Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

No pic just adding a post to this to see if the thread is broken. Hey PYF, enjoy your silly pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Hooray! I will bask in the glory of this beautiful admin moment.

edit: mmmmm, glory basking top of page snipe. It's good to be the admin. :smug:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Moo the cow posted:

Not to disagree with your points, but the video for 'Deutschland' was clearly a case of 'what can we do to generate as much publicity as possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQM1c-XCDc

The dueling outrage over that video was hilarious. In one corner you had people going :ohdear: about the bit where they’re dressed in concentration camp uniforms and debating the appropriateness of that.

In the other you had shitheads mad that the allegorical personification of Germany was a black woman.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

Close thread - best one incoming

Every time I see that one I laugh at the kid down and to the left.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

pik_d posted:

How many times did it vote for Biden?

Well, if something that didn't vote for biden is, by definition, not black then something that is the blackest black to ever black must have voted for him.

Now, voter fraud isn't really a thing, so I'd have to assume that this single instance of blackest black ever to black only voted once, as its its constitutional right.

Still, I would assume that it cast the votiest vote to ever vote.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, I guess if you aren't careful when you use it, you are gonna end up with corn on the cob.

I think everyone missed the lower priced item amazon helpfully suggested

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

lol did he literally take candy from a child?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

No ring 4/10

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

It's a common spelling error. Loose and lose have different vowel sounds, but they're both long-o sounds, and English often spells long-o's with double o's. Say "coo" "too" and "lose" out loud and you'll hear it. Meanwhile "loss" has a totally different vowel but it's spelled one letter off from "lose."

Basically english spelling is hosed up and anything involving vowels is super hosed. This language desperately needs some diacritics.

edit: talking more or less neutral broadcast-grade American accents. I dunno what the scots or texas panhandle are doing maybe the spelling makes sense if you are one of those west virginians with an almost-Elizabethan accent.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Bloop posted:

They don't care if the people are conservatives they just want them to stay in their lane and make music, not get political

Musicians: a group (and rock stars in particular) well known as paragons of apolitical neutrality who studiously avoid using their platform to make statements.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

NASCAR is loving darth Vader our of nowhere suplexing racist lightning palpetine into the Death Star core right about now.

loving A+ heel to face turn. Did not see this coming, will subscribe for next season.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

:(

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Much like valor, stolen from GiP

https://twitter.com/MilitaryBanter/status/1271418873183690753?s=20

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Randaconda posted:

no mods, no masters

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Edit: that url works btw.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Giving folks the day off to recognize the day is nice gesture isn't it? That has an actual cost to he company, more so than just an email saying hey we care.

It’s also a pretty big celebration for a lot of people. Imagine if your company made you work the 4th of July.

It’s a nice gesture that recognizes that it’s a family holiday for a chunk of their workforce.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

My favorite picture on the forums is the one at the end of Jeffrey's announcement.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

<Paul Giamatti voice>

One day, when you're sitting where I'm sitting, you just try using your buttons to probate Jeffrey, and see what you get in your inbox.

Oh god does he have the sounding pics?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

I read a lot of Dragonlance novels in sixth grade and that didn't make me equipped for statecraft

I mean you’re a mod.

I don’t think you’re disproving failing upward here.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Twist ending: David is the husband’s name.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I once had a dude admit to a war crime.

Like he legit extra judicial murdered a guy in Iraq because “we knew he was the one setting bombs.”

And told the class.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

gbut posted:

Sometimes I question my stance on the death sentence.

Meh, for every rear end in a top hat like that who 100% deserves it there are a hundred edge cases that the state shouldn’t be trying to kill.

Personally I’d rather let this rear end in a top hat or the Charleston church fucker play Xbox into perpetuity than keep going with some of the bonkers bad death penalty cases we’ve seen.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I look at it more of a power gradient thing and what the consequences are for getting it wrong.

