Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Data Graham posted:

I know that's got to be a real thing, clearly, but all I can think of when imagining "muscle memory" being involved with paramedic care is that it's like some Gun Kata poo poo.

Like you can't afford to even take the time to look at the thing you're working on, just react through pure reflex like Pai Mei taught you *wound sizzles closed*

If I'd just been stabbed or slashed I'd definitely enjoy being treated by a Tenth Level Master of wound-kata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
10 PRINT "THEY DID SURGERY ON A GRAPE"
20 GOTO 10

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ugh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I love the one picture of the guy when he's standing with a group of beautiful women and smiling but he still looks sad.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Does anyone have a list of all the live action cartoon movies we're getting in 2019??

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

I don't get it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This is from several pages back but sheep got big tails that have to be cut off specifically because prehistoric humans bred sheep to have big fatty tails that they could eat.

People like fat. People mess things up in the quest for fat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Bananana posted:

The happiest short story.

Knives? Knives! Knives.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Wait, WHAT??? You saw the Disaster Artist before seeing The Room? Wtf? Lmao. How confused were you?

I've also only seen Disaster Artist! The Room and those people may as well be completely fictional to me, still enjoyed the movie.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

So then them calling a place a " Dude Ranch" was meant to been pretty insulting?

Yeah it's a place where dumbass dudes come out and play ranch, the glamping of the 1890's.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

When he says he "got in one little fight" it's heavily implied that he actually had the poo poo beat out of him by a group of people without provocation and it terrified his mom because she thought her only son was going to get killed. Will is an unreliable narrator.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

E: nada

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Any talk about Bovril makes me think of this ad that I just love. Look at that big beefy boy and how happy he is at the idea of being processed into Bovril!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

taskbah.ytmnd.com

It's a joke that new generations of Internet people keep rediscovering somehow.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Prof. Banks posted:

Biological/medical research is pretty gross at times, but when you do it day in and day out it gets mundane as hell. It's around then that you look at add like that and think, yes, I hate it when there's excessive foaming in my homogenate (foaming is really annoying btw) and this thing looks like it might solve that problem. Just all me how quickly I can kill a mouse, extract its spleen, thymus, and four of its major lymph nodes. I had to do it several hundred times for one of my research projects and I got quite good at it.

This post is why Fritz Haber's whole family killed themselves btw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Now I want to watch The Irishman on a Game Gear.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

It's almost 2020, and Zyborne Clock and Xbox Hueg jokes are back in!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't believe how hard it's competing with Rise of Skywalker for biggest cinematic trainwreck of the year. And winning.

What are you talking about with the Rise of Skywalker? It's getting the lowest Cinemascore of any Star Wars movie, but still a B+. And it's on track to have an almost $200 million opening weekend, firmly in the top 10 of all time. I can't see how something that successful that's only slightly less than loved qualifies as a "cinematic trainwreck".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You guys would love the new Terrence Malick movie it takes place in Austria and Germany in the 30's and 40's and all characters are constantly switching between English and German with no subtitles sometimes in the same scene.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If Mister Rogers had been killed by a stingray at an advanced age that would have been kind of funny. Just what a capper to his life, you know.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cable Guy posted:

In Australia and England that's called a "Tactical Spew" or "Tactical Chunder"
:eng99:

In freedomland I've only ever heard "puke and rally".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You can put triple sec in milk for a creamy, orangey good time. It doesn't curdle.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I want a book about all the SNL characters they tried to make A Thing but which were unloved. Like Middle Aged Man.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slippery posted:

I appreciated this reference [to Spider Man's old nemesis...a truck!]

Fappo!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:lol: theres more pizza girl pictures? Whaaattt

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/TZdSz

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

I'm thinking more "Wow grandpa! What was it like to go outside?"

"What were bars like, grandpa??"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Me after fuckin'

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lobok posted:

Nothing fancy or pretentious about "charcuterie". Now, "deconstructed nachos" on the other hand...

How do you feel about loaded french fries being called "irish nachos"?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

OK, I am calling Poutine "Canadian Nachos" from here on out. Done.

I'm going to do this as well.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If I'm ever in the UK again I'm going to bring some Cholula or Valentina or Yucateco and I'm going to put it on my mushy peas and my chips. But not my fish.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

7 and 8 are all about wisdom 2 and 5 are the fun ones if I'm remembering my numerology right. Especially 5. 5 fucks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dixville posted:

5 is my fave number. I looked it up on that website and was disappointed tbh

https://affinitynumerology.com/number-meanings/number-5-meaning.php

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Female cats can have kittens from different cat dads in the same litter. It's common with dogs too. People sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Do any of these goons, or the puke guy(s), the forlorn goon looking at the lady in the basement, that neckbeard with the pipe, etc. in short, do any of those people still post here at all? I sometimes get the impression that people who were quite active here between 2000 and 2007 sort of disappeared. The most 'famous' goon.jpgs are all from that era, and technology back then didn't do them any favors either because while digital cameras were already a thing, most of them were poo poo and the average person was still very bad at making good photographs.

I started lurking at the beginning of 2004 and posting at the beginning of 2007 and I think there's still plenty of my disgusting ilk around.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I swear they used that joke in Trailer Park Boys but I can't remember when or who it was.

Probably shouldn't exclusively watch that show when I'm on the liquor.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't think farts are wrong, but I don't want to hear about farts. Is that so horrible?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

You won't get ahead with that attitude.

Capital joke!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Actual American cheese isn't too terrible. Not great by any stretch, but not terrible. It's those gross oil based "cheese flaps" (as a goon who's name escapes me once put so eloquently) that gave it it's reputation.

It's just vegetable oil and cheesy bits. I use vegetable oil in my cooking it's not the devil.

Cooper sharp is good for sandwiches

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The young offspring of the suburban white can skeletonize a lunchable in under a minute

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Willem Dafoe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Nothing about straight medium