Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Stupid babies need the most attention!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Have you ever watched the British version of Antiques Roadshow? These pictures just remind me how much better it is. The American version is like some garbage from 75 years ago in a windowless State Fair building. The British version will be like some 800 year old thing out in the garden of a loving actual castle.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Archaic posted:

The Christian preaching faculty of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Notorious GOP? Probably true.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know who these people are.

2017 contestants for 'upper class twit of the year'.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
El gato es gordo.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Slime posted:

He was, but he ate some of the people to the side.

I have the fortune to be "the fat one" of three siblings. I'm also six inches+ taller than my brother or sister. When we meet people as a family I often joke that there was once a fourth sibling, but I ate them.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"What's 2 + 2?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
When I see an emoji I can't imagine a use for I just assume Japan

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What's the fallacy called where you assume that a service industry job is equivalent to a manufacturing job? The total number of jobs might not decrease but what we actually care about are the number of GOOD jobs.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I didn't say I had a solution. Just that all jobs are not equal so any argument based on that premise, e.g. "Automation increases the number of jobs!", is disingenuous at best.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Wait, how do you still do illegal drinking in Texas? Moonshine? Coors?

IIRC there are still dry counties in Texas.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Blow jobs are like pizza. Even a bad one is usually pretty good.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Sometimes my check engine light comes on when the gas cap isn't tight enough.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The funny thing is they mean this as a slam on marvel but it's actually the reason why DC movies suck.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Edit: this wasn't a funny picture

Imagined has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Nov 29, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Brute Squad posted:

I remember her having a mommy blog that was...interesting. With a lot more :chloe: stuff like this.

:fakeedit: Found it. She has a son now. His name is Titan. Not updated in a while though. They look happy at least. Good for them.

Looking unnaturally happy is a particular Mormon specialty. They have the highest per capita use of anti depressants in the country.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Funniest bit about that meme is that the Federal government was deliberately tainting alcohol to get people to stop drinking. By killing them with poison.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

They still essentially do this with prescription opiates, except instead of straight up poison they use Tylenol.

Edit: content

Imagined has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Jan 6, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Scathach posted:

I just found this at work. I bought it.

Does it exoand?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The only way we're getting off this planet is if someone discovers there's money in it. From that perspective, I'm all for the commercialization of space.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Kennel posted:

Huh, he learned even worse way to draw teeth.

I made a pretty good 'MIKE WAT R U DOING MIKE STAHP' meme with a timeline of Penny Arcade's evolution in art style over the years once but my poo poo crashed right as I was almost done and I couldn't be bothered to do it again.

Edit: alright I gave it another whirl

Imagined has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Mar 27, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've always hated that, it's a tautology. What does "sufficiently advanced" mean? Advanced enough that it's indistinguishable from magic. No poo poo, thanks, Artie.

Sufficiently advanced that the person observing it has literally no idea how it's done. Which is obviously going to vary from person to person depending on the subject.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
And then you get into how most of the stuff you've ever called ice cream isn't, in the same way that Velveeta isn't cheese.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a Twitter feed called For Exposure which is nothing but screengrabs of entitled customers screaming at artists for not working for free or for peanuts, there's thousands upon thousands of people who really are this dickish. (I'm pretty sure that crocheted blanket discussion came from that twitter feed originally)

The worst are the artists who do it. They're like the scabs of professional creativity. If absolutely nobody and I mean nobody whored their talent out for free the assholes of the world would have to pay.

I have an amazing artist friend who does this poo poo to herself, unprompted. She'll spend a month making some amazing leather purse or something and then you'll ask her what she'd sell it for and she'll quote about the price of the materials. Like her time and skill have no value. I keep telling her to let me be her art pimp. I have no problem demanding money.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

"I wonder how much those are. Usually they're under a buck."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I really enjoy that both of my cars are smart enough to tell me that *a* tire is low, but not *which* tire, because I didn't pay for that package. But the car definitely knows which one it is. I just didn't pay for it to tell me.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Listen I've got a bone to pick with this thread

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

CloFan posted:

why is antifa holding a bike lock?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ooking-for-him/

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It looks like he stole the yoga pants off a mom at Target.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I just wish that if they're all going to vote party line anyway, that they dispense with the trials and the hearings and the conferences and blah blah blah. Just assume all the Republicans voted Republican and all the Democrats voted Democrat and spare us the phony drama.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

doverhog posted:

It is not phony. If he gets in it will be used as a weapon to beat the Republicans, remember how you appointed a publicly known rapist into the Supreme Court? For that to work you first have to let everyone know what he is.

Well I am very much a Democrat partisan, so I agree with you there, and I'm sorry to derail. I guess I mean the phony drama of Republicans pretending as if they'd ever consider not voting to confirm him.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jamesman posted:

https://twitter.com/FleanceForkuo/status/1038310785028698112

Please raise this tiny 30-year-old woman as your own.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the brilliance or hilarity in these Fleance Forkuo comics, either ironically or unironically? Not saying people are wrong I just want in on the joke...

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Bloop posted:

It was fun while it lasted

edit: fukkin text snipe

https://i.imgur.com/moARa3j.gifv

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is the entire "joke" about Michelle Obama being a man based on the fact that she's a woman with visible biceps? Because she's a lovely and very feminine lady. What century are these people living in?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
At least it actually is 750ml?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
She had to let Donald Trump put his penis in her so I'm not sure anything we do to her could be worse.

Imagine naked Donald Trump on top of you. Then you can imagine why Melania is dead inside.