First off the state has all the power. It can bring a basically infinite amount of resources to bear on squishing you. It is trying you within it’s own framework. It has the entire weight of the criminal justice system to try and convince people that you did it. Meanwhile you babe whatever you have. I hope you’re rich.

If the state kills a man that literally ends the universe as far as that individual goes. If they get it wrong that persons world ended for nothing. The costs to the person on the poo poo end of that power gradient are immense.

Meanwhile if the state keeps a truly mad dog killer locked away playing xbox for 80 years the cost to it is negligible. It’s a rounding error in the annual budget.

Basically the death penalty is the most profound example of punching down you can find.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

So what’s the deal here? Prostitution? Selling drugs?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Never figured Donald Trump for a wrestler

He literally held Vince McMahon down (with help) and shaved his head in a wrestling ring.

This is a true thing that the current president of United States of America did.

He shaved Vince’s head as part of a wrasslin’ show.

Ladies and gentlemen I present the president of the United States

Murcia.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I had BAS-KET.

Springs under the board that you flicked with a lever on each side.

I always hated "games" like that as a kid. I put the scare quotes around them because they were basically just gimmicky toys that were fun for like ten minutes then you got bored. Hungry hungry hippoes type crap. Zero strategy, just slap crappy mechanical thing and try to get bigger number.

Like, you can sit down and play a few games in a row of even something as basic as connect four. You can kill an hour or two with a sibling and that glorified tic tac toe.

There was nothing worse than being at some relative's house and being told to go keep yourself busy with the game closet only to find crap like hungry hungry hippoes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Qwezz posted:

A sea plane taking off from a up river smdh. That poo poo would never work. Seas don't have rivers.

Look at this idiot to never heard of the Gulf Stream.

This is the whole reason aircraft carriers don’t do ops in the Caribbean. Go the wrong way in the stream and your billion dollar carrier is just a bunch of worthless planes on the worlds biggest treadmill.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well at least circumcision chat was left in the box.

Just the tip.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Here’s the full video. Time stamped to the really funny bit but the first half isn’t bad either.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=53me-ICi_f8&t=3m45s

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Someone needs to tell her to stop backseat godding.

:haw:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

No one wants to tangle with a crazy person over dumb bull poo poo like waiting an extra 5 min to buy toothpaste or whatever. On a personal level you can get pretty hosed up in even a simple fight. On a legal level it’s just a giant loving headache even if the other person totally deserves it.

Tell the store let them trespass the idiot off their property and if the place is constantly overrun with that bullshit find a new Target.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's crazy watching hockey now with empty stadiums but crowd noise played over the loudspeakers

I've been pretty impressed how much just adding dumb cut-outs to the stands behind home plate has helped baseball games. Giving that little bit of visual clutter just makes it feel way less like watching a college game or something.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

It's also, all things considered, a really cheap pastime to follow a team.

God knows I spend way more on my dumb hobbies than my wife does, even with her paying for out of market game packages for the team she follows.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

There isn't a :psyduck: big enough for that.

Of all the things to claim is fake, the notion that a woman could get wet is. . . . . :psypop:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Memento posted:

When you only exist to be a parody of conservatives, there's nothing that isn't out of bounds.

Also, it irks me that there's no report button on your posts. I've been interacting with your post for long enough, there should be some recourse here.

Interestingly I can report my own posts. Lemme actually see if that's a thing the coders can work on, because frankly there should be report buttons on mod/admin posts.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

she's a chiropractor, not an md

oh my god :laffo:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

At least you can probate yourself nowadays. I recall some mod (you?) complaining that mods couldn't probate themselves.

Yeah, admins used to be un-probatable and I was super bummed that I couldn't probate myself when I became one.

I'm the reason admins can probate each other (and themselves) now! :buddy:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Whybird posted:

I regret to inform you that that hair is no Photoshop

The sad thing is I can't even be sure which politician you're referencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The best thing about this is the diet mt dew bag.

I"m printing this poo poo off and mailing it to someone I know with "SEE I loving TOLD YOU" scrawled across it in marker like I'm a crazy person.