720.mp4

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

a zoomer time traveler

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And just like that tik tok ceased being cool

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kiimo posted:

I don't know what video you watched but that gram is fantastic, tiktok just got cooler.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hmm, I feel like that's actual pretty cool, I dunno.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cage posted:

I don't know what video you watched but that gram is fantastic, tiktok just got cooler.

Bubt, but ew an old person!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kiimo posted:

That old lady rules, you weirdo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No one on the website has any business declaring stuff cool or uncool.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am quite aware that lady rules and I'm 46 and just imagining that like Facebook Instagram and Snapchat before it the teens are uninterested in things their grandparents are participating in.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Facebook Aunt posted:

I do

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/steve-irwin-fred-rogers-bob-ross/

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Facebook Aunt posted:

Get a load of this uncool loser.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
All I'm saying is if she has time to create tic tac or whatever you kids call them she has time to get a job.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I'll sort it out for all of you

old lady: cool
tik tok: not cool

unfortunately cool is a recessive trait so an old lady on tiktok is not cool

It's science

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Goons declaring things that are wildly popular with young people to be lame and uncool is always amusing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's one bad rear end Nana.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like the implication that there's a tidal wave of old people coming onto TikTok to do cartwheels and Carson Shearer dances

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's one bad rear end Nana.

Agreed. That video is awesome

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Goons declaring things that are wildly popular with young people to be lame and uncool is always amusing.

I look back at the things I thought were cool when i was a young person and I can say with almost no exception they were not.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Scratch Monkey posted:

I look back at the things I thought were cool when i was a young person and I can say with almost no exception they were not.

Excuse me, are you trying to say that Powerman 5000 actually sucks poo poo???

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Homestar Runner is still incredibly cool, and so is quoting it to my friends, thanks.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SpacePig posted:

Homestar Runner is still incredibly cool, and so is quoting it to my friends, thanks.

Pfft, as if any of us have friends

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Who What Now posted:

Popular =/= cool. Green Day was wildly popular when I was in HS in the 90's, but I wouldn't say they're cool with the benefit of hindsight. Tiktok is incredibly dorky and today's Zoomers can't realize that until they have more distance to see it for what it is. Now I'm not saying they shouldn't use it, but we shouldn't act like the whim of 15yo kids dictates what's cool.

:corsair:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Inceltown posted:

But they weren't being really racist so people might miss that they're Aussie. Like they may think they're from New Zealand or something.

The billboards across the intersection are for an MP in east Auckland. Hope this helps with whatever the heck this is important for.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

I showed my 11 year old niece the virus episode, the trogdor episode and the Lil' Brudder episode and she loved them all.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

SpacePig posted:

Unironically this.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

he's got the heart of a champion

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I have to say, as someone who was into Homestar Runner while it was still being made, and tried to get my friends into it: it has never been cool.

The trick is to just enjoy things anyway, regardless of whether other people also do!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

if you need something to be cool to enjoy it then what the gently caress are you doing on the sa forums in 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Chard posted:

if you need something to be cool to enjoy it then what the gently caress are you doing on the sa forums in 2021

A lot of people definitely don't enjoy posting here, it's like some kind of compulsion

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
SA is all I have left in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

SA is all I have left in life.

South Africa will always be there for you