Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Shoe collecting is dumb as gently caress

However

It's a thing in poverty stricken cultures where the appearance of wealth is of utmost importance, so several hundred dollar "rare" shoes that you've never worn become a high prize in terms of social wealth and standing.

lol that only "poverty stricken cultures" are conspicuous consumers

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/balenciaga-triple-s-sneakers-0400011382547.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

What modern cultures aren't poverty striken?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

And what modern cultures aren't conspicuous consumers :v:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Well, I didn’t say “only”. And yes you are right in that you see this poo poo in most cultures.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
"Drip" is what Ben shapiro counteracts.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

they look like aliexpress shoes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol the giant loving heel pyramids on those things

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

sassassin posted:

What modern cultures aren't poverty striken?

In my country, there's an obscene wealth gap where a small minority of the population horde the majority of the wealth, and the rest of the culture serves to cater to their needs and whims which are often obscene displays of conspicuous consumption.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

lol the giant loving heel pyramids on those things

they're Balenceiaga not Tipoveriaga

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
That is just tempting you to step on the wearer's heels.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shadow the hedgehog lookin rear end

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

homespun woolens and leather sandals were good enough for your ancestors and they're good enough for you today

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is still very weird to me that like, the cheap hi tecs I got given as a kid are apparently high fashion for some people.

And that apparently the progression in trainer design has just meant more weird loving blobs of plastic glued on.

By 2050 people are gonna be walking around in giant platform trainers composed entirely out of the soles from every pair of trainers since the mid 90's.

When are ones that light up when you walk coming back into fashion?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

It is still very weird to me that like, the cheap hi tecs I got given as a kid are apparently high fashion for some people.

And that apparently the progression in trainer design has just meant more weird loving blobs of plastic glued on.

By 2050 people are gonna be walking around in giant platform trainers composed entirely out of the soles from every pair of trainers since the mid 90's.

When are ones that light up when you walk coming back into fashion?
I think lightup sneakers have already come and gone multiple times throughout the 2000s-2010s old man.

I expect the next round to take after the current car door logo projector trend and the Nike swish is gonna be a light that projects the word nike next to your foot on every step.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Status symbols are rarely anywhere close to optimally functional

For example, look at any of Kanye's terrible loving footwear

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I love how you can still see the glue where the sole meets the rest ("body"?) of the shoe.... on a loving official website product shot.

It's almost like those spam emails with deliberate typos, so they can pinpoint the real fish.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Drip is what my butt does after taco bell

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 07:26 on May 4, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Drip is what my butt does after tack bell

fashiarrhea

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Leon Sumbitches posted:

In my country, there's an obscene wealth gap where a small minority of the population horde the majority of the wealth, and the rest of the culture serves to cater to their needs and whims which are often obscene displays of conspicuous consumption.

Okay, so I’ve narrowed your location down to one of about 180 countries.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

Okay, so I’ve narrowed your location down to one of about 180 countries.

no doxxing GOSH

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm sure there's a clip out there of The Bern on Desus & Mero, where they're trying to explain shoe culture to him. Eventually he just asks something like "They cost how much? And it's just for what... bragging?", and then gives them the frowning of a lifetime.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

God loving dammit, this is *not* the cursed pictures thread :argh:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Aramoro posted:

A shameful snipe , have a photo of one my rescue hens furious that snow exists.

That's a mighty fine chicken.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What's the treatment that is being administered here?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

When designing this device they had to make a choice of what sound to make when the procedure was finished.
They didn't want anything over the top, and went with a ring.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s really an X-ray machine for rectal cancer, not a goatse machine.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s really an X-ray machine for rectal cancer, not a goatse machine.
So its a ray gun for your butthole?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Zil posted:

What's the treatment that is being administered here?

drat near killin’ ‘em?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

zedprime posted:

So its a ray gun for your butthole?

Technically any gun can be for a butthole if you aim it there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might not be understanding how x rays work because wouldn't pointing one longitudinally through a human produce an unreadable image?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I might not be understanding how x rays work because wouldn't pointing one longitudinally through a human produce an unreadable image?

Yeah, there's enough bones in the way it'd be closer to a rorshach test than anything useful.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

OwlFancier posted:

I think they put the film on the outside of the patient at particular angles, like how you have to bite down for one of the little film plates when the dentist zaps you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sure, but like, I'm not sure where you put the plate on any of those people unless you make them eat it.

Or does the machine whip past your rear end real fast like in Wanted so it curves the x rays.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

I think they put the film on the outside of the patient at particular angles, like how you have to bite down for one of the little film plates when the dentist zaps you.

There's no way to position the film and fire an x-ray up someone's b-hole and not have it blocked by a ton of bones.

It looks more like a periscope so you can investigate the area without risking pink eye from an ill-timed fart.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It says "tubehead" which is typically associated with x-ray equipment, but unless the tubehead is inside of that structure (rather than part of the structure itself) and you can move it around to different angles I don't see how it could be used for x-rays. But it's possible! Without reading anything about it I thought it was some kind of extremely elaborate giant borescope

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There's no way to position the film and fire an x-ray up someone's b-hole and not have it blocked by a ton of bones.

It looks more like a periscope so you can investigate the area without risking pink eye from an ill-timed fart.

They gotta be careful pulling it out or they risk giving the patient a pink sock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps it is for radiotherapy, so just blasting your rear end with x rays.