Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Part of what I love about this is the mistranslated stuff. 精 is closer to "essence", not "poo poo", so 牛精 means Beef Essence, not bullshit.

It could also possibly be translated as bull semen, if you play a little loosely with it and take liberties with concepts like "accuracy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bumper Stickup posted:

Everybody says this until you try it. Then you love it.

Yeah, scrapple owns.

Why are Americans so repulsed by offal? Like, gently caress, you're eating an animal's muscles, but hearts and stomach lining and tongues and eyeballs are just too much?

Gimme that whole poached fish in spicy as gently caress broth, I'll eat its head.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

TontoCorazon posted:

Do you just see penis everywhere you go?

You don't?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

500mg of amygdalin 3x per day.

He is ultra dead.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Explore horsefucking in 3D.

Y'know... I'm good. I'm good. I'll take a pass on that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Welcome to zombocom.

I just checked, and it's still there.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I didn't know that booty, crap, and mulletcore were music genres. I bet they're delightful.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

People are jumping on the "avocado on toast" thing but that was just an outrageous example to illustrate his point, which is "millennials spend too much money on things rabble rabble I'm old"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

PRR PRR PRR

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Uzbekistan has always been landlocked and presumably always be. The United States could presumably get men to space again.

Just hedging your bets in case they decide to conquer Iran and Turkmenistan and form the Imperial Uzbek Navy?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why is it that neckbeardy fedora types always seem to misuse commas in the same way? It's like they're trying to reproduce the awkward, halting cadence of their own speech.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Not gonna lie, I'd eat the Buletto. Tender, juicy meatball in a crispy waffle cone actually sounds great.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

jeans skinny, so what

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

We have such sights to show feed you. :cenobite:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mara Wilson seems to be the only child actor who didn't go crazy or turn into a weirdo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

ahah imagine someone gets into that bookstore and the clerk greets him "you have come to the wong fookhing bookstore, stranger"

Wong Fook Hing could easily be the owner's name. 黄 (Wong or Huang) is a very common Chinese surname. Cantonese romanization of 黄福興 and the use of traditional characters suggests Hong Kong. 書 just means book.

E: price on the banner over the door is in dollars, definitely HK.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Sep 4, 2017

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Probably hysteria which literally means suffering from the uterus

Note that it includes hysteria, uterine derangement, menstrual deranged, women trouble, female trouble, imaginary female trouble, ill treatment by husband, desertion by husband, female disease, and domestic trouble. In the 1800s you could be declared insane and locked up for being a woman.

Also lol "bloody flux". Flux is diarrhea. You're making GBS threads blood? Off to the asylum with you, ya fuckin' maniac!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ultrabindu posted:

Is this the same kind of poo poo that resulted in one of JFK's sisters getting a lobotomy?

Rosemary Kennedy had some kind of learning disability that probably could have been helped but that was inconvenient for America's Perfect Family so daddy had her lobotomized and they botched it and left her a vegetable.

tactlessbastard posted:

Excessive sexual abuse

As the abuser, or the victim? :stare:

"The patient in room 23 is... just don't go in there alone."

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Sep 5, 2017

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Collateral Damage posted:

mods, username please

Also I feel if you get put in a mental asylum for a gunshot wound you might want to get a second opinion.

That sounds like over-taxing the mental faculties. Off you go!

I'm partial to "business nerves" and "bad whiskey". One problem solves the other, and they still lock you up.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I wonder how you pass the written test to get your learner's permit when you're loving illiterate

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Deteriorata posted:

I have a suspicion it's deliberate.

I could go either way on that. For every clever parody there's a legion of idiots who think it's genuine. Stephen Colbert built a career on it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Bloop posted:

B) wait until you are 18 and you don't have to take any kind of test at all to get your license!

Do you think they just hand out driving licenses to 18-year-olds without any kind of test? :psyduck:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Imagined posted:

Blow jobs are like pizza. Even a bad one is usually pretty good.

Unless it has teeth in it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RCarr posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but no, the inspection doesn't test if the light stays on.

The inspection tests to see if there are any codes stored in the ECU, so a) they can give you a rejection sticker if it fails, and b) they can tell you why it failed. They don't just go lol your CEL is on gl noob they scan the codes and tell you e.g. your upstream O2 sensor isn't working right or your coolant temperature sensor is failing and needs to be replaced.

Some codes are basically no big deal, fix them when you can, but things like transmission fluid pressure, coolant temperature, things where a dead sensor could lead to major damage to the thing that it's supposed to be monitoring (if the ECU doesn't know how hot the engine is, it may never kick the fans on and your engine will overheat eventually), those are the kinds of things you want to fix ASAP.

If you get a $6 ODB II Bluetooth dongle, most ODB smartphone apps will have an option to look up the codes online and find out more about them. Bought mine when I first started having trouble with my Jeep and it's more than paid for itself with the headaches and trouble it's saved me, being able to fix little things myself.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I cast Mind Blark.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I didn't realize they made Pampers in adult sizes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mike was a fairly uncommon edge case, wasn't he? It's not like non-complete poultry occurs at a known, predictable rate.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Glockenspiel :haw:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What a cool language.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's the opinion of the entire school board that Dexter is criminally insanesanesanesane

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Solice Kirsk posted:

In Boston they wouldn't have let a black teenager into a movie.

Do people really think that Boston is still this openly racist in 2017?

Reminder that Boston brought together a counterprotest of something like 50,000 people when the neo-nazis wanted to have themselves a little rally on the Common. This is the city that drove 30 wannabe fascist manchildren out with their tails between their legs.

I am honestly surprised that the rest of the country seems to think we're still stuck in the fifties here in New England.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've only ever heard that from people who have never been to Boston. I obviously can't speak to the experience of a person of color but in my extremely, blindingly white experience Boston is way more diverse and open than anywhere else I've lived.

Boston has had some problems with racism and the history is definitely there, and it's not just gone, but the most racist place in America it loving is not.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Erebus posted:

Contrast and compare

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Splendid posted:

I had a good chuckle when Wikipedia banned them as a source for articles.

I didn't think Daily Mail readers and Wikipedia editors were heavily overlapping demographics.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

same though

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

All you can say is he has no idea how to reply to a tweet.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

NO!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Milo and POTUS posted:

I want some badass to roll up this thing and flip off the sign because it's insulting enough to warrant it.
e:also rip the door off

If it's in the States, it doesn't even come close to meeting ADA standards.

FYI: an ADA-compliant wheelchair ramp must have a foot of run for every inch of rise, and at minimum 5'x5' of flat, unobstructed landing at the top and bottom of the ramp. The ramp must be a minimum of 36" wide (48" in California and Massachusetts), have railings on both sides at a height of 36-38", and may have no more than 30 feet of run between flat landings/turning areas, which must also be a minimum of 5'x5'.

The watermark on the image is Chinese, but I can't make out the writing on the sign by the door. No telling where it actually is.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In Boston, we have the green line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

IncredibleIgloo posted:

We can want two things.

Typical entitled millennials, wanting two things.