Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Scathach posted:

Just got these holographic pics in at work. MURICA!!!

FYI that's a lenticular print, not a hologram.

Edit: Huh, turns out there's not much of a difference, does it have a finely ridged texture?

67 and still making love has a new favorite as of 09:38 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
For her ocular pleasure.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Memento posted:

Predictive text neural networks continue to be a treasure.

https://twitter.com/botnikstudios/status/921020449043111936

how long will it be until the dystopian future of Markov-chain derived network TV

and honestly will it even be worse?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Milo and POTUS posted:

Looks like someone who set up a sex swing and called you into the room and "whoops hahaha oh wow didn't expect to see you so soon"

I want to learn more about sex swings without googling the term...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Doctor Malaver posted:

theyre like a bunch of straps i think? if you and your wife weigh half a ton, it can be hard to penetrate. strap up one of you and the angle becomes much easier

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

Just got these holographic pics in at work. MURICA!!!

hahahahahahaha I wish I worked at a gas station so I could ID this guy for his flavored cigarillos

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

It's basically just an indoor rope swing for adults, to enable some creative sex positions.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

something something side note the biblical Samaritans were generally considered to be terrible people so that one "Good Samaritan" was an old school "one of the good ones"

context: "Good Samaritan" when it was written was roughly equivalent to "Good [unexpectedly from $hatedgroup]"

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Oct 22, 2017

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

FFT posted:

how long will it be until the dystopian future of Markov-chain derived network TV

and honestly will it even be worse?
That Scrubs script is the missing link which demonstrates even if it's not the rigid algorithmic form of a Markov chain, there's a statistical combination method by the time you are making the 3rd+ season of anything. I assume partly learned internally and partly physically pulling names, actions, and results from a hat and writing to the result.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

zedprime posted:

That Scrubs script is the missing link which demonstrates even if it's not the rigid algorithmic form of a Markov chain, there's a statistical combination method by the time you are making the 3rd+ season of anything. I assume partly learned internally and partly physically pulling names, actions, and results from a hat and writing to the result.

At least a markov chain will never add in a completely new and unrelatable cast while pretending its the same show.

Sure therell be some quantum character superpositions due to the chains inability to discern and properly define subjects but there wont be new ones.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

zedprime posted:

"Dr. Car pulls up and honks to the nurses", the first freaking line, was so quintessentially Scrubs that I laughed for 5 straight minutes before I could continue. It's a JD daydream on acid and I love it.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Breetai posted:

"Dr. Car pulls up and honks to the nurses", the first freaking line, was so quintessentially Scrubs that I laughed for 5 straight minutes before I could continue. It's a JD daydream on acid and I love it.
There's so much though

quote:

The camera zooms in on Dr. Kelso, who dabs.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can hear and see that episode perfectly. It's terrifying.

Bone Storm
Aug 3, 2011

BUY ME BONESTORM
OR GO TO HELL
Am I the only person suspicious that that and other posts like it were actually written by humans, or heavily edited? Maybe I'm still just jaded about horse_ebooks. I do hope it's real.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's almost certainly heavily edited, probably by taking choice bits and cleaning them up for syntax and clarity.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Turk is explaining fingers to a confused Dr. Kelso" is my favourite bit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FFT posted:

something something side note the biblical Samaritans were generally considered to be terrible people so that one "Good Samaritan" was an old school "one of the good ones"

context: "Good Samaritan" when it was written was roughly equivalent to "Good [unexpectedly from $hatedgroup]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVB3DdRgqU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Pretty much everyone in a public restroom who has experienced splash-back from a faucet that flows much faster than you were initially expecting.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

beato posted:

Pretty much everyone in a public restroom who has experienced splash-back from a faucet that flows much faster than you were initially expecting.

You pissed yourself and everybody could tell

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

67 and still making love posted:

FYI that's a lenticular print, not a hologram.

Edit: Huh, turns out there's not much of a difference, does it have a finely ridged texture?

Yeah, it does.

I wish the rest were as humorous. Now I just have to find a 75yo white Republican to buy it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Gum posted:

You pissed yourself and everybody could tell

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Woah

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo someone just bought that stupid eagle I posted

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Scathach posted:

That eagle would have place right next to my print of Abe Lincoln dual wielding an AK47 and the US Consitution, riding his trusty grizzly bear.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
That means the buns are overproofed

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao that rabbit is 100% pissed that I haven't finished Police Quest 2 before closing time

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Olive! posted:

et
That means the buns are overproofed

get that rabbit in the oven immediately

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach posted:

Like, as a smilie or what?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Probably from the store they work at that just started stocking them.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Pastry of the Year posted:

lmao that rabbit is 100% pissed that I haven't finished Police Quest 2 before closing time

i came up with this bad pun today, this bun is kismet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

That eagle would have place right next to my print of Abe Lincoln dual wielding an AK47 and the US Consitution, riding his trusty grizzly bear.

I found a T shirt of Reagan driving a muscle car and shooting a shotgun out of the window at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I haven't had the balls to wear it but I should probably post it.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Bringing up the persistance hunting thing again, those wolves/African dogs would have a whole family pack tracking the prey, not just a single hunter. So while a single human might be able to chase down a single gazelle, if your whole family was with you, you could take turns stalking or chasing it.

There was a joke about your mom/dad/siblings being too fat, absent or lazy to help you catch your gazelle, but I came up short. Walmart is definitely easier.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
:nws: for manbutt https://i.imgur.com/ai2bfMc.jpg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Oct 25, 2017

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

I didnt realise I needed this picture in my life.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Oct 25, 2017

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

It's been posted here before, but drat this thing is long, can someone repost that crazy ceramic knife video?

Edit: hurf durf It was like the first google result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

It's been posted here before, but drat this thing is long, can someone repost that crazy ceramic knife video?

Edit: hurf durf It was like the first google result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

Huwat a guud knaif!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I wish there was evidence of opiate use here so I could make an "it's morphine time!" joke.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Oct 25, 2017