Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

Was it as bad as the ones in Vice City?

Far far worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
That's basically what the tiny homes used to help the homeless are. They're just bedrooms and the properties usually have a communal building with everything else the residents need. It really isn't a bad setup.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Twitch posted:

Also a big proponent of LGBT rights. Dolly Parton rules.

She's just one of those people that it is utterly impossible to hate.

Like I can't recall a single controversy surrounding her.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's also said (though I don't think actually proven) that Lovecraft regretted his racism in his final years because one of his caregivers was black and the two sparked up a friendship. Again, not proven so it could just be a story made up by people uncomfortable for liking his work.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, serious question; how does Japanese post work then if there are no streetnames as reference points?

Instead of street names each block has a name and every building in said block is numbered in either the construction order or clockwise/counterclockwise. Many apartment buildings also have names you can use for the address.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Given they are both Volks, I suspect it's just two vehicles from a corporate fleet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Haha how do you get that wrong?

2 AM posting but it was definitely a stupid mistake.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

What is that?

An edit of an ant swarm involving the Kaaba (probably Islam's most important holy relic in Mecca.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doctor Malaver posted:

Is the lower part the same cat or are there two cats?

I think it's just a single curled up cat.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Unless they run Linux. Then they often won't shut up about it from my experience.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Flaggy posted:

How did he start on fire?

I think the other guy did it as he was getting up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chitin posted:

Please explain, as GG should have done.

The Salamanders, in lore, are basically the only space marines with families so it's cute she's hugging someone dressed like one.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/996508862076211200

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I keep reading the opening lines to the chorus of the ABBA song.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

burial posted:

Why would he go back to mechanical shooters if he became a spider, died, and gave birth to himself?

He literally had several years of his life retconned away by Marvel Satan in the comic including his marriage.

It's one of the arcs the fans hate the most

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DontMockMySmock posted:

Cool, now instead of having to carry a big bulky ladder, I can get through the wall with just a slim, easily-concealable crowbar! That's efficiency!

Throw a plasma cutter in the back of a truck and you could make an opening for vehicles in less than an hour.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

I have no idea who Stephen Miller is but he just looks like an unremarkable balding man in his thirties, honestly. The relative lack of hair is probably the biggest difference here

He's one of the biggest shitheads behind Trump.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The original thread is still great

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

That lady's pretty cool, except that she says you shouldn't keep a ton of books around for no reason. I need to surround myself with books because I live in a bad neighborhood and densely packed bookshelves are great for stopping bullets.

She's also said that's her personal preference and tons of books are fine if you actually read them sometimes

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

they used to be semi decent history memes until the mask slips off and you see that the consumers and producers of those are chuds. :whitewater:

Well it started as an offshoot of a comic produced by a proud white supremacist whose other work was about them wanting to gently caress Hitler so...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The other snag with Chaos is that it fundamentally by its very nature keeps itself in check. If one god starts getting too powerful than 2 of the others, 3 if it gets really bad, gang up on the powerful one until somebody else gets more powerful. It just kind of isn't possible for one Chaos god to get powerful enough to stomp the other two.

Except in the case of the two Ork gods. Gork and Mork supposedly could crush the others with ease...if they weren't so busy fighting eachother.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

That's the big problem when fundamentally uncreative people add to the background. They start with 4 gods who fundamentally keep each other in check. But then oh yeah then there's these guys who are way more powerful than them.... Oh yeah and some other guys who are even more powerful than even those guys. Etc etc.

Eh, it actually fits the whole ork thing. The ork gods and the orkz don't need to actually win anything because it's the fighting they love. Gork and Mork have no reason to bother the others because the others create the carnage they need. A big weakness of them though is that they don't really embody both good and evil concepts as much as the others. They just fight.

Also there were five chaos gods at one time, but the last just kind of faded out of the lore over time.

Tzeentch is the most interesting of the chaos gods anyways. I just love the guy who makes his schemes often so complex they are self-defeating, but he doesn't care because scheming itself is the point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This hit me too hard this morning.

I've had this issue all week. Right in the feels.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dr Christmas posted:

Hot Fuzz is the absolute most fun I’ve ever had in a movie theater.

Shaun of the Dead is almost as good too. Both are just endlessly rewatchable because you'll always notice a new joke.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

bony tony posted:

My only issue with the Witcher TV show is that Geralt doesn't have two swords. That's like one of his main things.

Apparently in the books he carries one sword a lot when on a mission. He just brings the one needed at the time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Ape of Naples posted:

If there was any reason to go that extreme I'd assume for some medical reason. And you can totally shave a Husky. You shouldn't but if for some important reason you can. They'd bitch a lot though. Sorry for the gendered verb.

E: Though it's more likely a photoshop.

I had neighbours with a dog as hairy as a Husky (they didn't know the breed, he was a stray,) they'd heavily shave down in the summer because he'd get too hot but if that's not a photoshop it's almost definitely for medical reasons.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The Harley Quinn show wasn't bad- 1st episode was on Youtube TV before it disappeared into DC's lovely streaming service.

It's on Adult Swim as well if you have that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Japan has an insane number of NEET incels so is the Japanese internet full of those dudes calling women names and being anti-SJW or whatever?

Yep, and they love to frame it as those evil WESTERN SJWs attacking their cultural values.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Shut up Meg posted:

Neither of them are conventionally attractive.

However, it turned out that they were both happy people and in love with each other so who's laughing now?

Exactly. If they found love good for them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Compromised both the car frame and the front seatbelts. Smart.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

This is beautiful. Camo-green, dozens of exposed screws, chipped metal.

What's that dial thing on the left side?

Either a crank generator as mentioned or more likely a selector for encryption.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanomalaite_M/90

Edit: \/ it looks like there's both a knob and the connector on that side.

Mokinokaro has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Apr 30, 2020

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That's a really nasty Trump loving internet Nazi account posting stolen content there.

Rest of their feed is racist dogwhistling and adult pictures posted in protest of "censorship" of previous racist comments.

Basically stay the gently caress away from the rest of that account. Don't give people like them a signal boost.

Mokinokaro has a new favorite as of 11:01 on May 22, 2020

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ulex minor posted:

this really has lost all meaning now hasn't it

Not really? That account seems to love spreading racist dogwhistles against China and Muslims.

I was mostly warning folks to not open the actual account hoping for more comedy. You won't find it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Yes “chicken” is easily mistranslated as “chicken dump truck”, I can certainly understand that

I would've assumed "chicken dumplings" but apparently it's not?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah he's trying to scare them off.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

https://twitter.com/aeshryver_/status/1277620854571126791
you could tell me there already was a YA series called Daughter of Glass and Bone and I'd believe you

Song of Fire and Blood, the most metal of YA fiction.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rondette posted:

Oh absolutely. I find that embarrassing too, it's funny to hear it having the piss royally ripped out of it.

ETA-- imagine rifftrax for books.

Isnt that 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back?

I'll definitely check it out. I love bad book podcasts.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I wouldn't say I dislike it but the only Brooks movie I'd seen before it was Blazing Saddles so there's no way I wasn't going to be disappointed.

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are the hard ones to top for sure.

Space Balls is quite comfortably in the middle of the pack as far as his movies go I'd say. Equal with Men in Tights.

That still ranks it fairly high among movie comedies of its style though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
There's no way that cat got in there on its own.